[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,789 comments
The Venturi 300 as it stands ingame is somewhat broken - it will be getting minimal changes in the Light version and somewhat heavier changes in the Complete version, both in pursuit of accuracy to the real car.

If it was accurately representing a 300 Biturbo however, it would be better for making power than the 400GT as the 300 Biturbo ran the modern L7X 24-valve V6 rather than the oldschool PRV 12-valve in all previous MVS / Venturis.

Also, another case of incorrect-to-real-life horsepower I've remembered about.

The ingame R33 Drag has around 1000 hp, but in reality it had 1300
EDIT: Oh and as well as that, the GT500 cars, atleast the Skylines, aren't 4WD IRL due to the actual regulations, where they should be FR instead.
The 600-700 hp though is apparently legit due to qualifying spec being used as the basis for them in 2, just that the later GT games used their actual-race specifications.
I'd also low-key want the RUFs that had strings for RMs for them in the demo, atleast out of the RUFs that still exist in this game, to get RMs here, but that would involve making designs for them so they won't happen

Last edited:
Amazing work by everyone involved! Sadly I only have the NTSC disc and even then looking at the zip file I would have no idea how to incorporate the update :lol: PD should take your work and re-release GT2 "Ultimate Edition" on PSN 👍

On the subject of Escudo being OP - all it needs is harder suspension and slicks and I see no reason why it can't outperform all other cars in the game (the Toyota GT-One Road Car with Stage 4 turbo came close IIRC). The only mistake PD made is that its top speed is too high (that huge wing creates wayyyy more drag). They fixed this in later games - it barely reaches 300 km/h instead of the 350+ km/h in GT2.

Go to 3:51 for Peugeot Pikes Peak run - basically the modern version of Escudo. The only cars faster are Formula cars and Group C.

That V10 McLaren F1 at the end... i miss the V10s..

Anyways, yes I agree. To nerf the escudo we'd have to reduce it's base gear lengths and add some of the lag it should have. However, adding more downforce is unfortunately not viable in GT2 (though possible) as it would make the car even better at cornering, and would also break high speed physics in the game (could cause some "wheelie" issues) so whatever adjustments we could do to it are fairly limited.

The ingame R33 Drag has around 1000 hp, but in reality it had 1300
EDIT: Oh and as well as that, the GT500 cars, atleast the Skylines, aren't 4WD IRL due to the actual regulations, where they should be FR instead.
The 600-700 hp though is apparently legit due to qualifying spec being used as the basis for them in 2, just that the later GT games used their actual-race specifications.
I'd also low-key want the RUFs that had strings for RMs for them in the demo, atleast out of the RUFs that still exist in this game, to get RMs here, but that would involve making designs for them so they won't happen

The HKS R33 wasn't running 7s in 1998, the spec in GT2 is as it used to run under the Japanese drag racing regulations. The 1300ps estimate was for the final 2.8 litre engine build circa 2001, when they also stripped out a lot of weight and made a few sub-8 passes including the 7.67 that stood as the 4WD record until 2006, but were no longer legal for competition.

The GT500 Skylines are on the list - I'm not sure which year they switched over to RWD but it was certainly before 1997.

Ruf RMs are just a case of someone having the artistic talent to paint one, the only limitation is that advanced model editing is not possible yet so you're stuck with the roadcar shape and texture mapping.

Amazing work by everyone involved! Sadly I only have the NTSC disc

I will be supporting other releases down the line, the initial release is PAL only because PAL has the most content and the least bugs, and because more is still being added. Once things are more stable there'll eventually be a patch for any genuine retail version of GT2.

Ruf RMs are just a case of someone having the artistic talent to paint one, the only limitation is that advanced model editing is not possible yet so you're stuck with the roadcar shape and texture mapping.

I think of the Ruf cars in the game, the CTR2 Sport, RCT and BTR2 '95 would be among the best candidates for RM treatment and could be done without any kind of model editing.

Still, I'm impressed with the kind of changes this mod is making. I can't wait to try it for myself when the NTSC (?) version becomes available.

I think of the Ruf cars in the game, the CTR2 Sport, RCT and BTR2 '95 would be among the best candidates for RM treatment and could be done without any kind of model editing.
Your guesses are 2/5ths right according to TCRF's data on GT2's proto car strings
https://tcrf.net/Proto:Gran_Turismo_2/Removed_%26_Prototype_Cars
  • [R] RUF BTR2
  • [R] RUF BTR4
  • [R] RUF CTR2
  • [R] RUF Turbo R
  • [R] RUF CTR
But the BTR4 is a 964-based RUF that was cut from the final version so might as well consider it as the RCT instead :lol:
And yes i count the CTR2 and the CTR2 Sport as more or less the same, and atleast one could easily have the CTR2 Pikes Peak livery/liveries, but i think the rest would have to be either fictional or Porsche-based like this one here from JGTC

That V10 McLaren F1 at the end... i miss the V10s..

Anyways, yes I agree. To nerf the escudo we'd have to reduce it's base gear lengths and add some of the lag it should have. However, adding more downforce is unfortunately not viable in GT2 (though possible) as it would make the car even better at cornering, and would also break high speed physics in the game (could cause some "wheelie" issues) so whatever adjustments we could do to it are fairly limited.

Yeah unfortunately GT2 doesn't simulate increased drag with increased downforce all that well. In fact this still is a problem up until GT5! Some things just never change with PD...

I forgot about turbo lag as well. It's weird because turbo lag is definitely present in GT1, but it's gone from GT2-GT5 (again). We can sort of simulate it by making 1st and 2nd gears very long, but it's still not the same.

The wheelie trick only comes into play if you have max rear and min front DF, and jack the suspension all the way to the front. If it's max front & rear it's not a problem.

I will be supporting other releases down the line, the initial release is PAL only because PAL has the most content and the least bugs, and because more is still being added. Once things are more stable there'll eventually be a patch for any genuine retail version of GT2.

