Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

After the races yesterday I was out on the road... and saw a 300C (tons of them around here) ... with driver side front corner end damage... and thought - good thing we keep visible damage off. :odd: :lol:

RE: Replays not loading.
I tried watching them offline which was suggested by someone... and that didn't help my odds it seemed.
I also tried saving them before watching them. It worked once. But then not again. I mean I couldn't load a replay. Then I saved it first and played it and it played. But then the next one I saved before playing, and it didn't load. I did it again, and it didn't load.
So I don't know what to think. :grumpy: :(

RE: "dirty tracks"
I don't want to sound... :crazy:, but tracks don't drive dirty, drivers drive dirty. :rolleyes: :lol: :sly:
What I mean is that yes, some tracks are a bit wild! Trial Mountain is definitely one of those tracks. But that doesn't mean you can't have a clean race. Of course my definition of a "clean race" is NOT one with zero contact, no accidents, and completely without race incidents... but one where contact only occurs by honest mistakes, and appropriate concessions are made.
(ie: you should try not to bump... but if you do bump don't pass or give the spot back if you did pass. And don't attempt in the first place to go 4 wide through the chicane at Madrid. The track isn't the problem - it's people trying to go 4 wide through the chicane that's the problem.)

RE: Matterhorn Short
vomit.gif
vomit.gif
vomit.gif

I couldn't even finish testing a set of cars there a few weeks ago. That track makes me totally car sick. :ill: :lol: :odd:

Last edited:
pop me down for next tuesday & thursday

re abs - i always have it set to 1 - I have tried with it off but not since gt5 & the results weren't pretty. I don't think I have enough finger control to make it work on the ds3.

So when I brake late its pretty much always because... I brake late , simple as that. Often this occurs when I have overtaken someone & as this is such a rare event I tend to panic & forget to brake in the excitement.

Oh come on jack you're not that bad. Often times though when I'm in a heated battle with some other people my nerves get to me and I mess up horribly often on the last lap :ill:. This goes back to watermelons low pp shuffles in gt5. It happened so often that I've started calling a major screw up on the last lap pulling a daddyo :lol:. I use this term with other people as well like during limbo stick cup. I believe cc pulled a daddyo on Monaco

Last edited:
Results
Thursday Series #1, Event #3
Thursday 23 January 2014

1. KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling) 86 pts
  2. LeoStrop (LeoStrop) 80 pts
  3. buraspo (buraspo) 73 pts
  4. Phouchg (xNikodemusx) 70 pts
  5. amarynceos (amarynceos) 57 pts
  6. HusamOne (HusamOne) 56 pts
  7. CC570 (cc570) 53 pts
  8. watermelonpunch (wat3rm370n) 53 pts
  9. temuster (temuster) 53 pts
  10. blobbington* (blobbington) 45 pts
  11. daddyo845 (daddy-o845) 41 pts
  12. ryzno (ryzno) 39 pts
  13. John Wells (johnwells69) 31 pts
  14. Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat) 30 pts
  15. LongbowX (LongbowX) 20 pts
  16. about-paper11* (about-paper11) 15 pts

Race #1 @ Suzuka

IMG_2549.jpg

Race #2 @ Autumn Ring

IMG_2552.jpg

Race #3 @ Cape Ring

IMG_2559.jpg

personal report from watermelonpunch:
Apologies to John Wells who I bumped in a very silly manner.

Race #4 @ Trial Mountain
  1. CC570 (cc570) BMW Z8 '01
  2. LeoStrop (LeoStrop) Jaguar XFR '10
  3. amarynceos (amarynceos) Infiniti G35 Coupe '06
  4. watermelonpunch (wat3rm370n) BMW M3 Coupe '07
  5. blobbington* (blobbington) Infiniti G35 Coupe '06
  6. daddyo845 (daddy-o845) Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG '08
  7. HusamOne (HusamOne) Audi S4 '03
  8. ryzno (ryzno) Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG (R230) '02
  9. Phouchg (xNikodemusx) BMW 135i Coupe '07
  10. buraspo (buraspo) Infiniti G35 Coupe '06
  11. John Wells (johnwells69) Maserati GranTurismo S '08
  12. KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling) Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury '07
  13. temuster (temuster) Chrysler 300C '05
  14. Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat) Jaguar S-Type R '02
daddyo845
Post-Race Concession - failure to make contact concession after pushing blobbington* off track

Race #5 @ Nürburgring Nordschleife

IMG_2567.jpg

blobbington*
1 pt penalty - passed buraspo 4 wheels off track before the finish - (the 1st off-road was to avoid colliding... the 2nd off-road was to make room to pass, which is not allowed)
daddyo845
1 pt penalty - too much off-roading & collisions, and involvement in incidents in a single race

Race Incidents in & around Hatzenbachbogen through Flugplatz, Aremberg, and Bergwerk.
There were several incidents. In one case early in the race, cc570 bumped daddyo845, followed by daddyo845 bumping cc570.
A lot of other incidents seemed to be multiple cars going off track all on their own.

