Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

Oh we probably won't use them by Saturday... I don't know how many people can get them on short notice.

I also need a couple more testers for the Traffic list, and we'll launch that too so peeps can start collecting them. 👍

NOTE:
I have updated the OP "Prohibited" section, to divvy things up by "on track", "in the lobby", and "in this thread".

This is not meant to discourage all off-topic friendly posts, but to discourage certain types of discussions that might lead to either misunderstandings, confusion, or offense.

Remember, at any time there may be newcomers to come and read the thread, and may be unfamiliar with the participants and where people are coming from when we discuss things.
Also, and I have to remind myself of this regularly too, when you're communicating in text form, especially with people translating from other languages, what sounds perfectly amicable in your head, when put into text, might come across in ways that were not meant, or be taken in a bad tone, or worse, lose or add something in translation. :nervous:
And, in a moment of annoyance or frustration, words, might in retrospect, be ill chosen.

The forum has smileys for a reason. 👍 :) :)
They really do help express tone & lighten the mood of words in type. :dopey:

Anger in a letter carries with it the effect of solidified fury. The words spoken in reproof melt with the breath of the speaker once the cause is forgiven; the written words on the page fix them everlasting.
--Emily Post

Last edited:
I think I may work on getting the traffic list but I don't know if I should help test the traffic list or prepare the legends list because getting both will be extremely costly and I don't think I want to get both right now. So many of these lists contain expensive cars. The good news is as I add these expensive cars to my collection, there will be less expensive cars left to purchase so we are bound to run out of expensive cars eventually. :D

Get the Legends list prepared first.
Work on the traffic list as you can. Most of the traffic list is not too expensive, outside the Land Rover. :odd:

And yeah, eventually we will run out of expensive cars I guess. :lol:

but you know I hope to eventually have a classics list with stuff like the Muira Bertone which is pretty pricy.
Someday I'd like to make a list with the historic race cars! But that's a long while down the road, as it'll be awhile before even I can afford most of them!

But also, another thing I have noticed is that I have more cars now to choose from when trying to complete career races. Before I was just having to make do or skip the career races because I didn't have any cars even nearly appropriate. Now I actually have a few options for some of them.

Series 3, Event 3
Tuesday 4 February 2014

1. LongbowX (LongbowX) 54 pts
  2. Phouchg (xNikodemusx) 52 pts
  3. Coreyb (Coreyb_26) 42 pts
  4. amarynceos (amarynceos) 34 pts
  5. ryzno (ryzno) 31 pts
  6. watermelonpunch (wat3rm370n) 29 pts
  7. nomos gamma (nomos_gamma) 28 pts
  8. HusamOne (HusamOne) 28 pts
  9. Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat) 23 pts
  10. DestinKeys* (Destinkeys) 21 pts
  11. Schmiggz (schmiggz) 9 pts

Race #1 @ Fuji GT

IMG_2809.jpg

Race #2 @ Suzuka
IMG_2813.jpg

Race #3 @ Spa-Francorchamps
IMG_2816.jpg

Race #4 @ Monza
IMG_2819.jpg

Race #5 @ Willow Springs Big Willow
IMG_2822.jpg

Race #6 @ Nürburgring 24hrs
IMG_2830.jpg

There was an incident, but appropriate contact concessions were made.

Race #7 @ Brands Hatch GP
IMG_2831.jpg

There was a contact incident. 3 steward reviews, no-fault race incident.

Race #8 @ Circuit de la Sarthe
IMG_2836.jpg

Series 3
Tuesdays
Final Points Standings

1. goldtrophy.gif
    LongbowX (LongbowX) 196 pts
  2. silvertrophy.gif
    KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling) 144 pts
  3. bronzetrophy.gif
    watermelonpunch (wat3rm370n) 125 pts
  4. temuster (temuster) 124 pts
  5. Coreyb (Coreyb_26) 124 pts
  6. Phouchg (xNikodemusx) 122 pts
  7. daddyo845 (daddy-o845) 106 pts
  8. CC570 (cc570) 93 pts
  9. HusamOne (HusamOne) 89 pts
  10. Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat) 86 pts
  11. jackargent (jackargent) 80 pts
  12. amarynceos (amarynceos) 78 pts
  13. ryzno (ryzno) 51 pts
  14. buraspo (buraspo) 49 pts
  15. HONESTGUV (honestguv) 45 pts
  16. Handlebar (HandlebarMustash) 44 pts
  17. GranTurismo916 (atongo619) 40 pts
  18. John Wells (johnwells69) 39 pts
  19. Slalom (slalom823) 31 pts
  20. nomos gamma (nomos_gamma) 28 pts
  21. DestinKeys* (Destinkeys) 21 pts
  22. mightyileven* (mightyileven) 20 pts
  23. Schmiggz (schmiggz) 9 pts

