Mobil 1 Rally Championship

• Thread starter Tom M
  • 0 comments
Well it seems as though all of us have gone rally crazy for the last few days/weeks.
For me it was Rallisport Challenge on the Xbox that did it, and now I want more and more....
To quench my thirst I've bought (and borrowed) various games of late including: WRC(PS2), Rally Trophy(PC), Master Rallye(PC), Colin McRae2.0(PC), and Mobil 1 Rally Championship.
While Rally Trophy has the best graphics, and CM2.0 has good graphics, and is an exellent game, I have to give my official nod to Mobil 1 Rally Championship.
The graphics are on par with CM2.0, and the cars even look a little bit better IMO, although CM2.0 has better damage modeling, and better particle effects.
But here's the thing....
M1RC has variable time of day racing (better not lose your headlights in a night stage in the middle of the forest ;))
The handling is on Par with CM2.0 and at times is better than (and in a few instances, not quite as good as) CM2.0.
Where the game truly shines is in the stages. One of the biggest complaints I have about Rally games is that the stages are short (between 2-5 minutes) M1RC blows that out of the water with 20-30 minute stages. (And it does this without compromising variety and graphical quality) Although several stages are shorter (still at least as long as other games) the vast majority will take anywhere from 15-20 minutes+ (some close to the 30 minute mark)
I haven't tackled Rally Trophy yet (Played it a little, but didn't dive in) so I don't know how that one stacks up, but it will be fairly difficult to beat M1CR. :)

Latest Posts

Back