Mission Challenges - Rally Driving

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 38 comments
I have to say, I've had the both the 2 lap night rallys on silver for ages. Nothing I did could get me into first position. That is until I moved the power ratio to 50/50. It was like driving a completely different car with a whole load of extra grip.

Managed to gold them both pretty easily!

Thank you GT gurus. 👍

Now the only mission challenge I haven't got gold on is 4 laps of the Nurburgring....

YES!! Finally did it, thanks all for your help! Never thought I'd be so happy to get a bronze :)

Did it in the Mitsubishi, full weight reduction, no power increase, TC 1, 50/50 for 4WD and eventually crossed the line 3rd, not too far off second!

For anyone else struggling, apart from all the good advice here, I found trying to keep ON the grass as much as possible helped.

Thanks goodness I don't have to do that again..... stage 7 here I come :cheers:

I did all those rally challenges with default car provided. Only thing I did adjust was setting traction control to zero.
I've been aware since Gran Turismo 2 that Polyphony thinks it's all good rallying when car keeps sliding all axis but z one. Even at slow speed.

Therefore for Gran Turismo rallying it is important to have good acceleration, precise control on accelerator and ability to oversteer car slightly.
Approach corners and hairpins like there's wheat flour on floor from middle of track and turn in advance and set car for gentle slide (in game it seems to be always 4 wheel slide). Not on apex but slightly afterwards you can floor it when you feel car will not touch outcurve barrier.

Easy. Sectors are second below gold limit even first try, full laps several seconds.

Question on mission 4-6. Did the difficulty increase on this mission between the video and now? The narrator’s times for both laps are 3:07 together and he’s handily winning. I’m down to 3:03.4 for my best attempt but still cannot catch up to first through the track. I’ve implemented every tip I’ve read and am running the mandatory 86 Rally Car with zero traction control. I’m at a loss of what to do, as I’ve been struggling with this for weeks.

Edit: never mind. Practice makes perfect I guess. 3:01.2 was enough to get by without too much heartache on the last few turns.

Last edited:
Question on mission 4-6. Did the difficulty increase on this mission between the video and now? The narrator’s times for both laps are 3:07 together and he’s handily winning. I’m down to 3:03.4 for my best attempt but still cannot catch up to first through the track. I’ve implemented every tip I’ve read and am running the mandatory 86 Rally Car with zero traction control. I’m at a loss of what to do, as I’ve been struggling with this for weeks.

Edit: never mind. Practice makes perfect I guess. 3:01.2 was enough to get by without too much heartache on the last few turns.
How does one change the car? I thought you had to use the one provided? I to am on 4-6 and after abut 10 or 15 tries I still am only getting 6th. I have 0 traction controll, +2 brakes and power all to the front. Bet really, how can I change the car?

How does one change the car? I thought you had to use the one provided? I to am on 4-6 and after abut 10 or 15 tries I still am only getting 6th. I have 0 traction controll, +2 brakes and power all to the front. Bet really, how can I change the car?
You can’t, you’re right. That 86 Rally Car they have you use is not great.

Back