Series 3
Tuesdays
Final Points Standings

1. goldtrophy.gif
    LongbowX (LongbowX) 196 pts
  2. silvertrophy.gif
    KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling) 144 pts
  3. bronzetrophy.gif
    watermelonpunch (wat3rm370n) 125 pts
  4. temuster (temuster) 124 pts
  5. Coreyb (Coreyb_26) 124 pts
  6. Phouchg (xNikodemusx) 122 pts
  7. daddyo845 (daddy-o845) 106 pts
  8. CC570 (cc570) 93 pts
  9. HusamOne (HusamOne) 89 pts
  10. Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat) 86 pts
  11. jackargent (jackargent) 80 pts
  12. amarynceos (amarynceos) 78 pts
  13. ryzno (ryzno) 51 pts
  14. buraspo (buraspo) 49 pts
  15. HONESTGUV (honestguv) 45 pts
  16. Handlebar (HandlebarMustash) 44 pts
  17. GranTurismo916 (atongo619) 40 pts
  18. John Wells (johnwells69) 39 pts
  19. Slalom (slalom823) 31 pts
  20. nomos gamma (nomos_gamma) 28 pts
  21. DestinKeys* (Destinkeys) 21 pts
  22. mightyileven* (mightyileven) 20 pts
  23. Schmiggz (schmiggz) 9 pts
:banghead::banghead:
I guess my sleep at tuesday costs me the title :lol:, maybe :D
and again of course , congrats to @LongbowX 👍👍
and of course @watermelonpunch for a great third place:tup:👍👍

Haha, did better on Tuesday than I thought at the time, stinky driving and all. :yuck: :lol:
Last time I skip breakfast before hopping in the cockpit! 💡

Anyway, I forgot until this evening that the Auto Show in Portland starts tomorrow. It's a family tradition to go on the first day (before the disease vectors bratty half-pints punks beautiful little children clamber all over, breaking things and causing cars to be locked up.) So, I'll be missing tomorrow's races. :( See y'all on track on Friday! :cheers:

Haha, did better on Tuesday than I thought at the time, stinky driving and all. :yuck: :lol:
Last time I skip breakfast before hopping in the cockpit! 💡

Anyway, I forgot until this evening that the Auto Show in Portland starts tomorrow. It's a family tradition to go on the first day (before the disease vectors bratty half-pints punks beautiful little children clamber all over, breaking things and causing cars to be locked up.) So, I'll be missing tomorrow's races. :( See y'all on track on Friday! :cheers:
Did you think we would not read what you crossed out? :lol: Tell me if you see anything interesting. And some pics might not hurt. Sorry if I'm being pushy but I love the car show but I haven't been able to go in years. I don't really know whats going on anymore which really disappoints me. As for the Tuesday series, great racing all. You guys had a very close battle for 3rd place. @LongbowX, congrats for yet another victory. @KingKlingeling, you'll get him next time :D

:lol:
That's part of what I like about this scheme... where points are determined by how many cars race. ^^
You can still be surprised when the points come out. :D

Sometimes I think I did not bad, and my points are terrible. Other times I think I've done horrid, and it turns out that overall, I didn't actually do too badly even though I had a couple of unfortunate races.

The points system certainly adds I think an extra element of interest (& entertainment) to the whole thing.

Especially when someone like Kling sleeps through an entire event and still makes podium. :lol: :scared: :eek: :D

And of course, I like the fact that if I finish a race, it counts for something.
Rather than just giving up... that 1 point to stay in the race, or work to fend off the last place car, is worth some token in the end.

For example, I was very discouraged of course to get the Marcos on Monza. :rolleyes: Certainly an example of bad luck that! :lol:
But I kept going, did my best with the car I had, and Corey had a couple instances of misfortune on Monza... so I finished ahead of him, which gave me 1 more point than him, and so I made the podium for the series instead of Corey.
It can be just one little race where you keep going that makes that difference! :lol:
How fun & surprising is that?!

The First Race Starting Grid Glitch that puts Host Way Back on the Grid

Just putting these photomodes here for reference.

This is where if you have the lobby set to "Practice" (instead of qualifying), and RGO set.
The first race in the lobby, the host is set back on the grid.

This is why we do the "reset race"... if anybody was curious about this.

