Monster High/Ever After High

• Thread starter Populuxe
  • 0 comments

Populuxe

シアトル買い出し紀行
Premium
United States
Seattle-ish
I've recently started watching these two shows and I'm really liking them. Both series were created by Mattel to sell toys, just like My Little Pony was created by Hasbro to sell toys. Both Monster High and Ever After High was connected with a couple of characters moving between them. Monster High is about teenage monsters attending the same high school. It started as a web series. Now there are several TV specials and direct-to-video movies. Almost all of them are available on Netflix. The web series is available on the monsterhigh.com website. It started as traditional 2D animation but quickly switched to 3D. Some of my favorite characters are Ghoulia Yelps, a zombie girl who doesn't want brains. She has brains. She's the genius of the group. I love how she can only speaks in zombie moans and groans but everyone understands her. I also love Abbie Bominable, a yeti girl. She's tall and beautiful, with a thick, deep Russian accent.

Ever After High uses 2D flash animation with a watercolor-like palette that is simply gorgeous. It's about the teenage children of fairytale characters attending the same high school. It's clever because you can't copyright Snow White, but you can copyright Apple White, her daughter. This show is really well-written. The premise is everyone at EAH is supposed to follow in their parent's footsteps, but while some welcome their destiny, others rebel against it. Raven Queen, daughter of the Evil Queen, wants nothing to do with her destiny. She's not evil and she has a lot of friends and she wants to make her own destiny. So the school gets split into two groups, the Royals who accept their destiny, and the Rebels who reject their destiny. I really like the character of Raven Queen. I can relate to her struggle. I also like the character of Maddie Hatter, the daughter of the Mad Hatter. She's just so much fun and very well acted. This is also available on Netflix in a series of shorts, TV specials, and direct-to-video movies. You can also find them on the everafterhigh.com website.

Back