Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

I really enjoyed myself. The races were really tight and there was always someone to have a tight battle with. Deep Forest was quite something, Longbow had such speed in the exit of the last corner. I almost felt sorry you missed out on 2nd place for 9 thousands... :sly:

There were just 2 glitches with my driving, tonight, to my knowledge.
I cut turn 5 of lap 2 of Laguna Seca but I believe I didn't really gain from it. Happy to get the appropriate penalty, though.
Then in the last race, at some point I went too far inside, I probably went over the line with all wheels. When I realised it, I tried to go back to the right but I bumped another car a bit... the boss' car, obviously... :ill: Sorry Watermelon! :nervous:

Hah look at this ^^

Just after ryz hit me, both of the cars are pretty much stationary as you can see from all the others being really blurry :P
Indianapolis Motor Speedway (2).jpg

0.01 second later. ryz is back up to speed and way ahead of me, I'm pretty much going backwards (as seen by my very blurry car :P )
Indianapolis Motor Speedway.jpg

Had a lot of fun at today's races. Got my first win, huzzah! (Even if it was purely a matter of luck of the draw.... :dopey: )

That last race was so hectic, though... even at such low speeds, three and four wide at Indy is a little bit nerve-jangling. I obviously don't learn too well sometimes; I kept trying the upper groove, even though it clearly didn't work... :lol:

Really great racing tonight, had some great clean battles. :) Didn't really get up there in the points today but had fun anyway.

That last race though, watched the replay and yep it was ryzno who had crazy lag issues. once he even got a lead byt like 50 meters by lagbumping everyone behind ^^ Anyone who drove behind him was at risk of getting a head on collision with his car lagging backwards. Like me and like kling got in the last turn. :P
I guess i'll be also not in the points for podium ,like you today .
but had a lot of fun though:gtpflag:

Super sorry about the lag in the last race, but I had a brown out 2 times in the previos race. First 1 nothing cut off, second 1 my router cut off right at the end of the race. I should have reset everything but I didnt want to hold up the race.
Im sorry about my poor judgment Ill accept whatever penltys I deserve.

Deep Forest was quite something, Longbow had such speed in the exit of the last corner. I almost felt sorry you missed out on 2nd place for 9 thousands... :sly:

Just part of racing! :P The Move can, uhm..."Move" through the corners well. Doesn't quite have the top speed though.

Hah look at this ^^

Ouch. That's some G-force right there - forwards to backwards! I wondered what the heck happened. That's a shame...

Some excellent racing overall though!

There have been no stewardship reviews requested or complaints lodged. So I'll get the results together as soon as I get to them.
I'm going to assume the race incidents in GVER & Indy SS were mainly lag incidents.

I know at the time I was kind of angry.. :lol: Because in the Indy race I had no idea what happened except I heard a crashing sound & found myself knocked out. :ouch: :boggled: I assumed there was a big crash or something, and that whoever took me out suffered less & kept going. :lol: :grumpy: And that everyone else involved recovered much better than me. :lol: So I was all mad thinking who did that!?!?? :mad: :lol: :rolleyes:

But that's odd. I thought I maybe saw a little lag in lap 1 turn 1 - but nothing after that.

Same in GVER... GTSail290 was in the Spitfire... and if he was the one lagging, then it was only a brief thing because I was behind him nearly the entire race, and I didn't see any lag.

Anyhow, PSN 👎 sometimes! :grumpy:

I had the setting at "high" by the way. I've tested it at Standard too. And then with more problems so...
I'm not convinced it's a huge difference.

That's refreshing, heh. I believe you asked me to review something though (you and johnwells), I think it was for London?

There was quite a bit lag for Indy, me and few others got taken out probably from chaos (lag-chaos perhaps) in a corner and had to bump-draft (with nomos and blob :cheers:) for a few laps to catch up again. Not much to be done about that though...that last race is a bit of a crapshoot anyway.

For me, I say daddyo lag jump back a forth a few times in the GVE/Rev race.

Could i sign up for Saturday the 8th of Feb. Thanks!

Good to see you again, look forward to the races!

@Vaca_Noche
Good to see you here. Welcome to GTP!
:gtpflag:
welcomesign.gif

For those who don't know... there have been several participants recently who have raced, but are not on GTP or maybe just don't post on GTP...
Such as blobbington, about-paper11, and nomos_gamma.
They've been regulars in GT5 shuffle rooms for a long time.
Well actually in the case of blobbington & nomos_gamma... I don't remember them much from my shuffle rooms, but my husband knows them from racing in shuffle rooms in the past. I think blobbington hosted shuffle rooms, IIRC... so that's kind of why I was hoping he'd sign up on GTP.
Anyhow some of the peeps who raced in my shuffle rooms have signed up on GTP now. Like @daddyo845 & @Coreyb.
I've tried to round people up.

I've not heard about Speedypenguin. That's someone that my husband shuffled with a lot, and sometimes joined my rooms on weekends. I don't know his exact PSN name because we didn't have him added... does anyone know if he's on GT6?

