Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • if not gt 1&2, a mobile release period

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
United States
United States
I recently had a thought while playing gt1 on a mobile emulator; why doesn't polyphony digital release an updated version of the first 2 games as mobile games? Update everything to about gt3 quality (or get as close to real racing 3 as possible) while leaving the original content intact! Maybe a different UI. Also, actually making the 'hidden' cars a thing instead of, you know, leaving them hidden. Am i alone in this i wonder?

It would be nigh on impossible to re-license all of the content unfortunately. Brands like TVR, Vector and Venturi don't even exist in their original forms any more.

It would be nigh on impossible to re-license all of the content unfortunately. Brands like TVR, Vector and Venturi don't even exist in their original forms any more.
That makes sense i suppose.. Though i thought you only needed licensing to sell a game.. Do you still need to license cars in a game if it's free? If that's still an issue, i have another idea that might be a solution.

i thought you only needed licensing to sell a game.. Do you still need to license cars in a game if it's free?

Yes, copyright still applies. You legally can't use someone else's property without permission, outside of limited uses such as parody or commentary. If this wasn't the case, anyone could make a freeware mobile game and name it 'Gran Turismo 7', which obviously isn't going to work.

I never implied I'd be the one to release it. I meant if polyphony digital were to release a mobile game themselves, for free, they'd still face copyright? Granted, your previous reply already answered this question. If we cannot see an exact re-release of the first gt's, any mobile release would be welcome, I feel.

Latest Posts

Back