Mito, Hudson and M4 TT's

• Thread starter Johnar726
  • 12 comments
England
Kent
ralphy0502
Jar Jar Binks l
So i have spent a lot of time today on these 3 TT's, but i am massively off the pace on all 3 of them. I generally always finish in the top 20 on TT's (including the Honda Fit TT).

I am some 4 or 5 seconds off number one on all 3 of them, am i missing something here? Is there something i need to do to get faster cars? Its just like i am using a standard car compared to everyone else.

Practice makes perfect, Andretti & M4 cars are provided so not much you can do other than practice...
...and fiddle with the various driving aids settings.

Mito and Fit will benefit from tuning, I suggest starting with weight-reduction on both.
If you take the time to trawl through the various threads in this section for these TTs...
...you will find tips and tuning strategies...its all at your fingertips... :sly:

So i have spent a lot of time today on these 3 TT's, but i am massively off the pace on all 3 of them. I generally always finish in the top 20 on TT's (including the Honda Fit TT).

I am some 4 or 5 seconds off number one on all 3 of them, am i missing something here? Is there something i need to do to get faster cars? Its just like i am using a standard car compared to everyone else.

I think it's because you can use your own car, so you can tune it, then add weight to bring the PP down.
The reason for this is, if you watch your friends lines when your doing your lap, not all your friends have their lines showing up, this is because they have used their own cars.

Nope i always have everything except ABS turned off, (when i can as i know SRF is sometimes forced on).

I read somewhere else that you can use your own M4 in that TT, but if i tune one and try and use that it just reverts me back to the standard car as its a borrowed car.

If i race the ghost of someone in the top ten i can see the speed difference on the straights and even the corners, specially in the M4.

Maybe i am just having an incredibly bad day...

I read somewhere else that you can use your own M4 in that TT, but if i tune one and try and use that it just reverts me back to the standard car as its a borrowed car..

That's false information, you can only use the car the game gives you for the event. I tried to use my own, untouched M4 in it and it just throws me to the event car. If you see a speed difference even on the straights, maybe they're just getting a better, faster exit from the corners (because of SRF?).

That's false information, you can only use the car the game gives you for the event. I tried to use my own, untouched M4 in it and it just throws me to the event car. If you see a speed difference even on the straights, maybe they're just getting a better, faster exit from the corners (because of SRF?).

So SRF on is faster???

It certainly feels like it, at least my times are usually 1-4 seconds faster with SRF ON compared to OFF, depending on the track.

Yea i have just been reading through other threads, apparently SRF on is a hell of a lot faster than having it off!! If your saying your times are up to 4 secs quicker then that makes perfect sense to me. I'll give it ago with it turned on when i get on the playstation!

Thanks for your input guys.

I'm not on your "top 20" skill level, but usually can gold a TT in a few tries (if not the first try when I'm lucky).

That Andretti challenge, aids off, with a wheel, I struggled to get silver, after 15 laps, I gave up without a gold.

Turn SRF on, using a DS3, gold the first lap. 3 more laps just for fun, all were gold. SRF knocked off about 4 seconds.

I've never needed it for anything before, in any of the GT's, but I can see how the top drivers could have it on even if they have the skill to lay down blistering times. It just plain makes you faster.

@Johnar726, are you talking about top 20 in the world? Or do you mean out of your friends?

Generally top 20 in the world. I only have about 8 friends on PlayStation lol

Had a very quick go at the m4 with srf on and took 3secs out of my time in the very first lap. I'll have a proper crack at these again when I get spare time after xmas.

Back