Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

Sorry peeps have to retire from todays Event , was stuck at the loading screen cause my disc reader probably died:drool:

But I'm taking the Time to clean it Up , hopefilly till the next Event .

I have to say that mainly the "new" drivers have to read the Part about clean racing ,weaving, blocking, driving side by side and line holding , because I've seen some Dirty and weired moves out there :confused:

Nevermind , enjoy the Event and like Arnie used to say : I'll be back :cheers:

Yeah really great racing tonight! I got such a great feeling when driving the first part if trial mountain, was so impressed by everyones driving and how we could drive so many together without messing it up. :) Of course some mistakes happened after that but it still was great, probably my best racing in GT6 so far.

Sorry for the late start.
Had a tire issue on the highway. :rolleyes:

But great races after all!

Yeah, things get a bit bumpy with not just newcomers, but with mixed model racing and so many cars on a line up of such wild tracks.
Hadn't realized I put so many exciting tracks in one line up. Or maybe at the time I made track choices I thought that was a good idea. :lol:

I saw people giving contact concessions though when collisions occurred.

But as always I encourage everyone to read the RULES & prohibited section before racing!
And to report any incidents where contact concessions were not made but you think they should've been, or things of that nature.

Couldn't get into the replay I wanted to watch one before getting off but having that frozen replay thing again. :rolleyes:

Oh, and who was talking about "race quality"?
Should we set that lower?
Do we know if that really helps?
I don't even know why it says "recommended" & I guess I've just been choosing that.
But maybe I should put it at the next lower or something.
I don't even know what it means. :boggled:

APPENDED EDIT:
The request for any incident reports INCLUDES, as always, ME.
I'm as human as the next driver, and I too could be unaware that I did something wrong.
So don't hesitate to report a driver, even if it's me.
(Just want the new guys to understand that I want to be penalized if I deserve it too.)

Last edited:
Wasn't the conzio that was talking about that? Also I really enjoyed myself but man that wipeout I had on trial mountain was disappointing. I wanted to beat kingklinge soooo bad and I went too fast in the turn before the first tunnel

I just pushed it too hard it's just your so good at this game and I want to beat you so bad. And to be fair I had a better car anyway if you had the lancer you would have destroyed me. I know you say that some of us newcomers need to improve I driving and I feel like that applies to me. It just seems I feel like I'm racing dirtier than people think. I'm not trying to race dirty but I don't know. How do feel about my driving?

I just pushed it too hard it's just your so good at this game and I want to beat you so bad. And to be fair I had a better car anyway if you had the lancer you would have destroyed me. I know you say that some of us newcomers need to improve I driving and I feel like that applies to me. It just seems I feel like I'm racing dirtier than people think. I'm not trying to race dirty but I don't know. How do feel about my driving?

Dont get me wrong , my post was not especially for you !
In a Lobby with 15 People , where 4 or 5 Newcomers included, its totaly normal that it take a few races till everyone knows how to race consistent and drive within a pack !

Wasn't the conzio that was talking about that? Also I really enjoyed myself but man that wipeout I had on trial mountain was disappointing. I wanted to beat kingklinge soooo bad and I went too fast in the turn before the first tunnel
I feel for you mate, don't know how many times I've done that.. pushing and feeling like yes i'm gonna beat that great driver this time and then you run out of talent. :P

Okay I just caught up on the thread. :lol:

First, okay now I'm convinced some people are not reading the OP. :lol: :ouch:
So I'm going to try to re-organize it a little better.
(I originally put it together when I was having trouble adjusting to the new forum software, so I'll take a look at it again.)

Second, in the case something like this happens again.
YES, by all means someone step up to the plate and start racing without me.
I realize nobody was prepared for this, and in 2 years this was probably only the 2nd time I was more than 10 minutes late getting a room up for a scheduled event.
But it's perfectly fine for the regulars, to get things together & get going. 👍
(But hopefully that won't happen again.)
All the relevant details are in the OP & 2nd post, there's no secret host ingredient. :sly:

I had a road trip into upstate New York this morning - originally thought I'd be back around noon or 1pm the latest. Hit torrential rains, fog, had to drive slow for miles. And then a cord came loose unwound from my tire (needing new comforts LOL :ouch:) And so then we had to stop, and then my husband couldn't find something sharp to cut it off. It was making such a racket. So then we had to drive slow to the next exit (which we'd just passed an exit), and borrow a box cutter :rolleyes: from a gas station cashier.
Anyhow, a trip that should've taken 2 hours or less (one way with rest stop - or as they call them in NY "text stops" :rolleyes: - we use them to pee not text, but I guess we're old fashioned lol), well, it wound up being nearly 3 hours. :grumpy:

Anyhoo....

I think it was @LongbowX who said the Skyline was fitting as car #1. :lol:

I think I did a helicopter maneuver earlier in the race when I got smooshed into a wall and my car popped up straight in the air.

You weren't in that race in that video. :boggled:
Were you??? :odd:

RE: standard cars
some of my favourite cars in the game are standards.
Well, unfortunately, too many of the cars are standards. If I limited it to premiums, we'd have no cars to choose from. Certainly not so many in the same ballpark.

I believe several of the Luxury Mixer cars are premium though, fyi.

Ill do my usual pop up unannounced entrance ;)

It's starting to look like for some of the races, peeps might want to reserve a spot!
Pretty full room today, wasn't it!

But drop ins are always welcome, so long as there's room, and they got the cars ready to use.