I'll be looking forward to that 👍 Probably post a tutorial in OP as well how to add the patch to the game? Or is this going into AUP grey area territory?

Adding the lag won't be a problem, we have access to the powerband values so we can directly add it in ^^ but yeah, drag is the problem. Also don't forget GT6 in which cars are even quicker than GT5. xD

I'll be looking forward to that 👍 Probably post a tutorial in OP as well how to add the patch to the game? Or is this going into AUP grey area territory?

I'm avoiding posting anything contentious like installation instructions, but I deliberately chose a common patching tool that's easy to use with a lot of documentation out there (xdelta). The readme has a bit more detail though.

Another silly bit I've remembered, with RUFs, No nothing to do with RMs don't worry, The BTR Type I ends up with better specs when tuned in both weight and hp than both the BTR Type II and the CTR
Heck, from my experience you can take a Type I to All Stars and still win if you manage to keep it in control

EDIT: To prevent double posting, another oddity I've found, this time a massive typo in atleast the Spanish portion of the PAL GT2
unknown.png

Carisma Evo V? That doesn't exist :odd:, even in certain Euro markets it was just "Carisma GT", and not to mention that the actual carnames in the game for the Lancers still remain as Lancer
This is present for every mention of the Lancer whenever it's an opponent for a rally race

Last edited:
Finally got the next release together - the first post is now updated with a link to alpha 3. Along with plenty of new bugfixes in the Light version, the process of restoring content from Gran Turismo 1 has begun:

gt2plus-7.png

Below are the changes since the previous release, and the changelogs in the first post have been updated too.

- Colours
Castrol Supra GT: Fixed thumbnail colour.
Subaru Impreza 22B STi Version: Colour correction (by Submaniac93).
Subaru Impreza Rally Car '99: Colour correction (by Submaniac93).

- Models / Textures
Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 V6 24V: Fixed off-centre bodyshell.
Chevrolet Camaro SS '97: Fixed UV mapping errors on taillights, including gaps.
Chevrolet Camaro SS '97 RM: Fixed UV mapping errors on taillights, including gaps.
Chrysler Viper GTS-R Team Oreca: Fixed flipped exhaust.
Dodge Concept Car: Fixed texture error on rear deck.
Dodge Concept Car RM: Fixed texture error on rear deck.
Dodge Concept Car LM Edition: Fixed texture error on rear deck.
Dodge Neon ACR RM: Corrected bodyshell from 2-door to 4-door (by B_Rad88).
Dodge Phaeton: Fixed headlight transparency and taillight palettes.
Honda Civic Ferio '96 RM: Fixed texture error in rear wheel opening.
Honda Civic Ferio '98: Fixed gap in exhaust.
Honda Civic Ferio '98 RM: Fixed texture error in rear wheel opening and gap in exhaust.
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Collezione: Fixed exhaust masking.
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evo: Fixed exhaust masking.
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evo RM: Fixed exhaust masking.
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Rally Car: Fixed exhaust masking.
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV GSR RM: Fixed missing livery patch on left side.
Nissan Skyline GT-R 4-Door RM: Fixed transparent patches around windscreen (unused body).
Opel Vectra RM: Fixed exhaust position (by Submaniac93).
Peugeot 306 S16: Fixed exhaust masking.
Plymouth PT Spyder: Removed chrome from A-pillars.
Renault Megane, night: Fixed missing third brake light.
Suzuki Alto Works RS/Z '98 RM: Fixed black paint around headlights.
Tommykaira ZZ-S: Fixed bodywork hole around exhaust.
Toyota GT-ONE Road Version, night: Fixed leftover livery around headlights.
Vauxhall Vectra RM: Fixed exhaust position (by Submaniac93).
Volkswagen Lupo RM: Fixed incorrect palette on windscreen.

- Text
Chevrolet Corvette '82: Removed Stingray name that was not used after 1976.
Renault Espace F1: Fixed replay name.
Suzuki Cappuccino: Fixed 'Capcino' abbreviation in menus.

- Stats
BMW 528i: Fixed engine stats.
Chevrolet Corvette '82: Fixed engine stats.
Dodge Stratus ES: Fixed engine stats.
Honda Accord SiR '96: Fixed engine stats.
Honda Accord Wagon SiR '96: Fixed engine stats.
Renault Laguna V6: Corrected engine from I4 to V6.
Subaru Impreza WRX '94: Corrected height.

- Upgrades / Physics
BMW 528i: Corrected engine power from 142PS to 142kW (190PS).
Chevrolet Corvette '82: Corrected engine power from 230BHP to 200BHP, corrected redline, corrected stock gearing.
Dodge Stratus ES: Corrected engine power and torque curves, from 104PS / 17.2kgm to 163PS / 22.5kgm, and corrected engine redline. Adjusted turbo kits to compensate for increased base power.
Ford Mustang GT '98: Corrected engine power from 207BHP to 225BHP.
Ford Mustang GT '99: Corrected engine power from 207BHP to 260BHP.
HKS R33 Drag: Corrected tyre sizes from HKS 180SX skinny fronts / wide rears to 10.5" slicks on all four corners.
Honda Accord SiR '96: Corrected weight from 1490kg to 1290kg.
Honda Accord Wagon SiR '96: Added missing NA Tune stage 3 and adjusted 1 and 2 to match the saloon.
Honda Civic Ferio '93: Added missing turbo kits from hatchback version, fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Honda Civic Ferio '96: Added missing turbo kits from hatchback version, fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Honda Civic Ferio '98: Added missing turbo kits from hatchback version.
Honda Civic SiR-II '93: Fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Honda Civic SiR-II '95: Fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Honda CR-X del sol VXi '92: Fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Honda CR-X del sol SiR '92: Fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Honda CR-X SiR '91: Fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Honda Integra SiR-G '95: Fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Honda Integra Type R '95: Fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Honda NSX: Fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Honda NSX '90: Fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Honda Prelude Si '91: Fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Honda Prelude Si VTEC '91: Fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Honda Prelude SiR '96: Fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Honda Prelude Type-S '96: Fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V Rally Car (alternate livery): Removed duplicate LSD.
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI Rally Car: Removed duplicate LSD.
Subaru Impreza WRX '94: Corrected engine power and torque to 260PS / 31.5kgm (swapped with '94 WRX Wagon), corrected weight.
Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon '94: Corrected engine power and torque to 220PS / 28.5kgm (swapped with '94 WRX).
Subaru Impreza WRX STi Ver.VI typeRA: Corrected engine power multiplier to match the base and typeR versions.

