Monza made my day - or not

• Thread starter Herrybo79
  • 17 comments
Germany
Germany
I am Sad...
A32D3930-7EC4-49A4-8AFE-2356C856F2A7.jpeg
A32D3930-7EC4-49A4-8AFE-2356C856F2A7.jpeg

I don't know what PD is trying to achieve. Monza isn't any cleaner and people attempting the track are all over the place now. DR and SR might as well be random, just as the penalties seem to be... Just got 10 sec for getting rammed in the apex in T1, which is negative SR for the race no matter how clean the rest of the race is.

At least it shouldn't be too hard to climb back up. I'm currently at 52, was down to 40 before. Living dangerously. Down to 40K DR atm. Monza is a roulette wheel where in the end the house always wins.

Rip
I don't know what PD is trying to achieve. Monza isn't any cleaner and people attempting the track are all over the place now. DR and SR might as well be random, just as the penalties seem to be... Just got 10 sec for getting rammed in the apex in T1, which is negative SR for the race no matter how clean the rest of the race is.

At least it shouldn't be too hard to climb back up. I'm currently at 52, was down to 40 before. Living dangerously. Down to 40K DR atm. Monza is a roulette wheel where in the end the house always wins.

Keep speaking the truth!

I had a nightmare at Monza yesterday, qualified 3rd, was all set for a good race and then after the start, zooming up to the 1st chicane my controller battery died and I cascaded through the chicane, clipping the 2nd place guy, got reset and frantically switched controllers and waited until the field had passed as it spawned me back at the start of the chicane :banghead: I had a 40 second penalty that was already counting down and a message came up saying serve the penalty in a set amount of time, I cleared the penalty with 5 seconds to spare but it still disqualified me :crazy:

I was able to eek away with 1 clean race from Monza last night but it wasn't easy and the race prior was a train wreck. I didn't bother qualifying because I didn't want to be in the middle of the log jam. Unfortunately, casually passing a bunch of angry chicane victims isn't how you make friends so I had a rear pack of weirdos ramming and weave blocking for their 10th place dominance throughout that race.

Anybody running along in the inside towards turn 1 should just get DQ'd from the outset. It's just gross seeing people drive 3 wide into that chicane all the time.

I was able to eek away with 1 clean race from Monza last night but it wasn't easy and the race prior was a train wreck. I didn't bother qualifying because I didn't want to be in the middle of the log jam. Unfortunately, casually passing a bunch of angry chicane victims isn't how you make friends so I had a rear pack of weirdos ramming and weave blocking for their 10th place dominance throughout that race.

Anybody running along in the inside towards turn 1 should just get DQ'd from the outset. It's just gross seeing people drive 3 wide into that chicane all the time.

The idiots dont miss a single daily race at Monza. I raced there once yesterday, chose not to qualify because I dont want to be involved in the 1st chicane fiasco. I will never understand why people think the first chicane is a good place to pass. Then you have people running thru the grass after Lesmos and clipping whoever may be in their way, I can see the need to stay in the gas because Im sure they think they still stand a great chance at winning a 4 lap race where they have gone off twice just on the first lap so far. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I have noticed racing in the US region seems to be much better in the morning. At Interlagos for daily race C this morning nobody tried any ridiculous moves thru the first corner, everyone stayed single file until everyone got settled in. This never happens in the evening that I have been witness to, at least not down here in B/S where I live.

I just don't get this not qualifying to stay out of trouble. You should qualify well and go out of sight. Mid pack is also good coz you just play the waiting game and pounce when the chance comes.

3-4 races i started 6,7 or 8th and easily finished 2,3 and 4th. Got 3 clean races as well.

I just don't get this not qualifying to stay out of trouble. You should qualify well and go out of sight. Mid pack is also good coz you just play the waiting game and pounce when the chance comes.

3-4 races i started 6,7 or 8th and easily finished 2,3 and 4th. Got 3 clean races as well.
on tracks where T1 is horrendous it's best to not have anyone in a position where they can rearend or divebomb you

Sad but effective

I only play for 1 or 2 hours a day so if a race is about to start in 1 minute, then I just jump into it going for a basic clean racing line.

I didn't qualify at first for Interlagos over the weekend, and went from last (16th) to a lowest finishing position of 9th over a good set of races. I think i finished as high as 4th in one race.

I then decided to do a qualifying lap, and started the next race on pole and was quickly dumped to 5th by a punter by turn 4. Thankfully, the punters couldn't help themselves, took each other out, and I won the race.

For tracks with a notorious T1, I try not to qualify and have a lot more fun racing through the pack for a top half finish. I'd rather go past a knob flying off the track then trying to take me out at every opportunity.

Of a weekday, I get to do roughly 2 races before work, and then just 2, maximum of 3 at lunchtime. I don't really have time to qualify if I want to enjoy racing.

Last edited:
Back