Mobile browser pop-up

• Thread starter Johnny1996
  • 18 comments
United States
United States
GTP_Johnny1996
I truly don't know if this is anything of concern or not, but lately I've been getting this message every now and again. I've only seen it here on GTP and this is the third, maybe fourth time it's shown up. I'd click the Ok myself and try to find out, but I'd much rather not have it to be a threat and end up messing something up that can't be fixed.

Screenshot_20170716-020004.png

The "embedded page on this webpage" line is the giveaway that this is being loaded through an advertisement. That should never happen, and it's not good, but it's not a "threat", so long as you don't download whatever crap software it is promoting. I'll look into tracking it down and disabling it.

The "embedded page on this webpage" line is the giveaway that this is being loaded through an advertisement. That should never happen, and it's not good, but it's not a "threat", so long as you don't download whatever crap software it is promoting. I'll look into tracking it down and disabling it.
Okay, thank you Jordan. Much appreciated as always. :cheers:

Almost exactly like the Microsoft messages from last year.

Slight update: I haven't had any further issues since I made this thread until minutes ago in the Funny Pic Thread (page 1425). Same thing as Smufybug above.

This whole thing started until either just before or just after the site update by a day or two.

Screenshot_20170724-150043.png

I get this nearly every time I refresh the main forum page. Also just got it clicking into this thread.

I still am getting it. It happens just after the ads are loaded.
To clarify, you're seeing the Flash Player message?

This is an odd situation, as I can't find any references or complaints about these specific messages anywhere else, as would be typical if a "rogue ad" like this is inserting itself into a bunch of sites. This makes me suspect it's a legitimate (if errant) message that is affecting a subset of our Android users...

What happens if you click the "OK" button? Are you directed to another webpage, and if so, what is it?

Just clicked the alerts icon and it came up again, same as above with the flash player, but I hit Cancel before coming here.

Next time it comes up assuming there is a next time I'll see where the Okay button leads and report back, but unless you/Jordan say(s) otherwise I'll wait until the pop up is for something other than flash player.

I truly don't know if this is anything of concern or not, but lately I've been getting this message every now and again. I've only seen it here on GTP and this is the third, maybe fourth time it's shown up. I'd click the Ok myself and try to find out, but I'd much rather not have it to be a threat and end up messing something up that can't be fixed.

View attachment 660585

I'm was getting this in Firefox on Ubuntu and Chrome on Windows (two separate installations of the latter). Haven't seen it today though (that I recall).

I'm sorry that I have to bump this thread, but I feel as though I need to mention this. For some time now, I haven't had the box pop up at all... until now. And it's a little worse than last time.

It's still the same popup for the flash player (so far) for the most part. I'm on the same browser and everything save for a phone software update since the last issue and the text says much the same thing as it previously did. However now there is no "cancel" button, only the "ok" button. If I click somewhere on the screen away from the box nothing happens. If I click the back button, as soon as the previous page I was on starts to load, I get automatically taken to the Play store for the same FLV Player page as posted in the reply before my last post. This has happened twice in the past three days so I don't believe it's as frequent this time around, at least not as I type this.

Same here. It started last night for me, and I have seen it 3 or 4 times. No cancel button, forcing me onto the play store for the FLV player.

Back