- Events
German Nationals race 1: Removed BMW 528i opponent as it now has much more power than the other opponents.
German Nationals race 2: Added BMW 528i opponent with 248PS and Sports tyres.
Manufacturer - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution: The Mine's Lancer Evolution V can now be entered.
Manufacturer - Nissan Skyline R34: The Mine's R34 Skyline GT-R and Tommykaira R '99 can now be entered.
Manufacturer - Toyota Celica (Racing): The Weds Sport Celica GT can now be entered.
Manufacturer - Toyota MR-S: The Toyota MR-S Motor Show Version can now be entered.

All updates from the Light version, plus:

- Colours
Castrol Supra GT: Restored white / blue, black / green and black / blue colours from GT1.
Ford GT90: Restored several cut colours.
Lister Storm: Restored several cut colours.
Mazda RX-7 A-Spec LM Edition: Restored purple colour from GT1 pre-releases.
Mazda RX-7 infini III RM: Restored black colour from GT1 pre-releases.
Mercedes-Benz E 55 AMG: Restored several cut colours.
Mitsubishi GTO LM Edition: Restored silver colour from GT1 pre-releases.
Mitsubishi Mirage Cyborg R '92 RM: Restored peach colour from GT1 pre-releases.
Nissan Pulsar GTi-R RM: Restored green colour.
Peugeot 306 S16 RM: Fixed low-detail model for restored red colour.
Plymouth Pronto Spyder: Restored several cut colours.
TVR Cerbera 4.2 RM: Restored silver colour.
TVR Cerbera LM Edition: Added green colour based on GT1 Cerbera LM.
TVR Cerbera Speed 6 RM: Restored silver colour.
Vector M12: Restored silver colour.
Vector W8 Twin Turbo: Restored several cut colours.

- Models / Textures
Nissan Primera 2.0Te '90 RM: Restored Impul and Nismo logos.
Nissan Pulsar GTi-R RM: Restored Nismo banner from GT1.
Nissan Skyline GTS-R RM: Restored Impul logos.

- Cars
Toyota Supra RZ '97 [Special Colour]: Added car, based on GT1 version.

- Events
Secret: Added Toyota Supra RZ '97 [Special Colour] as prize car.

Keep up the good work, that's a great idea to patch this fantastic game :cheers:

EDIT: To prevent double posting, another oddity I've found, this time a massive typo in atleast the Spanish portion of the PAL GT2
Carisma Evo V? That doesn't exist :odd:, even in certain Euro markets it was just "Carisma GT", and not to mention that the actual carnames in the game for the Lancers still remain as Lancer
This is present for every mention of the Lancer whenever it's an opponent for a rally race

There are similar translation and spelling errors in the Italian version such as "frofessionale" (when actually is "professionale", meaning "professional")but hey, it's a ps2 game and italian versions of games were not as common as today :D

Hi, I'd love to play, tell me how to install please
If you have the PAL sim disc, you can extract the iso and patch it with a simple program you can find on internet (with xdelta).
Other versions of the game don't work, so keep that in mind.
Hope this helps.

Quick question: if I patch over the older version of the mod, will I have to start the game over, or will my save file be safe?

I believe you may have issues using saves from alpha 2 - as far as I've investigated, the game saves only a reference to which parts out of the entire list are equipped to each of your cars, rather than the specific part. For example, a Skyline GT-R with the stock turbo kit may be turbo kit number 800 out of the whole list of turbo kits, and after switching to alpha 3 (which adds missing Honda Civic turbo kits), the stock turbo kit for the GT-R may now actually be turbo kit number 810. The car in your garage would then be using the incorrect turbo kit (#800, whatever that actually is now) and making more or less power than it's meant to be.

Turbo kits aren't too harmful as you can probably install then uninstall an upgrade to fix it, but in the Complete version the added Supra means that anything further down the car list will be using the wrong engine entirely, along with every other stock part.

If you have the PAL sim disc, you can extract the iso and patch it with a simple program you can find on internet (with xdelta).
Other versions of the game don't work, so keep that in mind.
Hope this helps.

Can I link to the program please?

Just google the name, it's really not hard to find. We won't risk the banhammer. It was already complicated to know if we could even open a modding thread without being banned right away, so if you want to use the mods, you're gonna have to learn the basics, and even tha we can't explain because tutorials on how to hack the game are forbidden.

Seeing a 2018 Thread about GT2 mods made me really happy! I just had to register here and ask the ultimate question.

Is it possible to remove the rubber Banding in Simulation Mode?? It seems to have an option in Arcade Mode.
I think i would give the game an incredible realism upgrade and a lot of fun racing Type Rs with 323 Sedans xD

Also, but i guess even more unrealistic, would it be possible to add KI cars to 2-player mode? Would be awesome^1000

Thanks for your work so far

Welcome! :D
Removing the rubberbanding should be possible by editing each race event. I think we've found where events are, but have yet to really do anything with it. I'm sure in due time we'll have some kind of editing programs that will let us change those settings :)

GT2 modding is still in the early stages, but progress is being made at a reasonable pace.