I got the impression that some were frustrated with the cars that they got for this race, and just remember when that happens that no matter what, you're better off than the times in GT5 shuffle you got stuck with the muscle car that hit the limiter at Monza. :lol:

Last turn of the race, I had no idea I would see another car again before the finish line, so I was shocked. I apologize because it looks like I came in pretty hot & was surprised by Phouchg who was slowed to make a concession I see in the replay... I didn't know that at the time, I thought he was spun out.

Race #6 @ Deep Forest Reverse
  1. CC570 (cc570) Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06
  2. daddyo845 (daddy-o845) BMW M3 Coupe '07
  3. LeoStrop (LeoStrop) Audi S4 '03
  4. temuster (temuster) Aston Martin Vanquish '04
  5. Phouchg (xNikodemusx) Jaguar S-Type R '02
  6. KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling) Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury '07
  7. blobbington* (blobbington) Chrysler 300C '05
  8. John Wells (johnwells69) BMW Z8 '01
  9. watermelonpunch (wat3rm370n) BMW 135i Coupe '07
  10. HusamOne (HusamOne) Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG (R230) '02
  11. buraspo (buraspo) Infiniti G35 Coupe '06
  12. ryzno (ryzno) Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG '08
  13. Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat) Maserati GranTurismo S '08
  14. amarynceos (amarynceos) Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG (R230) '02
amarynceos
DQ - improper car
John Wells
warning: please also check the driver who finished in front of you for their car assignment for the next race
buraspo
warning: too much bumps while putting in passes... unsettled the cars of watermelonpunch, John Wells, ryzno (in different places)...
daddyo845
warning - make sure you leave room on the inside if you've got a car that has overlap before the turn (in this case I think it was temuster)

The Race Incident (I think it was lap 3)...
Involving blobbington*, amarynceos, Chiochan, and a few other cars that were travelling in a pack. Chiochan made concession to amarynceos, which was courteous... but I think it was just a no-fault accident there when cars all got caught up in a draft together and there was some paint rubbing at different speeds & the concertina effect, and then an unfortunate spin out.

At one point in the race, I accidentally missed a brake point & dove in front of Chiochan, returned the spot, but hit buraspo - who was already off-track, and other cars had to swerve to avoid us.
Sorry about that. :guilty:

Race #7 @ Apricot Hill

IMG_2575.jpg

Race #8 @ Matterhorn Riffelsee

IMG_2579.jpg

After I said try not to get the high flier trophy... I was the one who became airborne. :guilty: :rolleyes:

THURSDAY SERIES 1 POINTS STANDINGS

1. goldtrophy.gif
    KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling) (210 pts)
  2. silvertrophy.gif
    LongbowX (LongbowX) (161 pts)
  3. bronzetrophy.gif
    temuster (temuster) (149 pts)
  4. Phouchg (xNikodemusx) (149 pts)
  5. HusamOne (HusamOne) (145 pts)
  6. watermelonpunch (wat3rm370n) (136 pts)
  7. LeoStrop (LeoStrop) (127 pts)
  8. CC570 (cc570) (121 pts)
  9. daddyo845 (daddy-o845) (119 pts)
  10. amarynceos (amarynceos) (114 pts)
  11. John Wells (johnwells69) (111 pts)
  12. Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat) (104 pts)
  13. ryzno (ryzno) (85 pts)
  14. Jonsey80 (mr_jones80) (81 pts)
  15. buraspo (buraspo) (73 pts)
  16. JLBowler (jlbowler) (68 pts)
  17. blobbington* (blobbington) (45 pts)
  18. jackargent (jackargent) (40 pts)
  19. TheConzio (theconzio) (25 pts)
  20. about-paper11* (about-paper11) (15 pts)
  21. DownStyle (Downstyle) (6 pts)

tie break:
temuster (temuster) (149 pts) (3 wins, 5 podiums)
Phouchg (xNikodemusx) (149 pts) (1 win, 4 podiums)

