Months have passed: Going from DiRT 4 to DiRT Rally

• Thread starter cjr3559
  • 6 comments

cjr3559

Premium
United States
Ohio
cjr3559
Played DiRT Rally today after a 6 month layoff after playing DiRT 4 almost exclusively. I know there’s been multitudes of comparisons between the driving in these two games with DR generally being preferred. What I think it comes down to what you’re used to, and since DR came out first, maybe this is why people say DR is the better sim and D4 gets generally blasted?

After such a long layoff DR (while still great fun and entertaining) seems like driving a paper airplane. The cars just seem too light. I must be the only person that may prefer the handling in D4.

And this is only a handling comparison (not the gameplay and features) between these two games. And I’m not including the WRC series, SLRE, or anything else for that matter.

I got bored of DiRT 4. The recycled random stages just get boring and repetitive. It's a good game, don't get me wrong! But doesn't quite match the calibre of Dirt Rally.

I prefer Dirt Rally because it's way more of a challenge. It's that tough at times, that I get enjoyment from it being very difficult. Always has me on the edge of my seat. And I'm not winning all the time, even on the hardest difficulties. Which makes it way more competitive.

But I do respect your opinion and I hope you have enjoyed both games.

Just got DiRT Rally after playing DiRT 3 for ages, and it seems impossible to complete a single stage with a DS4, that is without rolling, bowling and totalling the car in the process :boggled:

Any tips on how to make gameplay easier for controller use?

Just got DiRT Rally after playing DiRT 3 for ages, and it seems impossible to complete a single stage with a DS4, that is without rolling, bowling and totalling the car in the process :boggled:

Any tips on how to make gameplay easier for controller use?

Calm down, don't try to drive the car flat out, hold back. Listen to the pace notes, learn the stages. It will take a while to start winning again :) You only need to finish on the top 3 to move onto the next difficulty level.

Calm down, don't try to drive the car flat out, hold back. Listen to the pace notes, learn the stages. It will take a while to start winning again :) You only need to finish on the top 3 to move onto the next difficulty level.
Okay, thanks a lot! :D

I've started off practising in GroupA / F2 Kit classes, and it seems to be working out for the most part, it's just getting used to the tracks / physics that'll take the most time.

Cheers :cheers:

Okay, thanks a lot! :D

I've started off practising in GroupA / F2 Kit classes, and it seems to be working out for the most part, it's just getting used to the tracks / physics that'll take the most time.

Cheers :cheers:

👍 I've just finished a season in the Peugeot 306 kit car at proffessional level, its a great car, high revving, had a blast. Just knock the brake bias back a bit to provoke over steer.

Back