"KI" cars? Do you mean Kei? Right now, Arcade hasn't been touched at all, though it is planned down the line, so no promises on that yet. A workaround would be to buy the cars in sim and load the garage in 2P.
And if you meant AIs, then I also have no idea if it's possible. We'll see~

Hi, I have a problem. I correctly patched the game and for some reason when I try to play it on my PSP (with a proper EBOOT conversion) the game crashes and the console too. Even without loading my old savegame the game crash when I go to my Garage or a dealership.

Is the base game PAL? Because that patch won't work on other releases right now.
We haven't tested it on a psp so we can't be sure it'll run on that. I think we've had someone on Vita being able to play it. But yeah...

Is the base game PAL? Because that patch won't work on other releases right now.
We haven't tested it on a psp so we can't be sure it'll run on that. I think we've had someone on Vita being able to play it. But yeah...
Yeah, I patched the PAL GT Mode Disc. An then I converted into EBOOT.PBP for play on a PSP 2000 Slim.

Gran Turismo 2 plus is an unofficial bugfix and update for Gran Turismo 2. Two versions are provided:

Light - This is solely fixes for outstanding bugs in the game.
Complete - This restores cut content and adds new content in the style of the base game, as well as including all fixes from the Light version.

Expand any of the spoiler tags below for further information on the mod, or see the included readme file.

Restored cut racing modifications:
gt2plus-1.png

Fixed opponent bugs:
gt2plus-2.png

Restored cut car colours:
gt2plus-3.png

New car colours:
gt2plus-4.png

Restored liveries:
gt2plus-5.png

Fixed car stats and physics:
gt2plus-6.png

Restored content from Gran Turismo 1:
gt2plus-7.png

-- Bugs
- Audio
Mazdaspeed Demio A-spec: Fixed missing engine sounds with turbo kit fitted.

- Colours
BP Apex Kraft Trueno: Fixed blank thumbnail.
Castrol Supra GT: Fixed thumbnail colour.
Castrol Tom's Supra '99: Fixed blank thumbnail.
Denso Sard Supra: Fixed blank thumbnail.
Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca: Fixed blank thumbnail.
Dodge Viper RT/10: Fixed palette error on non-striped colours.
Honda Civic Ferio SiR '93 RM: Fixed green thumbnails.
Nismo GT-R LM Road Car: Fixed blank thumbnail.
Nismo GT-R LM Road Car RM: Fixed purple thumbnails.
Nissan R390 GT1 '98: Fixed blank thumbnail.
Nissan Sunny VZ-R RM: Fixed blank thumbnails.
Opel Calibra Touring Car: Fixed blank thumbnail.
Raybrig NSX: Fixed blank thumbnail.
RE Amemiya Matsukiyo RX-7: Fixed blank thumbnail.
Subaru Impreza 22B STi Version: Colour correction (by Submaniac93).
Subaru Impreza Rally Car '99: Colour correction (by Submaniac93).
Suzuki Cultus Pikes Peak Version: Fixed blank thumbnail.
Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak Version: Fixed blank thumbnail.
Toyota Chaser Tourer S '96 RM: Fixed blank thumbnails.
Toyota Chaser Tourer V '96 RM: Fixed blank thumbnails.
Toyota Corolla Levin '85 RM: Fixed blank thumbnails.
Toyota Exiv 200GT RM: Fixed blank thumbnails.
Toyota GT-ONE Road Version: Fixed blank thumbnail.
Toyota GT-ONE '98: Fixed blank thumbnail.
Toyota GT-ONE '98 (US): Fixed blank thumbnail.
Toyota GT-ONE '99: Fixed blank thumbnail.
Toyota GT-ONE '99 (US): Fixed blank thumbnail.
Toyota Trueno BZG '96 RM: Fixed blank thumbnails.
Vauxhall Calibra Touring Car: Fixed blank thumbnail.
Weds Sport Celica: Fixed blank thumbnail.

