Mitsubishi PUMA 3000GT (GTO) Questions regarding the history of use

Brazil
Brazil
Hello everyone, I have many doubts regarding this model, so I would like to get rid of those doubts.

The PUMA model was only used during the period from 1994 to 1996 only?
Was the model used (3000GT SL)?

Last edited:
Are you asking on what actual 3000GT version the Puma livery was used in real life?

From what pictures I can find on google, I'd say around 94-97 since we can find pictures of 1995 GTO models and a few of the '97.

Also, the car was suggested for a return to GT here apparently:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/mitsubishi-gto-super-taikyu-ralli-art-puma-1997.315251/

As for if it's the SR/SL/non-turbo version or the Twin Turbo/VR-4, I'm sure it's the VR-4. Becanse a N/A 3000GT would never compete against GTRs and Evos.
'95 model
Mitsubishi-GTO-N1-Puma-02.jpg

tumblr_n8ncvgNjHE1qm6egko1_1280.jpg

'97 model
tbt-Puma-Mitsubishi-GTO-N1-Super-Taikyu-race-on-WORK-Meister-S1-1995-artofwheel.jpg

Bonus:
realpumaevov.jpg

If you mod one of the 1995 Mitsu GTO/3000GTs, you'll find this design.

One of the mid-90s Lancer Evolution's race modifications has this livery. Can't remember exactly which, it's been 15 years.

Many of the Super Taikyus live on in the game's [R] mods.

Both GSR and RS Evo V have the Puma livery. So at least they got it right.
The Evo VIs have a Advan livery and the older III and IV have their WRC/Group A liveries. The Evo II didn't get any RM.

Hi thanks for the answer, about the period of use I can state that the model used was the 3000 SL. I have evidences taken from video

This car uses an engine (DOHC 24v V6). It confirms exactly what I'm saying
The version of 97 was actually used I can state with this video also

Attachments

• Orginal Puma GTO  @ Super Taikyu 1 - 5-screenshot.png
    Orginal Puma GTO @ Super Taikyu 1 - 5-screenshot.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 1996 Mitsubishi PUMA GTO (3000GT VR4)-screenshot (1).png
    1996 Mitsubishi PUMA GTO (3000GT VR4)-screenshot (1).png
    88.6 KB · Views: 118
Actually, it was a GTO MR. MR standing for Mitsubishi Racing. The car itself was used in the N1 Group race series of the 90's from 94-97 but there were different models used as they changed so slightly over the years of release.
My car IRL is based off the '96 model and is actually an MR that came out due to the homologation requirements that needed to be met to enter the series.
The SL model 3000GT is a non turbo and would have lost every race if it was entered. Not to mention the 3000GT badge was reserved for the non Japanese markets so it wouldn't have been used in a Japanese race series.
The MR is a the pinacle of the GTO line-up having a Twin-turbo V6 motor with revised turbos (often upgraded from factory to 13Ts) and was also a lighter car then the other models.

Hope this information was useful.

Back