Mixed Reality: Thrill of the Fight VR boxing fat guy gameplay

• Thread starter Gabkicks
  • 7 comments
Anyone Else here play TOTF? what are your thoughts on the game?

What game is that? Just got back into VR and ordered a Revrb G2 to replace my old CV1 and that looks like fun.

Edit: Lol, nvm just saw the name in the title. 😁

Last edited:
its really fun. i had a lot of fun playing it with my CV1, but being wireless with the Quest 2 is great. its so nice not having to worry about a cable, but if you have your cable hanging down from the ceiling, maybe it wont be so bad.

its really fun. i had a lot of fun playing it with my CV1, but being wireless with the Quest 2 is great. its so nice not having to worry about a cable, but if you have your cable hanging down from the ceiling, maybe it wont be so bad.
That's not an option for me I have vaulted ceilings 😂 But I'll let you know how it goes when it gets here later this week.

That's not an option for me I have vaulted ceilings 😂 But I'll let you know how it goes when it gets here later this week.
Well, G2 arrived and it wasn't the updated one and WMR doesn't play nice with Steamvr for me so it went back. I got a Q2 with the intention of just checking it out but at 299 with the airlink for Steam, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna keep it as a stopgap until next gen. As you said, wireless is nice and it's a nice improvement over my cv1.

Probaly gonna get TotF in the next week or so as I had a stress fracture in my foot a few weeks ago and couldn't really play it yet anyway.

yeah the quest 2 is a good purchase for now. i think totf was selling for half off for a few days. i dont know if the sale is still going.

Here's me fighting the Boss, Moneymaker, on hardest difficulty with drift protection on. i can't move as well as I'd like to some days because I need surgery on my ankle and shoulder.

Last edited:
yeah the quest 2 is a good purchase for now. i think totf was selling for half off for a few days. i dont know if the sale is still going.

Here's me fighting the Boss, Moneymaker, on hardest difficulty with drift protection on. i can't move as well as I'd like to some days because I need surgery on my ankle and shoulder.

Saw that post on Steam.

Yeah, I grabbed it for 7.99 during the Steam sale. Also got Creed for 9.99 while I was at it. TotF is def the more realistic of the two but I have to say that Creed is a lot of fun too. Unfortunately I re-injured my foot because I'm not very smart and ignore Dr's orders so I'll be taking it easy again for a week or so but I see myself spending a lot of time boxing in the future.

Edit: From a strictly fitness perspective TotF is much more of a workout. You have to work much harder to get the win in that game, no easy knockouts.

Last edited:
Back