- Models / Textures
Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 V6 24V: Fixed off-centre bodyshell.
Audi S4 RM, night: Fixed corrupted textures.
Chevrolet Camaro SS '97: Fixed UV mapping errors on taillights, including gaps.
Chevrolet Camaro SS '97 RM: Fixed UV mapping errors on taillights, including gaps.
Chrysler Viper GTS-R Team Oreca: Fixed flipped exhaust.
Dodge Concept Car: Fixed texture error on rear deck.
Dodge Concept Car RM: Fixed texture error on rear deck.
Dodge Concept Car LM Edition: Fixed texture error on rear deck.
Dodge Neon ACR RM: Corrected bodyshell from 2-door to 4-door (by B_Rad88).
Dodge Phaeton: Fixed headlight transparency and taillight palettes.
Honda Civic Ferio '96 RM: Fixed texture error in rear wheel opening.
Honda Civic Ferio '98: Fixed gap in exhaust.
Honda Civic Ferio '98 RM: Fixed texture error in rear wheel opening and gap in exhaust.
Honda Integra SiR-G '95 RM: Corrected windscreen banner from Acura to Honda.
Honda Integra Type R '95 RM: Corrected windscreen banner from Acura to Honda.
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Collezione: Fixed exhaust masking.
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evo: Fixed exhaust masking.
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evo RM: Fixed exhaust masking.
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Rally Car: Fixed exhaust masking.
Lotus Elan S2, night: Fixed dark line on front wings.
Lotus Elan S4 Sprint, night: Fixed dark line on front wings.
Mazda Familia GT-R RM, night: Fixed corrupted front bumper texture and line under headlights.
Mazda Familia GT-X RM, night: Fixed corrupted front bumper texture and line under headlights.
Mazda RX-7 GT-C LM Edition, night: Fixed incorrect bodywork (by Submaniac93).
Mazda RX-7 RS-R '97 RM, night: Fixed missing logo and highlights.
Mazda RX-7 RS-R '97 alternate RM, night: Fixed missing logo.
Mazda RX-7 Type R '98 RM, night: Fixed missing logo and highlights.
Mazda RX-7 Type R '98 alternate RM, night: Fixed missing logo.
Mazda RX-7 Type RB '97 RM, night: Fixed missing logo and highlights.
Mazda RX-7 Type RB '97 alternate RM, night: Fixed missing logo.
Mazda RX-7 Type RB '98 RM, night: Fixed missing logo and highlights.
Mazda RX-7 Type RB '98 alternate RM, night: Fixed missing logo.
Mazda RX-7 Type RS '97 RM, night: Fixed missing logo and highlights.
Mazda RX-7 Type RS '97 alternate RM, night: Fixed missing logo.
Mazda RX-7 Type RS '98 RM, night: Fixed missing logo and highlights.
Mazda RX-7 Type RS '98 alternate RM, night: Fixed missing logo.
Mazda RX-7 Type RZ '97 RM, night: Fixed missing logo and highlights.
Mazda RX-7 Type RZ '97 alternate RM, night: Fixed missing logo.
Mercedes-Benz CLK 200, night: Fixed front bumper to match day version.
Mercedes-Benz CLK 320, night: Fixed front bumper to match day version.
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV GSR RM: Fixed missing livery patch on left side.
Nissan Skyline GT-R 4-Door RM: Fixed transparent patches around windscreen (unused body).
Nissan Stagea 260RS '97 RM, night: Fixed missing section of livery.
Nissan Stagea 260RS '98 RM: Fixed missing section of livery.
Nissan Stagea 260RS '98 RM, night: Fixed missing section of livery.
Nissan Stagea RS Four V '98 RM, night: Fixed missing section of livery.
Opel Astra, night: Fixed front bumper to match day version.
Opel Astra RM, night: Fixed front bumper to match day version.
Opel Vectra RM: Fixed exhaust position (by Submaniac93).
Peugeot 306 S16: Fixed exhaust masking.
Plymouth PT Spyder: Removed chrome from A-pillars.
Renault Laguna RM: Fixed damaged textures on front bumper (by Submaniac93).
Renault Megane, night: Fixed missing third brake light.
Suzuki Alto Works RS/Z '98 RM: Fixed black paint around headlights.
Tommykaira ZZ-S: Fixed bodywork hole around exhaust.
Toyota GT-ONE Road Version, night: Fixed leftover livery around headlights.
Toyota Prius RM, red livery, night: Fixed blue paint around headlights (unused body).
Vauxhall Astra, night: Fixed front bumper to match day version, fixed damaged textures on rear windscreen.
Vauxhall Astra RM, night: Fixed front bumper to match day version.
Vauxhall Vectra RM: Fixed exhaust position (by Submaniac93).
Volkswagen Lupo RM: Fixed incorrect palette on windscreen.

- Text
ARTA Zexel Skyline: Fixed 'Arta' capitalisation error.
Aston Martin DB7 Coupe: Fixed 'COUPE' capitalisation error.
Aston Martin DB7 Volante: Fixed 'VOLANTE' capitalisation error.
Aston Martin V8 Vantage: Fixed 'VANTAGE' capitalisation error.
BMW 840Ci: Fixed 'Royalot' spelling error.
cdmaOne Cerumo Supra: Fixed 'Cdma' capitalisation error and removed extra space from replay name.
Chevrolet Corvette '82: Removed Stingray name that was not used after 1976.
Citroen Xantia: Fixed 'v6' capitalisation error.
Daishin Silvia: Fixed 'Daisin' spelling error.
Dodge Challenger: Fixed 'Bluemetallic' spelling error.
Eunos Roadster S Special '93: Fixed 'Melrot' spelling error.
Ford Cougar: Fixed 'tourmaline' capitalisation error.
Ford RS200: Fixed 'Rs200' capitalisation error, removed 'Rally Car' from name.
Honda Accord Wagon SiR '98: Fixed missing space in replay name.
Jaguar XJ220: Removed 'GT Race Car' from name.
Lancia Y: Fixed 'Velde' and 'Wembiey' spelling errors.
Lotus Elan S2 '90: Corrected name to Lotus Elan 1.6 '90.
Lotus Elan S4 Sprint: Fixed 'ELAN' capitalisation error.
Mazda RX-7 A-spec: Fixed missing space in replay name.
Mercedes-Benz A160: Fixed missing 'Benz' in replay name.
Mercedes-Benz CLK 200: Fixed missing 'Benz' in replay name.
Mercedes-Benz CLK 320: Fixed missing 'Benz' in replay name.
Mercedes-Benz SLK 230: Fixed missing 'Benz' and missing space in replay name.
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo.III Rally Car: Fixed 'Iii' capitalisation error and extra space in replay name.
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo.IV Rally Car: Fixed extra space in replay name.
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR: Fixed missing space in replay name.
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR: Fixed missing space in replay name.
Mitsubishi Minica Dangan: Fixed missing space in replay name.
Mitsubishi Minica PJ: Fixed 'Pj' capitalisation error (JP only).
Mugen S2000: Fixed 'MUGEN' capitalisation error.
Nismo 400R 'PreceidingModel': Corrected name to Nismo 400R Prototype.
Nissan 300ZX 2+2 '98: Fixed extra spaces in replay name (EU only).
Nissan 300ZX Turbo '98: Fixed extra space in replay name (EU only).
Nissan March Super Turbo: Fixed missing spaces in replay name.
Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car '97: Fixed missing spaces in replay name.
Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car '98: Fixed missing spaces in replay name.
Nissan Silvia K's Aero SE: Fixed 'K'S' capitalisation error.
Nissan Skyline 25GT Turbo: Fixed missing space in replay name.
Nissan Skyline 280 Type MR: Fixed 'Skiline' spelling error (JP only).
Nissan Skyline GTS25 Type S: Fixed missing space in replay name.
Nissan Skyline GTS25t Type M: Fixed missing spaces in replay name.
Nissan Skyline GTS4: Fixed missing space in replay name.
Nissan Skyline GTS-R: Fixed missing space in replay name.
Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M: Fixed missing space in replay name.
Nissan Skyline GT-R '71: Fixed missing space in replay name.
Nissan Skyline GT-R '89: Fixed missing space in replay name.
Nissan Skyline GT-R '91: Fixed missing space in replay name.
Nissan Skyline GT-R '95: Fixed missing space in replay name.
Nissan Skyline GT-R '97: Fixed missing space in replay name.
Nissan Skyline GT-R '99: Fixed missing space in replay name.
Nissan Skyline GT-R 4Door: Fixed missing space in replay name.
Nissan Skyline GT-R Nismo: Fixed missing space in replay name.
Nissan Skyline GT-R V spec: Fixed missing space in replay name.
Nissan Skyline GT-R V spec '95: Fixed missing space in replay name and abbreviation.
Nissan Skyline GT-R V spec '97: Fixed missing space in replay name and abbreviation (US only).
Nissan Skyline GT-R V spec '99: Fixed missing space in replay name.
Nissan Skyline GT-R V spec II: Fixed missing space in replay name.
Nissan Skyline Silhouette Formula: Fixed 'Foumula' spelling error.
Nissan Stagea RS Four V '98: Fixed missing space in replay name (US only).
Opel Astra: Fixed 'Starsillber' spelling error.
Opel Corsa: Fixed 'Starsillber' spelling error.
Opel Tigra: Fixed 'Starsillber' spelling error.
Opel Vectra: Fixed 'Starsillber' spelling error.
Peugeot 206 Rally Car: Fixed misplaced year.
Plymouth GTX: Fixed 'Cooper' spelling error.
Renault Espace F1: Fixed replay name.
RUF BTR Type I: Fixed missing space in replay name.
RUF BTR Type II: Fixed missing space in replay name.
Subaru Impreza 22B STi Version: Fixed 'Sti' capitalisation error.
Suzuki Cervo Mode: Fixed 'Celvo' spelling error.
Suzuki Cappuccino: Fixed 'Capcino' abbreviation.
Tommykaira m13: Fixed missing spaces in replay name.
Tommykaira R '95: Fixed extra space in replay name.
Tommykaira R '99: Fixed extra space in replay name.
Toyota Corolla Trueno '83: Corrected name to Sprinter Trueno.
Toyota Corolla Trueno '85: Corrected name to Sprinter Trueno.
Toyota Prius: Fixed 'PRIUS' capitalisation error.
Toyota Soarer 2.5 GT-T '95: Fixed 'Phtalocyanine' spelling error.
Toyota Starlet Turbo S '82: Corrected name to Toyota Starlet S '80, corrected colour name to Green.
Toyota XYR Detroit Show Ver.: Fixed missing space in replay name.
Unisia JECS Skyline: Fixed 'Jecs' capitalisation error.
Venturi 400GT: Fixed aspiration type from MA to TURBO.
Xanavi ARTA Silvia: Fixed 'Zanavi' spelling error and 'Arta' capitalisation error.

