Mission Impossible

  • Thread starter Thread starter ice10001
  • 0 comments
  • 416 views
Messages
1
Messages
ice10001
Hi all,

reviews, reviews, reviews..... and then your own personal experience.

I started playing GT5, and well, I do honestly hate to say it, I am not happy. I suppose I cant now write a 'review' as I am a nobody just venting, but I think venting is just what I need to do.

Now I love GT4, and I am fortunate to have an original PS3 that plays PS2 titles (including GT4) and after playing GT5, I keep telling myself, "I am playing GT4 with a little more depth". What was I expecting? Well, lets be honest, we have all played and or seen the competition. NFS, Forza, bla bla etc. Anyone (everyone) will argue that everything else is arcadey, but lets be honest, visually, they offer the same?

Now to the point, why am I venting? Well, I still have my copy of GT4 which doesnt have cockpit view (which I never use anyway, I am a bonnet view or 3rd person view driver) so have we all been duped? Payed for something that just got dusted off & re-marketed? I know GT5 has more 'content' with the Top gear track, etc, but, is it enough to make up for the obvious 'humdrum' we have all waited so long for?

Another very contentious point, I am a xbox hater, and only had one loong ago to play TDU, which after I 'completed' I sold. Has GT5 pushed me into the arms of Forza? I am thinking, yes it may just have. I will actually try & see any visual diffirence between the cars on Forza & GT5, and when I come to a conclusion, I will then come to another conclusion, will there be enough of a diffirence for me to care?

And lastly, my most costly of all vents, the challenges in GT5. I have spent hours trying to complete some of the challenges which just seem ridiculously hard, and after all these hours, barely scraping a bronze. Then sitting back, and saying, I would pay good money to see anyone at the GT5 development camp, sit down, & do the same challenge in the time provided for the gold or silver, with a gamepad (not a expensive gaming rig with steering wheel etc)

Anyway, to sum it up, I have it, I will play it, and wait for the money cheats to surface, so I can have a decent collection, but my happy/not-happy game own ratio is 30/70 (30% happy, 70% unhappy)

Polyphony Digital is capable of so much more, and especially on the greatest of all consoles, the PS3, with Blu-ray disk, maybe the wait killed it for us all, this could have been bashed out years ago.

Perhaps a GT6 will change my love for this franchise back.
 
Back