Modern Gr.1 cars

• Thread starter ebadevil
  • 4 comments
United States
Atlanta, GA
EBA_Devil
I'm trying to keep the Sardegna race interesting by buying some modern Gr.1 cars but I don't know, are any of them worth it? By modern I really mean from Brand Central, and non-VGTs.

I read that GR010 is really good at 800pp and it does well but how do you manage the hybrid drive? I tried it a few times and ran out of battery on lap 15.

I also bought the 908 HDi and while it was alright, still felt like a letdown.

So, two purchases of the modern Gr.1's, two misses unless I figure out a way to keep the GR010 charged the entire race.

So this is my question, are any other modern Gr.1's worth it at 800pp or are they all going to be slower tuned down than their legendary siblings?

And what about the max settings in the "Gr.1 specific" (I know it's not just for Gr.1s) races, any of them ok there?

I'm trying to keep the Sardegna race interesting by buying some modern Gr.1 cars but I don't know, are any of them worth it? By modern I really mean from Brand Central, and non-VGTs.

I read that GR010 is really good at 800pp and it does well but how do you manage the hybrid drive? I tried it a few times and ran out of battery on lap 15.

I also bought the 908 HDi and while it was alright, still felt like a letdown.

So, two purchases of the modern Gr.1's, two misses unless I figure out a way to keep the GR010 charged the entire race.

So this is my question, are any other modern Gr.1's worth it at 800pp or are they all going to be slower tuned down than their legendary siblings?

And what about the max settings in the "Gr.1 specific" (I know it's not just for Gr.1s) races, any of them ok there?
If you want to keep it interesting, just look for some 800PP tunes in the tuning sub-forum, buy the respective cars and try them out.

I personally don't really enjoy buying all these Gr. 1 cars and powerlimit and ballast them into oblivion just to run them in the 800PP race, as the cars were not meant to be run with 450HP and 1100KG and you can usually feel it. The Gr.2 cars are much more fun there for me as you don't have to change the nature of the car to race at 800PP.

And to keep the GR010 charged, just trailbrake a bit more than usual, it helps generate that extra bit of battery to not run out on the last lap.

If you want to keep it interesting, just look for some 800PP tunes in the tuning sub-forum, buy the respective cars and try them out.

I personally don't really enjoy buying all these Gr. 1 cars and powerlimit and ballast them into oblivion just to run them in the 800PP race, as the cars were not meant to be run with 450HP and 1100KG and you can usually feel it. The Gr.2 cars are much more fun there for me as you don't have to change the nature of the car to race at 800PP.

And to keep the GR010 charged, just trailbrake a bit more than usual, it helps generate that extra bit of battery to not run out on the last lap.
Yeah, that's kinda what I feel like. The these new Gr.1 cars seem to get completely destroyed to get under 800pp.

Thanks on that GR010 tip! I'll give that a try!

Back