- Stats
Audi A4: Fixed price being swapped with S4.
Audi S4: Fixed price being swapped with A4.
BMW 528i: Fixed engine stats.
Chevrolet Corvette '82: Fixed engine stats.
Chevrolet Corvette '96: Fixed length stat.
Citroen Xsara Rally Car: Fixed engine stats.
Daihatsu Move SR-XX (2WD) '97: Fixed peak torque stat.
Daihatsu Move SR-XX (4WD) '97: Fixed height stat.
Daihatsu Storia Rally Car: Fixed engine stats.
Dodge Avenger: Fixed engine stats.
Dodge Challenger: Fixed engine stats.
Dodge Charger: Fixed engine stats.
Dodge Neon ACR: Fixed engine stats.
Dodge Neon R/T: Fixed engine stats.
Dodge Stratus ES: Fixed engine stats.
Fiat 500 Sporting: Fixed engine stats.
Fiat 500R: Fixed engine stats.
Fiat 600 Sporting: Fixed engine stats.
Fiat Punto GT: Fixed engine stats.
Ford Cougar: Fixed price being taken from the Mercury Cougar '67. New price based on real-world pricing.
Ford GT40: Fixed engine stats.
Ford GT40 Race Car: Fixed engine stats.
Ford Mustang GT '98: Fixed engine stats.
Ford Mustang GT '99: Fixed engine stats.
Ford Mustang SVT Cobra '99: Fixed engine stats.
Ford RS200: Fixed engine stats.
Honda Accord SiR '96: Fixed engine stats.
Honda Accord Wagon SiR '96: Fixed engine stats.
Honda NSX '90: Fixed missing year.
Honda S2000 GT1: Fixed engine stats.
Lancia Delta S4: Fixed engine stats.
Lancia Y: Fixed engine stats.
Lister Storm: Fixed engine stats.
Mercury Cougar '67: Fixed price.
Mine's Lancer Evo V: Fixed engine stats.
Mini Cooper Mk1: Fixed engine stats.
Mini Cooper 1.3i: Fixed engine stats.
Plymouth Cuda: Fixed engine stats.
Plymouth GTX: Fixed engine stats.
Plymouth Muscle Car: Fixed engine stats.
Plymouth Superbird: Fixed engine stats.
Renault Clio 16V: Fixed engine stats.
Renault Laguna V6: Corrected engine from I4 to V6.
Rover Mini 1275S: Fixed width stat.
Spoon Civic Type R: Fixed engine stats.
Spoon Integra Type R: Fixed engine stats.
Spoon S2000: Fixed engine stats.
STP Taisan Viper: Fixed engine stats.
Subaru 360: Fixed engine stats.
Subaru Impreza WRX '94: Corrected height.
Tommykaira ZZII: Fixed engine stats.
TommyKaira ZZIII: Fixed engine stats.
Toyota Altezza 280T: Fixed engine stats.
Toyota Celica Rally Car: Fixed engine stats.
Toyota Starlet Turbo S '82: Changed year to 1980.
TVR Cerbera LM Edition: Fixed engine stats.
TVR Chimaera 4.0: Fixed engine stats.
TVR Chimaera 4.5: Fixed engine stats.
TVR Chimaera 5.0: Fixed engine stats.
Vector W8: Fixed engine stats.
VW Golf V5: Fixed engine stats.
VW New Beetle GLS: Fixed engine stats.
VW New Beetle GT: Fixed engine stats.

