Monthly Drift Day - Fun!

Marley-TougeHero
Hi guys. Trying to setup a monthly drift/track day, i've suggested it to a good few people now and the response is good.

The timing of the events would be near the end of each month between a friday/Sunday and it will last as long as people are there. It'll just be drifting for fun, can try things out, learn if you need some help or get tips. Whatever! Much like a real life trackday. I think it would be fun and a good place to gather together. The track's will be rotated monthly/on the day to keep it fresh, and if we want to move tracks on the day thats fine.

Let me know what you think and we'll setup for the first day if theres a good response!

(Please note - it would be first come first served basis on the day as the room's are limited in numbers)

I just got out of a drift room with about 8 people in autumn ring. It was awesome, a load of RX-7s and me in my RUF, which i then switched to the RX-7

im in ... im not very good ..we should do it today since its the end of the month and i dont have to work today or tomorrow.

Put me in here too.

We could also open a new room with exactly the same name with number 2 next to it, if the first room gets full. Just an idea, ;)

Count me in! Id love this to be on friday nights but i geuss we cant keep everyone happy..

I too want to learn to drift in GT5 and offcourse the next thing is tandems!

Sounds like we've definately got enough interest. Might need 2 people to host rooms? I'm thinking either a friday night or Sunday's?

This sounds like some good fun, even a bi-weekly thing would be cool. I started something similar on forza, which coincidentally was called "Forza Track Days" but I ended up not fully going through with it. I kind of like
the whole "one track per meet" idea as it adds to
the overall feel of it being a real track day. Some good activities to try out would be things like manji competetion, big entry, train drifts, suicides, mock battles and even cruising. Theres a lot of fun things you can do while sideways ;)

Yes. I agree with the track should be the same all day. Would allow us sad noob drifters to become more acquainted with a particular track. That way until the next track day we could practice on the last one we grew to know.

Would we justjoin the lobby and it would be a free roam type of drifting, thus making "traffic" or how exacty do you have it working?

Would we justjoin the lobby and it would be a free roam type of drifting, thus making "traffic" or how exacty do you have it working?

Yeah i was thinking just free mode drifting, makes it similar to real life i guess? When you do a track day in real life, your normally set onto the track to go round, i know its normally a time limit in real life or lap limit. But in a game i dont think we'd need that. Unless you guys want to maybe split the group in 2, and each group gets say 15mins each or something? Maybe an advanced group and a beginners/intermediate group if we were going that way?

The problem with free roam is that everybody just makes laps and laps and laps.

We need like a "race" every 20 mins or so, a "race" 4 laps or smth. In there we could do twin drifts etc, all kind off fun things from in the free roam. Why do i say race: so we can get a replay.

I've been suggesting that alot in lobby rooms where they drift, but alot off people don't get the fact that having a replay to toy with later on is cool, nice, and interesting....

The problem with free roam is that everybody just makes laps and laps and laps.

We need like a "race" every 20 mins or so, a "race" 4 laps or smth. In there we could do twin drifts etc, all kind off fun things from in the free roam. Why do i say race: so we can get a replay.

I've been suggesting that alot in lobby rooms where they drift, but alot off people don't get the fact that having a replay to toy with later on is cool, nice, and interesting....

Yeah i like that idea, then we can get pictures from each day. So if we say a 4 lap race every 15 minutes? Looking to host the first Drift day next week sometime. Anytime next weekend GMT is fine for me, how does that suit?

Back