Mobile Phone Screen Freeze

Silver_Wolf

Nice! Let's do it again when you level up!
Premium
Scotland
Dundee, Scotland
Hello everyone!

Well technology is great when it works but when you get hit with multiple problems at once it can be so infurating!

Problem:

I have a Samsung S7 phone which up until yesterday was working perfectly fine but this is where the problem begins.

My screen is currently frozen on my 'lock screen' wallpaper so I literrally cannot do anything with the phone, so when I press the button to activate the display I see the wallpaper but no phone information at all or clock, the phone did have a game running in the background when I put it down yesterday Touhou Lost Word and when I 'unlocked it' last I could hear the game music for a few seconds and then it stuck on my screen the picture of Yomiya that I have.

Now I get no responses at all and I have discovered my Volume 'Up' key has got stuck in which was a problem I was able to work around before but now I think it's interfering with the reset process as the screen does not do any fatcory resets at all.

Had to bring it home from the shop because whilst most of my 'content' is on my SD Micro card I'm not sure if any personal photo's on the internal storage so I wanted to copy stuff off or at least check on the PC before the shop does a full reset.

How To:

I thought I would still be able to access the phone from the PC but no joy as it's not showing on the PC so anyway to work around this.

Second is there any way I can force a battery drain as the shop want it to be 'off' for doing a reset but it seems I can't get the battery to drain or how long will it take with the screen always being in the 'power saving' mode.

If anyone has any suggestions or tips I'd as ever appreciate, sorry I am such a noob when it comes to technology issues!

Back