- Upgrades / Physics
All racecars: Fixed bug that prevented adjustment of brake balance.
Acura Integra GS-R: Fixed typo in 4th gear ratio.
BMW 528i: Corrected engine power from 142PS to 142kW (190PS).
Chevrolet Corvette '82: Corrected engine power from 230BHP to 200BHP, corrected redline, corrected stock gearing.
Daihatsu Move SR-XX (2WD) '97: Fixed weight being swapped with 4WD model.
Daihatsu Move SR-XX (4WD) '97: Fixed weight being swapped with 2WD model.
Dodge Stratus ES: Corrected engine power and torque curves, from 104PS / 17.2kgm to 163PS / 22.5kgm, and corrected engine redline. Adjusted turbo kits to compensate for increased base power.
Ford Mustang GT '98: Corrected engine power from 207BHP to 225BHP.
Ford Mustang GT '99: Corrected engine power from 207BHP to 260BHP.
HKS R33 Drag: Corrected tyre sizes from HKS 180SX skinny fronts / wide rears to 10.5" slicks on all four corners.
Honda Accord SiR '96: Corrected weight from 1490kg to 1290kg.
Honda Accord Wagon SiR '96: Added missing NA Tune stage 3 and adjusted 1 and 2 to match the saloon.
Honda Civic Ferio '93: Added missing turbo kits from hatchback version, fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Honda Civic Ferio '96: Added missing turbo kits from hatchback version, fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Honda Civic Ferio '98: Added missing turbo kits from hatchback version.
Honda Civic SiR-II '93: Fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Honda Civic SiR-II '95: Fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Honda CR-X del sol VXi '92: Fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Honda CR-X del sol SiR '92: Fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Honda CR-X SiR '91: Fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Honda Integra SiR-G '95: Fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Honda Integra Type R '95: Fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Honda NSX: Fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Honda NSX '90: Fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Honda Prelude Si '91: Fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Honda Prelude Si VTEC '91: Fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Honda Prelude SiR '96: Fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Honda Prelude Type-S '96: Fixed incorrect weight from GT1 US.
Mine's Lancer Evo V: Corrected LSD settings and adjustments from FF to 4WD.
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V Rally Car (alternate livery): Removed duplicate LSD.
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI Rally Car: Removed duplicate LSD.
Nissan Skyline 280 Type MR: Corrected drivetrain from 4WD to FR.
Subaru Impreza WRX '94: Corrected engine power and torque to 260PS / 31.5kgm (swapped with '94 WRX Wagon), corrected weight.
Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon '94: Corrected engine power and torque to 220PS / 28.5kgm (swapped with '94 WRX).
Subaru Impreza WRX STi Ver.VI typeRA: Corrected engine power multiplier to match the base and typeR versions.
Vauxhall Corsa: Fixed missing turbo kit.
Vauxhall Tigra: Fixed missing turbo kit.
Venturi Atlantique 300: Removed erroneous driveshaft upgrade.
VW Golf V6: Corrected engine from 150PS V5 to 204PS V6. Corrected drivetrain from FF to 4WD. Corrected weight.

- Events
German Nationals race 1: Removed BMW 528i opponent as it now has much more power than the other opponents.
German Nationals race 2: Added BMW 528i opponent with 248PS and Sports tyres.
Gran Turismo All Stars: Added racing modification to Elise GT1 opponent.
Gran Turismo World Championship: Added racing modification to Elise GT1 opponent.
Manufacturer - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution: The Mine's Lancer Evolution V can now be entered.
Manufacturer - Nissan Skyline R34: The Mine's R34 Skyline GT-R and Tommykaira R '99 can now be entered.
Manufacturer - Toyota Celica (Racing): The Weds Sport Celica GT can now be entered.
Manufacturer - Toyota MR-S: The Toyota MR-S Motor Show Version can now be entered.
Rome 2 Hours: Added racing modification to XJ220 opponent.
Tuned NA Cup: Removed Peugeot 306 S16 RM on dirt tyres from the list of possible opponents.
Tuned Turbo Car Cup: Replaced naturally aspirated Tommykaira R30 with other cars from the list of possible opponents.

All changes from the Light version, plus:

- Colours
Castrol Supra GT: Restored white / blue, black / green and black / blue colours from GT1.
Citroen Saxo RM: Restored black colour.
Dodge Viper GTS: Restored 1997 colours.
Dodge Viper RT/10: Restored 1997 colours.
Dodge Viper RT/10 RM: Added yellow colour based on GT1 version (by Submaniac93).
Ford GT90: Restored several cut colours.
Jaguar XJR-15: Added range of colours (by Sirius-R & Submaniac93).
Lister Storm: Restored several cut colours.
Mazda RX-7 A-Spec LM Edition: Restored purple colour from GT1 pre-releases.
Mazda RX-7 infini III RM: Restored black colour from GT1 pre-releases.
Mazdaspeed AZ1 A spec: Restored blue colour.
Mercedes-Benz C 43 AMG: Restored several cut colours.
Mercedes-Benz E 55 AMG: Restored several cut colours.
Mitsubishi GTO LM Edition: Restored silver colour from GT1 pre-releases.
Mitsubishi Mirage Cyborg R '92 RM: Restored peach colour from GT1 pre-releases.
Nissan Pulsar GTi-R RM: Restored green colour.
Nissan Skyline GTS-R: Removed fictional colours.
Peugeot 306 S16 RM: Restored red livery.
Plymouth Pronto Spyder: Restored several cut colours.
TOM'S T01 Angel: Restored silver colour.
Toyota Sprinter Trueno '85: Restored High Sonic colour.
TVR Cerbera 4.2 RM: Restored silver colour.
TVR Cerbera LM Edition: Added green colour based on GT1 Cerbera LM.
TVR Cerbera Speed 6 RM: Restored silver colour.
Vector M12: Restored silver colour.
Vector W8 Twin Turbo: Restored several cut colours.