I never saw the lagging... just at one point on GVER, I thought I saw a car in the sand on the left coming out of the tunnel, but then it wasn't there. I don't know what car it was or who it was. I saw this from the tunnel in the dark, looking out into the end of the tunnel... so I may have even been mistaken and maybe the car was never in the sand in the first place.
I was behind GTSail290 after that... and never saw any lag. I don't remember seeing daddyo845 in the GVER race at all to be honest.

At any rate, I was only able to load a few of the replays. :grumpy:

Oh yeah, my bump with @John Wells - it was the last chicane in the race at London I definitely heard contact - it was side-by-side, so I don't know what happened, I thought I was careful to stay up on the curb at the right and leave him room, but I don't know - at the time I thought it would work out. I did have overlap (pretty sure) before the turn into the chicane. I was in the boaty car though I think. (So I was concerned about a waggling Skyline back end - as they are prone to have that issue.)

Just so we're clear - I was concerned about MY movements being okay. I was NOT lodging a complaint about @John Wells !!

(OMG especially since I think I've bumped John in half the races this whole week!!)

Great stuff last night, lots of extremely close, clean racing. By the end I really loved the Be-1 :D

I must say, the effort and care that's gone into making this series work is quite amazing - so massive thanks and appreciation to watermelon for getting this all together. In fact, if and when they ever do get shuffle back to GT6, I think you should absolutely carry on with this format 👍

Oh I plan on continuing this even if they do introduce shuffle to GT6.
We did start running events like this a long time ago:

April 2012
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...e-sign-ups-welcome-next-race-23rd-may.249748/
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/mcrc-luxury-mixer-league-tour-of-luxury-thursday-31st.251098/
April 2013
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ies-looking-for-more-drivers-join-now.280802/
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/vintage-sports-mixer-congrats-audiman2011-longbowx.279957/

So I've tried like heck to get things going with this.
But it was so much more bother in GT5
Because most cars were not so easily bought in teh dealership - you would have to wait to see them in UCD or OCD, and then gift them to people who were missing cars.
It was quite a pain.

But in a sense I think this is BETTER than shuffle, if only because you get to use your own cars.
But also because we CAN test them properly, and make sure there's no muscle car that someone's going to get on Monza with it hitting the limiter, or wind up in the Mini Marcos or Will at Daytona RC... or that sort of thing.

RESULTS
Series 2, Event 2
Saturday 25 January

1. LongbowX (LongbowX) 83 pts
  2. KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling) 73 pts
  3. daddyo845 (daddy-o845) 72 pts
  4. Phouchg (xNikodemusx) 69 pts
  5. blobbington* (blobbington) 66 pts
  6. amarynceos (amarynceos) 62 pts
  7. HusamOne (HusamOne) 59 pts
  8. Handlebar (HandlebarMustash) 58 pts
  9. WarriusZero (WarriusZero) 57 pts
  10. GTsail290 (GTsail2) 53 pts
  11. watermelonpunch (wat3rm370n) 53 pts
  12. nomos_gamma* (nomos_gamma) 53 pts
  13. ryzno (ryzno) 49 pts
  14. Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat) 43 pts
  15. John Wells (johnwells69) 33 pts
  16. GranTurismo916 (atongo619) 21 pts

Race #1 @ Monza

IMG_2599.jpg

Race #2 @ Madrid Mini
IMG_2601.jpg

Race #3 @ Laguna Seca
IMG_2606.jpg

Race #4 @ Suzuka East
IMG_2610.jpg

Race #5 @ London
IMG_2615.jpg

watermelonpunch
1 pt penalty - probably dodgy pass on John Wells

Race #6 @ Deep Forest

IMG_2619.jpg

Race #7 @ Grand Valley East Reverse
IMG_2622.jpg

Race #8 @ Indy Super Speedway
IMG_2629.jpg

Saturday Series #2 - Points Standings
  1. LongbowX (LongbowX) 145 pts
  2. Phouchg (xNikodemusx) 132 pts
  3. daddyo845 (daddy-o845) 118 pts
  4. HusamOne (HusamOne) 108 pts
  5. Handlebar (HandlebarMustash) 106 pts
  6. watermelonpunch (wat3rm370n) 103 pts
  7. KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling) 103 pts
  8. GTsail290 (GTsail2) 102 pts
  9. ryzno (ryzno) 101 pts
  10. Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat) 79 pts
  11. blobbington* (blobbington) 66 pts
  12. amarynceos (amarynceos) 62 pts
  13. LeoStrop (LeoStrop) 60 pts
  14. John Wells (johnwells69) 60 pts
  15. WarriusZero (WarriusZero) 57 pts
  16. nickg07 (Ballist1x) 54 pts
  17. nomos_gamma* (nomos_gamma) 53 pts
  18. JLBowler (jlbowler) 52 pts
  19. TheConzio (theconzio) 49 pts
  20. GranTurismo916 (atongo619) 21 pts
  21. gazleton (gazleton) 9 pts

Awesome I finally made the podium excellent racing everyone.

Curse you kling you beat me by one point :irked:. I'm kidding :lol:. Great racing kling

Latest Posts

Back