Monza bridges

Am I going crazy or is there sometimes a bridge over the track before the second chicane and other times not?

Also I just did the 1979 race and noticed a bridge over the back straight before the Parabolica. I don’t recall ever seeing that before.

Crowds and the infield (tents, cars and the like) and other features around tracks change from hot laps/qualifying to race day too. I think it's a nice touch :).
Biggest change you can see is at Yamigawa. They tear down the grandstands when you select time trials.

Crowds and the infield (tents, cars and the like) and other features around tracks change from hot laps/qualifying to race day too. I think it's a nice touch :).
They change between some times of day too.

IIRC, if you race at night on Sardegna Windmills, you might see tents lit up around the track on certain places that are otherwise empty/filled with spectators during daytime races.

The bridge on the real track was removed a few years ago, and replaced by an advertising sign for bigger races (like f1).
GT Sport copied this, so it only has the advertising sign for races.

YEAH! I noticed that the bridge just before the second chicane is not there anymore, which is extremely awkward as it's used as a braking marker. Does it really show up in a race, but not in a time trial?

:confused:

Dang, I've never noticed any of these things you all are talking about, I'll have to take a look next time I'm at these tracks.

Reminds me of a vaguely remembered (possibly apocryphal) story about, I think, a couple of motorbike racers and Oulton Park, which has one of those tyre shaped bridges. One old hand was giving a new rider some tips and said that, at that point, you want to be under the ‘u’ of Dunlop to line yourself up for the corner.

When the new rider came back round he said that it hadn’t been that helpful as there had obviously been a change of sponsor since the old hand had been round and there’s no ‘u’ in Yokohama!

Reminds me of a vaguely remembered (possibly apocryphal) story about, I think, a couple of motorbike racers and Oulton Park, which has one of those tyre shaped bridges. One old hand was giving a new rider some tips and said that, at that point, you want to be under the ‘u’ of Dunlop to line yourself up for the corner.

When the new rider came back round he said that it hadn’t been that helpful as there had obviously been a change of sponsor since the old hand had been round and there’s no ‘u’ in Yokohama!
:lol::lol::lol:

Back