Months have passed: Going from DiRT 4 to DiRT Rally

Discussion in 'DiRT Series' started by cjr3559, Mar 6, 2018.

1. cjr3559

cjr3559 Premium

Played DiRT Rally today after a 6 month layoff after playing DiRT 4 almost exclusively. I know there’s been multitudes of comparisons between the driving in these two games with DR generally being preferred. What I think it comes down to what you’re used to, and since DR came out first, maybe this is why people say DR is the better sim and D4 gets generally blasted?

After such a long layoff DR (while still great fun and entertaining) seems like driving a paper airplane. The cars just seem too light. I must be the only person that may prefer the handling in D4.

And this is only a handling comparison (not the gameplay and features) between these two games. And I’m not including the WRC series, SLRE, or anything else for that matter.

Eyeseeh50, John Wells and Wolfe like this.
  2. GTPVenomZombie

GTPVenomZombie

I got bored of DiRT 4. The recycled random stages just get boring and repetitive. It's a good game, don't get me wrong! But doesn't quite match the calibre of Dirt Rally.

I prefer Dirt Rally because it's way more of a challenge. It's that tough at times, that I get enjoyment from it being very difficult. Always has me on the edge of my seat. And I'm not winning all the time, even on the hardest difficulties. Which makes it way more competitive.

But I do respect your opinion and I hope you have enjoyed both games.

John Wells, mr_rainmaker and cjr3559 like this.
  3. mekonrider

mekonrider

Been playing GTS, AC and Forza 7, not touching this for months. Damn it's brutally unforgiving.