Also, despite the late start today, I am getting better at keeping the sessions at right around the 2 hour mark.
Took some time for me to really gauge how long things would work, and how to set the laps. But I think I have a better handle on it now.
Also, seemed better with more people ironically. Maybe because more people were checking stuff, and helping each other out. 👍

Also, I think we're all getting the hang of it. So it's much like I suspected. Once we got used to the system, it would get easier & faster to get it together.

I don't think you're any sloppier than me.

That said, I'm a bit sloppy. :guilty: So maybe that isn't such a consolation. :lol:

Just try to reign it in when you think you're getting a bit out of control.
Make the contact concession if you bump by accident.

And really dirty driving is if you're doing it on purpose... or you're just so aggressive that you're reckless, which would not be good either.

Obviously in mixed model racing with so many cars on a track, there will be some bumps. It's not encouraged, but it will happen accidentally at times. Particularly on wild tracks like we were on today.

To never have bumps, we'd have to all drive around like we have a pregnant woman in the car and like there are grandmas holding babies at every apex curb. :boggled:
You don't have to drive like your grandma is holding your baby niece at the corners... Just try to drive like your mother is watching and would worry and judge you. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:sly:

You are being honest though right? I want to know what you think and I don't want you to sugarcoat it.
You'd just get a plain old bland unsweetened penalty, like the rest of us humans who screw up once in awhile. ;)

I screwed up Longbow at the last corner at Rome. I conceded the spot, but knocked him way down.

Yeah well it was great for me! :lol:
Also, my husband was watching. And I was really determined.
I didn't want to hear any comments like "But you had the better car!" :lol: :rolleyes:
But immediately of course he said, "Handlebar did you a favour there."
But I think I had a chance at winning even so. :grumpy:

I feel for you mate, don't know how many times I've done that.. pushing and feeling like yes i'm gonna beat that great driver this time and then you run out of talent. :P

:lol:

Yes!
Like Longbowx in that darn Marcos!! :mad:
It's unnatural how fast he can be in that car!!

But that's the thing, just because you have a better car... You still have to make it drive, after all.
There's no such thing as someone "ONLY" won because they had one of the better cars in the list. No matter if you get the best car in the list, and the best track for it... you still are left to drive it.
And sometimes, it just doesn't work out.

I didn't think the skyline was all that bad. The one time I had it, I had driven from last to 7th coming out of the tunnel at Trial Mtn. My hopes were dashed at that point by someone from behind and the next thing I saw was the side of the mountain.

All I know is that the biggest tragedy is if you get the Cosmo on a flat track. :ill:
It's a wonderful car seemingly everywhere else. On flat tracks, it's like a stinkeroo spinner.
Thankfully it hasn't happened to me, but I keep seeing it in my rearview and thinking - Ah!! poor sap!! :lol:

Anyhow, I couldn't get into the 2 races I wanted to review, because of the darn replay freeze problem.
Then I had to go grocery shopping, and deal with an understeering shopping trolly with cat litter ballasting the front.
I may not have a chance to review the replays until tomorrow night or Monday morning, so I'm sorry I'm going to hold the results until that time, just to be sure.
(Frankly, one of the races I'm planning on reviewing myself, because I just recall feeling like I was a bit aggressive, so I want to be sure that I'm fair in critique, as a good example, after all.)

Wow what a ridiculous journey. My dad works for the New York department of transportation and he hates some of the things the government has him and his guys do. He wasn't really thrilled when they started calling rest stops text stops. It's like saying the only thing you can do their is text. It's all part of this stupid don't text and drive campaign. I just think its stupid because it really is just dumb to text and drive and you would think people would be smart enough to not do it. I also have to say I just think its ridiculous how fast you can drive that Marcos. I'm looking forward to that shuffle on Tuesday with two different sets of cars.

I considered hosting, but I didn't think I was up to it. I did have the tracks written down, but not the laps. And I didn't think I could handle newcomers and such with the appropriate info link. Besides, I used to time to let my Sis take a whirl at racing. :lol:

I didn't know they re-named the stops. I'm sure I'll see it when I visit sometime this year. Sorry for the tire hell you had to endure of course...

It was I who suggested the Skyline. And some are right...it can do not bad if the track is fast enough. But it definitely doesn't handle well. I've seen it finish last enough times to know that it probably is the worst.

As for the race at Rome...I would have gotten a decent run off the last corner if not for the contact but I don't think the Lancer was fast enough to catch you. And it's not a very long run to line. You earned it.

I do like the Marcos because it's a challenge to get the most out it in the corners. I will say...most of the time I'm not racing 100% (more due to the fact I find dedicated league races not as fun as more relaxed ones), but the Marcos brings it out more. And during that last twisty section of the Nurburgring 24hr race...that was absolutely 100% there when I caught up. I touched the outside grass and held on to make a pass on the outside. It was wild but...wow. So much fun.

...And the OP looks good but I only looked it over quickly.

Last edited:
vintagecarsphototravelronda01.jpg

Oh, and who was talking about "race quality"?
Should we set that lower?
Do we know if that really helps?
I don't even know why it says "recommended" & I guess I've just been choosing that.
But maybe I should put it at the next lower or something.
I don't even know what it means. :boggled:

I was talking about that :D
What it means is;
Higher race quality = Better graphics but weaker connection (for everyone)
Lower race quality = Lower graphics but better connection (for everyone)

Back