2013-12-31-makeshiftshufflesarthe00.jpg

2013-12-31-makeshiftshufflesarth01.jpg

2014-gt6-gridglitch00.jpg

2014-gt6-gridglitch01.jpg

2014-gt6-gridglitch02.jpg

As you can see at this "first race of the lobby"... the host (in the red Ford Ka) gets put at position #16 on the starting grid, despite the fact there are only 3 cars entered on the grid. :boggled:

Last edited:
Well it doesn't happen so far since we have the reset races. *cross fingers*

And fyi - you don't have to wait for me in the reset race... because sometimes I just put it on "autopilot" and just use the time to make preparations (in the real world) - like looking at the settings on the agenda, making sure I have everything I need, hooking up the keyboard to the ps3, getting a drink, using the facilities, or chasing cats away or bribing cats with a before-dinner snack so they leave me alone while racing. :lol:

i would suggest you let longbow start like this for the next events :D:tup:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Does everyone who plans on racing FRIDAY have the Legends list compiled??
I would really like to try out the list this week.
But it depends on how many people signed up will be able to have the cars of course... So let me know if you don't have them!

(Please check the OP - 1st post in this thread - for the Legends list.)

Also, I'd like to start getting a head count of how many people think they will NOT be able to collect cars from more lists in the next few weeks.
I'd really like to know if that's the case, because it's not my intention to pressure people into costly purchases & mad credit grinding sessions. :lol:

That said, I'm planning on making a "Affording the Cars Tips" post...
So if anyone has any tips they think I should include... such as career races that pay a lot & don't take buying an expensive car to do them... That sort of thing.

Also - as most of you already know...
MY REAL LIFE SCHEDULE IS CHANGING NEXT WEEK.
So I will be confined to Euro hours on weekends only. :(
I am, however, considering a during the week Americas time zone evenings event. I'd appreciate input from interested parties if they'd be interested in this.

disconnected mid race, sorry I we had contact right before that bowler, I may have been lagging. Had to restart ps3 (beep beep beep) join back in a few minutes.

disconnected mid race, sorry I we had contact right before that bowler, I may have been lagging. Had to restart ps3 (beep beep beep) join back in a few minutes.

I didn't notice anything. The only time we made contact from my point of view was when you were sitting there at Rome and I couldn't miss you, but that wasn't a big deal either.

Did you think we would not read what you crossed out? :lol: Tell me if you see anything interesting. And some pics might not hurt. Sorry if I'm being pushy but I love the car show but I haven't been able to go in years.

Alas, weather intervened -- the snow came in earlier than we expected, so we decided not to travel up the valley to Portland. Many Portlandians lose their little heads at the least sign of snow, and traffic can get crazy stupid in weather like this. :( I was looking forward to getting up close to the C7 (only seen one 'in the wild' so far) and seeing who would win the annual 'how much uglier can we make our cars this year' competition between Ford and Chevy!

Legends tomorrow, eh? Sounds good! 👍

Also, I would be interested in evening racing; I definitely could do any time slot that ended by 7pm PST and perhaps even an hour later.

I saw no lag today in the races.
But I did notice a laggy moment in the beginning of the Tokyo Reverse race.
I'm assuming anything that would've been reported has been reported. I know there were some crashes in the Deep Forest races, but nobody's reported anything, so I'm assuming everything was okay with that, fyi. Just accidental race incidents?

I guess I was in a hurry to post the room # & did that by accident.
Sorry that must've looked strange when people were waiting for the room number! :dunce: :lol:

Or else the kitten did it, I can usually blame him for most things. :lol:

His new thing is to stand on the ps3, and hit the on/off button & shut it down! :rolleyes: :ill:
Hasn't happened while I'm racing & I hope it won't. But he's done it 4 times now. 👎
I think he likes to sit on top of it when it gets all warm. Understandable really, but I don't know what makes him put his paw down on the power button. :boggled: :irked:
Then again, I've always been astonished that all my cats have always learned to use doorknobs. :eek: Or at least try to use them. And the kitten has this battery powered toy that has a button in the middle, and this arm that swings around under a cape. And one night I heard it racket downstairs (after I'd retired to bed) and it took me a moment to realize he learned to turn the thing on himself! :crazy:

But sorry for digressing into a cats topic. :guilty: I guess it could be a "controversial" subject, with the "cats vs. dogs" thing. :lol: :sly: I always forget that because I like dogs too. And well most animals really.

Not spider goats though. I don't like goats and I especially don't like spiders, so that would be a bad combination! :lol: :eek:

Back