Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III Rally Car 1996

Venezuela
Venezuela
jgys25
This car was used in the game "Gran Turismo 2" named "Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR" Simulation Mode improved using the option Tune Up and then Racing Modification and hence the modification appears rally car

evo3_1.jpg
evo3_2.jpg

Last edited:
That's a replica, Ive seen hundreds of Evo and Impreza based rally replicas cruising about UK roads, although the lack of a big cheap exhaust pipe puts this a cut above the rest.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest the car in those pictures isn't an actual works Group A Evo III and rather just a standard road car dressed up to look like the works car.
In 1996, Tommi Makinen used 4 liveries:

The primary livery of Mitsubishi Ralliart Team;
1996+7+Suecia+Makinen+Mitsubishi+Lancer+Evo+III3.jpg

The Petronas Livery has been used in Australia Rally, where Tommi Makinen got his first title; The Australian Rally has been the 5th round of 1996 Asian Pacific Rally Championship season.
makinen96.jpg

The Winfield, where it was used in RACC Spanish Rally and Sanremo Rally
15126615.jpg

And the Rothmans livery, exclusive for the Rally New Zealand, which was 4th round of Asia Pacific Rally Championship. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a decent picture.
maxresdefault.jpg

Warning: if my comment is considered as inappropriate, please let me know and I'll delete the comment ASAP.

In 1996, Tommi Makinen used 4 liveries:

The primary livery of Mitsubishi Ralliart Team;
1996+7+Suecia+Makinen+Mitsubishi+Lancer+Evo+III3.jpg

The Petronas Livery has been used in Australia Rally, where Tommi Makinen got his first title; The Australian Rally has been the 5th round of 1996 Asian Pacific Rally Championship season.
makinen96.jpg

The Winfield, where it was used in RACC Spanish Rally and Sanremo Rally
15126615.jpg

And the Rothmans livery, exclusive for the Rally New Zealand, which was 4th round of Asia Pacific Rally Championship. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a decent picture.
maxresdefault.jpg

Warning: if my comment is considered as inappropriate, please let me know and I'll delete the comment ASAP.

Love the fact that the front splitter's been damaged in both of the first two pictures :lol:

If it was put to a vote I'd choose the Petronas livery.

Love the fact that the front splitter's been damaged in both of the first two pictures :lol:

If it was put to a vote I'd choose the Petronas livery.
Maybe that Tommi Makinen may have hit something,,,,

If I had to choose the 4 liveries, then I would go with Ralliart Team (the first one) because it is the Racing Modification which we have on GT2. I also used to make an replica of Group A car in GT2, but couldn't get 300 HP right! :(

lancer evo iii.JPG

Watch this video of Real sound:

This video shows the real sound of Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III Group A up to 4:25

A better picture of the Rothmans livery for @Harsk100:

96burnsnz.jpg

I'll pick the regular livery anyway. ;)
Thanks, but the #4 number is from Richard Burns and Robert Reid, both from England. You can see their names on the left side of the car.

Here's the entry list of 1996 Rally New Zealand. (Although the entry list is not complete yet) Click here

Latest Posts

Back