Mission B-5

  • Thread starter Thread starter doctorandrew
  • 14 comments
  • 5,217 views
Messages
68
United States
Fairfax, VA
Messages
doctor_andrew
The GTR black edition challenge was the most difficult for me in the national B league. The AI really tails you and a lot of times I lost due to disqualification because the AI would bump my rear. Isn't the AI suppose to break or find a different line around me? I eventually got the gold sweating my ass off hoping the AI doesn't bump me in the rear once I passed it. Aside from the bad AI it was enjoyable.
 
I had the same problem with the AI. He never reacted to where I was on the track; if I was breaking late and coming up on the inside approaching a corner he would simply close the door, and when I passed him he would PIT maneuver me whenever he got close.
I lost my temper and settled for bronze, after having almost spun out twice due to PIT's.
 
This was fun at least. AI set you under pressure. I liked it. A lot :)
 
The AI bumped my tail on the straight. Other than that, he was competitive and fair.
 
I thought it was disgusting.

I'd gain anywhere from 1/2 to 2 seconds in each turn. Then check my rearview to see that red GT-R getting bigger and bigger, until he was within a car length going into the next corner.

I'm really getting sick of this rubberbanding 🤬.
 
I didn't have that problem on this one, but I did on the Miura/Murcielago event later on. I was always drilled off track by the Murcielago in the braking zone for the first turn on lap 2. Not the way to treat such an iconic car!
 
This one did take me a bit to finish. Clocked in at 2:19:76 :p
 
Though I'm .060 seconds from completing this event, this one I had the most fun. Went out and bought the Black Edition.
 
So, when the AI are completely hopeless... it's 🤬.
When the AI aren't, and put pressure on you... it's 🤬.

Make your minds up! :banghead:

Don't make sweeping generalizations.

Losing is a part racing. It's what makes you better.

Opponents defying the rules you operate under in order to create the semblance of a challenge is a band aid. When I enter a RUF CTR in the 20 Minutes of Willow, I expect to lose. The leaders should maintain laps 10 seconds under mine, they're in a FXX for 🤬 sake. They should lap me. But, they slow down and I catch up in a 25 year old car with 1/2 the horsepower.
 
EDIT: Never mind.
 
Don't make sweeping generalizations.

Losing is a part racing. It's what makes you better.

Opponents defying the rules you operate under in order to create the semblance of a challenge is a band aid. When I enter a RUF CTR in the 20 Minutes of Willow, I expect to lose. The leaders should maintain laps 10 seconds under mine, they're in a FXX for 🤬 sake. They should lap me. But, they slow down and I catch up in a 25 year old car with 1/2 the horsepower.

I haven't got to Super Licence stuff yet so I can't comment on that.

If there is a huge amount of rubberbanding, that is annoying I agree. But at this point, I would rather have that than me burning past the AI because they're hopeless.

It's strange that after all this time, PD can't make a decent AI algorithm.
 
I haven't got to Super Licence stuff yet so I can't comment on that.

If there is a huge amount of rubberbanding, that is annoying I agree. But at this point, I would rather have that than me burning past the AI because they're hopeless.

It's strange that after all this time, PD can't make a decent AI algorithm.

I agree. I don't care if it was rubberbanding AI, the GT-R mission is the most fun I had in the game so far and I wish every other race was like it.

Yes, I know rubberbanding isn't the right way either, but it would still be more exciting than the normal AI that drive like it's a track day.
 
It was very fun.

My tip is: try to make the first couple of turns without losing much speed. If you get ahead before the first long straight, that's it. The bot will try to overtake and even bump into you if you brake too early on the slowest parts, but it is manageable.

It is a truly fun challenge.
 
Last edited:
Yup, I always pass the AI at turn 3. The first two turns were taken without breaking, just throttle control. Then take an outside line on turn #3 and power pass the AI. Those are the 3 turns I know best... I restarted a LOT! I love the chase, but the AI bumping me in my line is a no no.
 
Last edited:
Back