Event Results:
Event #1
Event #2
Event #3

Last edited:
Thursday January 23 2014
Series 1, Event 3
Cape Ring

It starts out all nice with jumps... and then I go into the rail on the circle... but the ridiculousness doesn't end there...
The funniest thing about this is that I had no idea it was cc570 behind me that bumped me and was trying to make a contact concession under those circumstances. :rolleyes: :lol:
All I knew when I saw cc570 was to think, "oh boy, now both @John Wells AND @CC570 see the mess I'm making of this". :guilty: :lol:
I started to laugh & I could barely drive after that.

Nice to finish on the podium even without (most of)the last event. Congrats to King...believe me, I always paid attention to where you were in the races. :lol:

I took some photos over the past events and stuff. I'm a bit rusty, etc. But here they are anyway. :P Mostly while I was doing race reviews for our supreme leader. I should have done some different shots but anyway...later.

CapeRing-North_1copy_zps1fe35a65.jpg

AutumnRing_13copy_zpse52f4458.jpg

CapeRing-North_3cop2y_zpsf41331f2.jpg

EigerNordwand-ShortTrack_5copy_zps1d8516ba.jpg

EigerNordwand-ShortTrack_7copy_zps960915e5.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_13copy_zpsb90919ce.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_1copy_zps0bd0f1a9.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_11copy_zpsa45b36ab.jpg

EigerNordwand-ShortTrack_6copy_zpsed83d2c7.jpg
DeepForestRaceway_4copy_zps98f1319e.jpg
MatterhornRiffelsee_8copy_zpsd9f6dbe3.jpg

ApricotHillRaceway_2copy_zpsed89ffc1.jpg

MatterhornRiffelsee_3copy_zps650dea15.jpg
TokyoR246_3copy_zpse2ec0e73.jpg

MatterhornRiffelsee_4copy_zpscf02e031.jpg

ApricotHillRacewaycopy_zpsb6e269e5.jpg

MatterhornRiffelsee_5copy_zps0389d2d6.jpg

Bonus 'cause it's just a variant...

TokyoR246_4copy_zps27c2a0ea.jpg

Thursday January 23 2014
Series 1, Event 3
Cape Ring

It starts out all nice with jumps... and then I go into the rail on the circle... but the ridiculousness doesn't end there...
The funniest thing about this is that I had no idea it was cc570 behind me that bumped me and was trying to make a contact concession under those circumstances. :rolleyes: :lol:
All I knew when I saw cc570 was to think, "oh boy, now both @John Wells AND @CC570 see the mess I'm making of this". :guilty: :lol:
I started to laugh & I could barely drive after that.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I could not for the life of me figure out what was going on.

Thursday 23 January
Series 1, Event 3
Matterhorn Riffelsee

High flyer highlights

I wish there were no track boundaries :D
without boundaries watermelon were leaving matterhorn and landing at the eiger nordwand track :lol::lol: or in suzuka ! depends on the lift off speed :cheers:
looking forward to todays racing .
great videos , great photos , as always 👍👍

Congrats to King...believe me, I always paid attention to where you were in the races. :lol:
thank you , sir !
...and believe me , I am doing the same :mischievous:

Last edited:
Hahahaha that is just hilarious! ^^ Every time I came up to that corner someone was in the grass, but that time was just crasy. I only saw the aftermath though, so didn't know you tried to turn your bimmer in to a flying machine :P You're a bit like my mother. My whole life she has told us to watch out so we don't spill food or whatever on ourselves and then she does it herself seconds later. 👍

Cr. 320,000 for the Nissan SKYLINE Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) '62!!
(yes, I'm buying all the cars, just in case...)

Good idea since you can't race without the correct car, and you never really know what you are gonna get!

I'd like to race with you guys but I'm going to get called any second ... oh wow, literally, I've just been told now... that tea is ready.

Perhaps later if I manage to convince the girls they don't want me around! :D

Really great racing tonight, had some great clean battles. :) Didn't really get up there in the points today but had fun anyway.

That last race though, watched the replay and yep it was ryzno who had crazy lag issues. once he even got a lead byt like 50 meters by lagbumping everyone behind ^^ Anyone who drove behind him was at risk of getting a head on collision with his car lagging backwards. Like me and like kling got in the last turn. :P

Back