• Thread starter Flerbizky
  • 16 comments

Flerbizky

Weltanschauung
Premium
Denmark
Whateversville
Flerbizky
Well - Got my arse in gear and bought the silly X-Port. Now why on Gods green earth I didn't sooner is beyond me. Throw the disc in the PC and install the drivers. Connect the PS2 and we're off.. So just out of curiosity (which killed the cat) I formatted my mem card after backing up the files and restored them back. Not a single save or anything damaged...

So the Flerbizky Golden Seal of Approval is on this baby ! 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

Wow, I hope you enjoy getting the GT3 cars on GTC, and getting hidden cars in GT3. :) 👍

The X-Port is both PAL & NTSC compatible.. I can buy you one and have it shipped downunder.... Some 90 AUK$...

Yes, Internet shipping seems like a good idea, but i think when i go to Europe (If i ever do) one of my souvenirs for sure will be an X-Port. :lol:

I originally thought about doing it through amazon.co.uk, but seeing as you know what to buy I geuss you could be helpful.

But then there are my parents, :rolleyes:

Eh, cut out the middle man and get one from the Internet.

I still need to get one, but my computer and PS2 are on seperate floors. I am under the impression that it's some kind of custom USB cord that plugs into both devices at the same time? It's not like a memory card reader for the computer? I wish they would have made a Memory Stick reader on the PS2 instead - that would have been pimp. They're making a 256MB stick now that sells for $135. That's so much better than $35 for an 8MB ... They even sell a 32MB for $30. And then they could have made the PS2 a media browser for their digital cameras. Wow, I should apply for "idea man" at Sony.

"Hello I am Sony's official Idea man"
The memory cards do work on sonys memory stick technology, but the probably couldn't afford to implement it better (That stuff was expensive in 2000).

I got my X-Port from Amazon.co.uk so maybe you should check your reigional version of amazon for one.

Well it could work for me seeing as my PS2 is about only 10 metres away from my computer.

Originally posted by LoudMusic
I am under the impression that it's some kind of custom USB cord that plugs into both devices at the same time?

Correct. You are supplied with 2x cords, each with a USB plug and a non-standard plug (some proprietary design i assume). Then there is an 'adapter' of sorts with which you plug the 2 non-standard plugs into. So you a run cable from the computers USB port into this 'adapter' and then a cable from that into the PS2 USB port. Pop the disk into the PS2 and your off! :)

Though, i might add the cable is not very long. And i'm not to certain if USB extension cables would hinder its operations. Something to try one day when i'm bored to death.

Originally posted by Angel O'Death
Correct. You are supplied with 2x cords, each with a USB plug and a non-standard plug (some proprietary design i assume). Then there is an 'adapter' of sorts with which you plug the 2 non-standard plugs into. So you a run cable from the computers USB port into this 'adapter' and then a cable from that into the PS2 USB port. Pop the disk into the PS2 and your off! :)

Though, i might add the cable is not very long. And i'm not to certain if USB extension cables would hinder its operations. Something to try one day when i'm bored to death.
Both ends of both cables are standard USB plugs. There's a USB A plug and USB B plug.

But get this... I took the Xport module apart, and it is nothing but a std. USB hub where they changed the bios :mad:

Originally posted by Angel O'Death

What I did was just bought the same exact kinds of cables that originally came with the Sharkport, but longer. Think I got them a Radio Shack for $8. I've got about 20 feet of the USB cable now running from my PC to my PS2, works like a charm. I did however keep that silly little "module" thing that comes with it. Don't really know what purpose it serves, but everything works normally.

Back