Moderation Favoritism?

  • Thread starter Thread starter FastAShecK
  • 11 comments
  • 791 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

FastAShecK

(Banned)
Messages
599
Canada
Road to Inferno
I notice you gotta watch your toes on this board, high post count means moderation and old member bias around here. This is my observation and experience here so far.

If the board is gonna be so Policed with high post count or old member favoritism, it should be made clear when you sign up. Crazyness... It seems light infractions by new members get overblown infractions when old high post count members seem free to do what they please... Again, this is my observation and experience here so far...

Seriously, its obvious that a group of members have been here quite a long time and get favorable treatment.. Not very welcoming, and against what I though a public forum was all about. Maybe new members need apply for a membership so you can screen out those who see this as a Game, keeping only the overly obsessed...

There is moderation, but there is also OVER moderation... A little diplomacy and tact goes a long way.
 
Last edited:
:lol: I've never noticed any kind of favouritism. It's just the longer you're here the more familiar you get with the rules and some people use that familiarity to push how far they can stick their neck out before the cleaver comes down.

You're 'pointing out' something that doesn't exist for as far as I can tell; no reason at all. Even premium members can still get busted for overstepping the line.
 
I've always felt more than welcome and the moderators seem to be harsher on us longer standing members, as it's felt that we should know the way things work more. The reason it seems like newer members get more infractions is because they do, not understanding the rules can cause issues and many new members join solely to spam or troll.

You're 'pointing out' something that doesn't exist for as far as I can tell; no reason at all. Even premium members can still get busted for overstepping the line.

True, see this link...
 
Nobody get any favouritism. We all need to stick to AUP.

We get warnings or a ban...no postcount nor premium membership can prevent that.

Cheers and welcome to :gtplanet:
 
A key point to remember as well is that most forums aren't as strict as this one (and suffer as a direct result in my opinion). So people come here with that mindset and need to be reminded of the rules, when friendly reminder from other members doesn't suffice it will often lead to moderation intervention.

I'd really like to see your evidence of this occurring.
 
Just one question for the OP - is this in the wrong forum?

EDIT: Yes, yes it is. And I need to phrase better.
 
Last edited:
:lol: I find this forum as one of the most relaxed forum that I have ever been on!

NO Sarcasm.
 
One question - is this in the wrong forum?

It is. It has nothing to do with GT5 and belongs in "Site Support" if anything. I only just noticed it was in this section because I'm absolutely exhausted from packing.

:lol: I find this forum as one of the most relaxed forum that I have ever been on!

Pretty much. As long as you're able to speak proper English and be an over all decent human being your experience here is definitely going to feel more relaxed :lol:
 
DiersZee1
:lol: I find this forum as one of the most relaxed forum that I have ever been on!

It's well moderated so things get dealt with before they spiral out of control. I'd presume that people are allowed a little more free reign in the premium members section of the forum (things like swearing etc) but the same AUP applies elsewhere.
 
Let's point something out that'll hopefully clear this up for you:

You were asked not only by your peers to stop stirring up trouble, but by a member of staff as well but instead you chose to ignore the advice given and continued to press on. That's why you received the infraction, not because we're playing favorites for whatever daft reason.

You ignored moderator instruction and as a result were punished for it. So instead of attempting to pass blame on someone else, you should learn from the occurrence so it doesn't happen again.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back