[Mod] GT4 Invisible GT Auto Spoilers

• Thread starter Dibilowas
  • 4 comments
Brazil
Brazil
I personally never liked the GT Auto Spoilers, I always thought of them as "gaining extra downforce at the cost of the car's looks", so I managed to find every GT Auto wing and mount brackets and erase/tweak them using the PCSX2 texture dump/replace feature so they're invisible.
My main goal was to equip them on cars that don't have spoilers and retain the same look, but equipping a car that already has a stock spoiler with a GT Auto one will make the original disappear, in this case, the mod will make the car have no spoiler at all, which for some might be actually a good thing.

To install it, drop the "-No Spoiler" folder inside your "PCSX2\textures\SCUS-XXXXX\replacements" and activate "load textures" inside the "texture replacement" tab on "graphics" config in your emulator. This only works on the 1.7 build of PCSX2.
SCUS-XXXXX being the GT4 version:
SCUS-97328 - Retail Version
SCUS-97436 - Online Public Beta

3 cars have 3d models for the Spoiler Mount Brackets that cannot be removed using texture replacements, those are NSXs, '93 Mazda 323F and the '00Lotus Esprit Sport 350, I wouldn't recommend installing a spoiler on those as it will look weird.

Download

1.png

2.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, would it be possible to make a version of this where only the white and grey rear wings are invisible?

Back