Mmm, this is strange

  • Thread starter Thread starter -Fred-
  • 22 comments
  • 839 views

-Fred-

This is a custom title
Staff Emeritus
Messages
25,554
Canada
Somewhere.
I was browsing through the Japanese GT3 website, and looking at the list of cars, i came across a somewhat strange find.

Check the attached shot, it shows the list for Alfa Romeo dealer, in the Japanese game.

Where the hell does that 2000 Alfa 156 Superturismo comes from? anyone seen it, and why isn't it in our GT3 ?
 

Attachments

  • strange.jpg
    strange.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 146
You're right...that is strange. Are there any pictures of the car? Maybe it was planned very early but they didn't include it later, or possibly it's a hidden car.
 
Whenever I look at the name of that Alfa 156 V6 24V I always thinks it's 24 Volts. :lol: Not 24 valves.
 
Someones gotta look into this. I cant believe there aren't more Japanese citizens as members here at GTPlanet.net!!
 
I just wish there was a way to search GTP by country.
 
vicjohn is from asia, so i think he might be able to help, but he is hardly here anymore...:|
 
hi, i'm a noob here, first post, and heres a picture of that car:

alfacomp_p.jpg


its got a 2.0L I4 but i'm not sure the horses, it looks messed, but it would be another of those nice aditions to the game that we didn't get
 
that's a 147, not a 156.
 
Originally posted by incubusnb
hi, i'm a noob here, first post, and heres a picture of that car:

alfacomp_p.jpg


its got a 2.0L I4 but i'm not sure the horses, it looks messed, but it would be another of those nice aditions to the game that we didn't get

I am 100% sure you are wrong. The car you posted is an Alfa 147 not a 156. The 147 is the same size/class as an Audi A3 while the 156 is with the A4s and 3 series etc.
 
Alfa Romeos ;) Welcome to GTP, by the way. :)
 
Look what I found:
image2110.jpg


The car is mentioned in every car list for GT3, no matter what country, but it is in none of the versions I've seen.
 
That's one of the European Touring Car class Alfa 156s.
 
Yes it is, and it's called: Alfa Romeo 156 Super Turismo AND it's from 2000, so I guess this is what PD wanted in their game.
 
Hey there peope,

I've been reading the boards here for about a month now, and now I think I can find something useful I can do..!!!.. I live in Hong Kong and have the Japanese version of the game at home, though I haven't played it that much (I don't read japanese, so things get a bit guess-work-ey at times)... I'm playing the greatest hits (american) version since I managed to get hold of that one.

If the alfa is a hidden car, I probably haven't won it yet... but if it's in the basic version, I will find it...

let you know tomorrow.

Sailinghome.;)
 
Originally posted by PunkRock
I was browsing through the Japanese GT3 website, and looking at the list of cars, i came across a somewhat strange find.

Check the attached shot, it shows the list for Alfa Romeo dealer, in the Japanese game.

Where the hell does that 2000 Alfa 156 Superturismo comes from? anyone seen it, and why isn't it in our GT3 ?


No offence to the Japanese or anything, but usually the like to be bastards and keep the good SHlT for themselves.

Its a very common action with games going to other countries.
Much like the Pal and NCTP (or something) versions of games.
 
I like that shiny red alfa that HRT_maloo psted!
 
Well, I can honestly say that it's not there in the original set of cars,:confused: but it might be that you can win it later..??
 
I still reckon that it wasn't even included at all, and the dudes at Sony mixed it up with the GT2 Alfa Romeo Touring Car.
 
Back