[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,813 comments
Can you restore Toyota Chaser LM Edition and Denso Sard livery (Supra RZ'95) for TRD3000GT from Gran Turismo 1?
I actually made a replica livery of the 1995 Toyota Supra RM from GT1, not 1:1 though due to palette limitations when editing it:

I was able to replicate the colors and vinyl patterns, I just didn't have enough colors to work with where I could recreate all of the decals without sacrificing other colors.

Last edited:
I was seeing this topic about the Gran Turismo 2 Mod and I thought the work of the people who put things that were missing in the final version of the game was great. My question is this, do you intend to update it in the future?

Last edited:
RandomCarGuy17, can you restore the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Rally Car with the Marlboro logo? Yes, I'm talking about the red car in the game.

I would let the modders take their time with it, including with tools and such. The restoration of cut content is pretty nice though.

My question is this, do you intend to update it in the future?

Yes, I'm actively working on it. Rebuilding the mod to work on the US and Japanese version of the game too has taken quite a while, but I'm hoping it won't be too much longer for a new release.

RandomCarGuy17, can you restore the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Rally Car with the Marlboro logo?

The red Winfield Evo is already restored in GT2+ - the uncensored texture mod is by @submaniac93 and is freely downloadable so you can replace the censored version yourself.

The red Winfield Evo is already restored in GT2+ - the uncensored texture mod is by @submaniac93 and is freely downloadable so you can replace the censored version yourself.
I'm pretty sure he's talking about this Marlboro Lancer Evo. VI WRC, not the hidden Winfield Evo V.
gron-por-99-03.jpg

RandomCarGuy17, can you restore the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Rally Car with the Marlboro logo? Yes, I'm talking about the red car in the game.
I could, whenever I feel up to doing it. I have backed away from GT2 modding at the moment for focus on other things. Though, I did start work on alterning the Evo VI. WRC to have Tommi Makinen decals versus in GT3. Making a Marlboro Evo can't be that much harder.

Guys, can anyone upload save with blue subaru impreza rally car '97 (prize car in 300 km grand valley). 4 times won this race but I only get black colour(

Minor progress update, finished off something that was cut from alpha 4 late on:
chaserlm-final.png

This is using the Chaser Tourer V RM model modified by @submaniac93 to add the LM Edition's decal layout, plus his recreation of the GT1 wheel texture, and his modified GT1 sounds. The physics are ported from GT1 wherever possible, as are the car textures and logo. The lack of a correct model was all that stopped this being in alpha 4, so now it's finished it will be in the next release (probably in the Special dealer).

Yep - I'm taking screenshots on random discs from now on, as the mod is fully functional on nearly all of them. JP Arcade is the last one that needs to be done.

Wow looks interesting though, truly a nice work you have done there pez2k.. mind if you sharing your screenshot with us pez?? And also once the jp arcade is done, are you gonna release it?? Have you test these patch works as intended??

mind if you sharing your screenshot with us pez?? And also once the jp arcade is done, are you gonna release it??

The screenshot is in the post above. The JP Arcade disc is the last disc that I need to get working with the mod, but that doesn't mean that the next release of the mod is finished yet.

So the standard Chaser RM will give a "Parts/modification not available" message or you'll replace a different car (like the Rex VX) for the Chaser LM?

So the standard Chaser Tourer V will have its standard RM?
If he replace the Rex Supercharger (that has a Lexus IS body), will the Lexus IS have its body replaced too?
And, will the Shelby GT500KR be restored too?

So the standard Chaser Tourer V will have its standard RM?
If he replace the Rex Supercharger (that has a Lexus IS body), will the Lexus IS have its body replaced too?
And, will the Shelby GT500KR be restored too?

Yes, like the other new cars (NSX-R LM GT2, Vectra SRi, and the many special colour cars) the Chaser LM is entirely standalone and doesn't overwrite anything.

The Subaru Rex placeholder model is not the same file as the normal Altezza model - all of the placeholders are duplicate files (which I've removed now anyway).

The JP GT500KR is identical to the GT500 in the US and PAL releases, other than that the model was seemingly accidentally squashed in the JP release, hence it being replaced in later versions. It's the same with the GT350 duplicates - the original JP model is bad hence why it was replaced. All of the other model updates that PD did directly overwrote the original cars - it's a bit of a mistake that they cloned the Shelbys instead of replacing them, and that is what caused the endurance race opponents bug in US 1.0.

Glad to see this is still being worked on. I am looking forward to playing GT2 on an emulator. It will be worth waiting for this to be released on the NTSC version so I can play it with 60 frames.

There's quite sometime that I don't see the progress of the mod... And I gotta say, it's really good all the news I've been reading so far. Keep up the great work, Pez! Can't wait to play this with 60fps or in my PSP!

Last edited:
Hey Pez, are you planning on retexturing the RM's that are based on real liveries? MatJ155 made a video about them last year.

I've been working on menu edits recently, ticking a few things off the to-do list.

First up, adding the Chaser LM for purchase, as well as showing that the '96 Castrol Supra now has multiple colours to be won:
chaserlm-dealer.png

castrol96-dealer.png

Next, fixing the old bug where the Nismo GT-R LM is missing from the dealership in the Japanese version:
nismolm-jpn.png

I've also ported the tweak to add the Vauxhall dealer over to the US and Japanese versions of North City:
northcity-us.png

northcity-jp.png

There's even a fully localised set of menus and car descriptions for the Vauxhalls in Japanese, all unused normally:
vauxhall-jp.png

vauxhall2-jp.png

Finally, I've ported over the addition of Acura to the Japanese menus too, which again is already Japanese-localised but unused:
acuradealer-jp.png

acuradealer-jp2.png

It's looking better every day and I'm looking forward to finally playing a US version of this mod. :)
I especially can't wait to try that Chaser LM as it's own race car rather than being a racing mod.

I've been working on menu edits recently, ticking a few things off the to-do list.

First up, adding the Chaser LM for purchase, as well as showing that the '96 Castrol Supra now has multiple colours to be won:
chaserlm-dealer.png

castrol96-dealer.png

Next, fixing the old bug where the Nismo GT-R LM is missing from the dealership in the Japanese version:
nismolm-jpn.png

I've also ported the tweak to add the Vauxhall dealer over to the US and Japanese versions of North City:
northcity-us.png

northcity-jp.png

There's even a fully localised set of menus and car descriptions for the Vauxhalls in Japanese, all unused normally:
vauxhall-jp.png

vauxhall2-jp.png

Finally, I've ported over the addition of Acura to the Japanese menus too, which again is already Japanese-localised but unused:
acuradealer-jp.png

acuradealer-jp2.png

Oh my god pez2k, not gonna lie though but that was a pretty good achievement, impressive work you make there pez, im impressed.. love it very much....thank you so much for sharing the info with all us..we all totally appreciate it

Is the original post the most updated file version, or is it somewhere on these 27 pages?

The latest version is always in the first post, including all of the changelogs etc. The release history section of that post links to the specific release announcement posts too, if needed.

The latest version is always in the first post, including all of the changelogs etc. The release history section of that post links to the specific release announcement posts too, if needed.

Thank you, I thought so, I just wasn't completely sure.

Having trouble getting save games to work with this. Any suggestions?

Back