- Textures
Ford Focus Rally Car: Restored Valvoline logos, removed sunroof.
Nissan Primera 2.0Te '90 RM: Restored Impul and Nismo logos.
Nissan Pulsar GTi-R RM: Restored Nismo banner from GT1.
Nissan Skyline GTS-R RM: Restored Impul logos.

- Text
All cars: Rename MA aspiration type to S/C.
Jaguar XJR: Removed 'Vehicle' from name.
Jaguar XJR15: Removed 'GT Race Car' from name.
Nissan Skyline GTS-R: Added missing Bluish Black colour name.

- Upgrades / Physics
Ford Taurus SHO: Restored NASCAR livery as an alternate racing modification.
Honda Life T '97: Restored racing modification, fixed wheels.
Honda Life T '98: Restored racing modification, fixed wheels.
Nismo GT-R LM: Added alternate RM based on GT1 version (by Submaniac93).
Nissan Skyline GT-R 4Door: Restored racing modification.
Renault Clio 16V: Added turbo kit as the car had no major power upgrades.
Toyota MR-S Motor Show Version: Added turbo kit as the car had no major power upgrades.
Toyota Prius: Restored racing modification, added weight reduction.
Toyota XYR Detroit Show Version: Added NA tuning as the car had no major power upgrades.

- Cars
Mazda Roadster RS D-Rights: Added car, based on license test version.
Mercedes-Benz CLK Race Car: Restored car.
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V Rally Car (alternate livery): Restored car.
Mugen S2000: Added car, based on unused model.
Nissan Silvia Spec-R Aero D-Rights: Added car, based on license test version.
Nissan Skyline GT-R V spec N1 '99: Added car.
Toyota Supra RZ '97 [Special Colour]: Added car, based on GT1 version.
VW Polo: Restored car.

- Events
Compact Car Cup: Restored VW Polo to list of possible opponents.
Secret: Added Mazda Roadster RS D-Rights as prize car.
Secret: Added Mercedes-Benz CLK Race Car as prize car.
Secret: Added Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V Rally Car (alternate livery) as prize car.
Secret: Added Mugen S2000 as prize car.
Secret: Added Nissan Silvia Spec-R Aero D-Rights as prize car.
Secret: Added Nissan Skyline GT-R V spec N1 '99 as prize car.
Secret: Added Toyota Supra RZ '97 [Special Colour] as prize car.
Secret: Added VW Polo as prize car.

pez2k - Research, tooling, all data, texture, palette and sound modifications (unless mentioned below)
adeyblue - Research (reverse engineering), tooling (GTVolTools, GT2DataExploder)
Submaniac93 - Research (memory mapping), model editing (RX-7 GT-C LM) texture editing (GT-R LM RM, Laguna RM), palette editing (GT-R LM RM, Viper RT/10 RM, XJR15)
B_Rad88 - Texture editing (Neon ACR RM)
Sirius-R - Recolouring (XJR15)
Turn10 - Reference data (VW Golf V6 engine, from the Bora V6 in Forza Motorsport 4)
SuperFrizzio - QA and testing

Please note that for this initial alpha test release, only the Simulation disc of the PAL version of Gran Turismo 2 is supported. Other regions and the Arcade disc will be supported in later releases.

Download (alpha 3)
Omg no way. PS1 games can be modded now?! SOO trying this out. Keep up te epic job! WOOO!

For the PAL version I'm curious as to if this fix could be made:

When selecting "English" in the language menu, KM/H would be switched to MPH in a race.
It would be a great fix for Brits like me who are more used to MPH! If it isn't possible (or is already in the patch and I've just missed it), no worries :D

I could give it a shot soon. I haven't played the PAL version because i have modded the NTSC version already too much but i can't see it being much different. I'd say that somewhere along the line of converting the game, he's made a mistake.
Compression too high maybe?

Is it possible to remove the rubber Banding in Simulation Mode?? It seems to have an option in Arcade Mode.
Also, but i guess even more unrealistic, would it be possible to add KI cars to 2-player mode? Would be awesome^1000

There are a ton of unknown values in the race events, rubber-banding could be one of them but I don't even know if it is, never mind which one.

I've not really touched the Arcade disc much yet, but I would suspect that adding AI opponents will not be possible - they'll have been removed for performance reasons, as in split-screen the game is having to render everything twice, so just displaying the two player cars twice each is probably pushing the PS1 to its limit.

For the PAL version I'm curious as to if this fix could be made:

When selecting "English" in the language menu, KM/H would be switched to MPH in a race.

I'd love to, but the MPH conversion is done in the game executable rather than the game data. So far I've only been modifying the game data, and would need to learn MIPS assembly and a lot of reverse-engineering skills to modify the executable at all. Long term I'd like to be able to patch an issue or two in the executable, but I have no plans to look into it any time soon as there's still 100+ art and data bugs to fix first.

I could give it a shot soon. I haven't played the PAL version because i have modded the NTSC version already too much but i can't see it being much different. I'd say that somewhere along the line of converting the game, he's made a mistake.
Compression too high maybe?
I think the problem is not that bro, in PSP when I play full 3D games I use compression lvl 1 because of slowdowns at gameplay. I GT2 case, I always use lvl1 EBOOT Compression, the patch it's correctly, successfully applied. And the MD5 checksum match, in the original bin (REDUMP Database) and later when I applied the patch (PATCHED MD5 Checksum).

Latest Posts

Back