Missing points in Nations Cup

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Tomino21, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Tomino21

Tomino21

Hey guys,

yesterday was r17 of Nations cup. I did attend 4 races. Placed 3rd,4th, and 5th. Last race DNF - too many spins... Anyways, Checked the points score this morning and I see 0. How can I report that? As I had pretty good results and also spend whole afternoon on it, I am pretty angry about the 0 points.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Rangeraus

Rangeraus

Only the last race you enter counts.

3. Tomino21

Tomino21

omg... In that case, I am idiot :banghead:..spending the whole afternoon on racing with good results, exiting last game and receiving 0...

Thanks man for the info

dlshearon, The_Tullster and Pigems like this.
  4. ASH32

ASH32

Yes if you get a good result, do not run again, it's too risky that'll you'll have a bad race and get less points, or (as you found out) if you quit/get dc'd you'll get none at all. ;)

5. Tomino21

Tomino21

so you always receive points only for the last race? I thought there is some formula in case of attending more races, so you, lets say, receive an average of all attended... i was not certain about the pointing system., now I got it... Thx

The_Tullster and Pigems like this.
  6. ASH32

ASH32

Yes. ;)

KosmoKazi, The_Tullster and Pigems like this.
  7. The_Tullster

The_Tullster

Which is one reason why I run FIA only once for each round. The other is that I treat it like a RL race, no do overs.

Redneckchef, dlshearon and Pigems like this.
  8. Tomino21

Tomino21

I wish I know this like 6 months ago... sooooo much time wasted :banghead:

dlshearon, Pigems and The_Tullster like this.
  9. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

If you're only interested in points, you don't need to race every week. Only your best scores from however many rounds count.

Last season the game just gave up on giving me points in the manufacturers cup (they weren't even showing as a 0).

dlshearon and Pigems like this.
  10. Pigems

Pigems Premium

We’re you using your Game Genie again Max? :lol:

dlshearon likes this.
  11. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

I was doing the races, getting the end screen saying how many points I'd won then having the leaderboard show nothing for about 3 rounds. FIA races are just for photobombing streamers in stupid cars now :lol:.

Redneckchef, dlshearon and Pigems like this.
  12. Pigems

Pigems Premium

That’s weird, I’ve had the end screen show XX points only to have the leaderboard show 1 or 2 less points the next day, but never all of them.

GOTMAXPOWER likes this.
  13. HaydenFan69

HaydenFan69

Hey, I have points from two FIA Manufacturer's wins that got lost because I did not know that either so don't feel too bad.

Pigems likes this.
  14. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

As mentioned, only the last race counts.

Just to confirm you're aware of this - if you care about points, you also need to track the points being offered per result, not your finishing position. Because the points you score are based on where you finish and the rank of the people you're racing against. So knowing this will help you decide when to call it a night.

If I like the race I'll probably enter every slot for the fun of it. If I'm not in contention for the tour finals it's pretty inconsequential.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    Pigems likes this.