More custom lobby options

• Thread starter MPincombe
  • 18 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
mattnufc7
I think we need to see more options for lobby hosts to set up their own championships. We are having to do manual rolling starts to get any sort of decent strategy going from the start.

I'd like to see:

1. Different tyre wear options per compound

The tyre compounds are pretty unbalanced in GT Sport, I'd like to see each available tyre compound to use have it's own wear settings, for example you could have a hard tyre that never wears, set it to x1 for example then have a medium tyre that wears x4 or x5, there is a too bigger gap atm and this could solve it

2. The option to set the repair time for each piece of the car.

Now to me 6 seconds to repair the engine is pretty silly, and when you are doing a 2-3 hour race, 6 seconds is nothing. I'd like to see the host have the option to set the repair times, for example you could have each aero part taking 10 seconds to fix, the suspension 20 seconds and the engine 30 seconds

3. Restrict fuel tank size

A lot of championships run their own BoP but are limited to only being able to choose the weight and power of their selected cars, what if they could limit the fuel tank size to make every car more even on fuel?

I've also noticed that refuelling time has disappeared from lobby options since the last update, that was one option we had to actually make our races more unique but now I presume it's stuck on 7l/s which is what it is for FIA

I think we need to see more options for lobby hosts to set up their own championships. We are having to do manual rolling starts to get any sort of decent strategy going from the start.

I'd like to see:

1. Different tyre wear options per compound

The tyre compounds are pretty unbalanced in GT Sport, I'd like to see each available tyre compound to use have it's own wear settings, for example you could have a hard tyre that never wears, set it to x1 for example then have a medium tyre that wears x4 or x5, there is a too bigger gap atm and this could solve it

2. The option to set the repair time for each piece of the car.

Now to me 6 seconds to repair the engine is pretty silly, and when you are doing a 2-3 hour race, 6 seconds is nothing. I'd like to see the host have the option to set the repair times, for example you could have each aero part taking 10 seconds to fix, the suspension 20 seconds and the engine 30 seconds

3. Restrict fuel tank size

A lot of championships run their own BoP but are limited to only being able to choose the weight and power of their selected cars, what if they could limit the fuel tank size to make every car more even on fuel?

I've also noticed that refuelling time has disappeared from lobby options since the last update, that was one option we had to actually make our races more unique but now I presume it's stuck on 7l/s which is what it is for FIA

Any additional lobby options would be great and long long overdue.

Even though most of your suggestions have never been an option in any GT game I would still welcome anything to make it less restrictive.

But for right now I would be overjoyed if PD would just put in every lobby option from GT6.

Any additional lobby options would be great and long long overdue.

Even though most of your suggestions have never been an option in any GT game I would still welcome anything to make it less restrictive.

But for right now I would be overjoyed if PD would just put in every lobby option from GT6.

For sure, I can't remember what those lobby options from GT6 were though

You missed one of the biggest and most simple additions.....allow one make races!

Yep I did and it is simple, I don't know why it hasn't been implemented

1. Your example seems a little odd to me. The Hards already last longer then the medium's. I'll have to try it to see what you mean.

2. I find that almost no one likes Heavy damage when hosting MP lobbies.

3. You can control how much fuel drivers start a race with. A little testing and you may be surprised that you can come up with a decent setting that impacts strategy.

A setting for specific car to set up one make races is needed.

I'd also like to see a way to allow multi class racing with BoP settings for each class.

1. Your example seems a little odd to me. The Hards already last longer then the medium's. I'll have to try it to see what you mean.

3. You can control how much fuel drivers start a race with. A little testing and you may be surprised that you can come up with a decent setting that impacts strategy.

I'd also like to see a way to allow multi class racing with BoP settings for each class.

1. Yes the hards last longer but they still don't last long enough compared with the other tyres, it's not balanced how long they last compared with what speed you lose from the mediums

2. Every league I've raced in has used heavy damage

3. Yeah you can control it for the whole grid but you can't control it for every individual car or what they put in at the pitstop

I'd like to see the tire model wear rate updated or as the OP suggested, made adjustable. But that might not be the real problem. I hate that the tire choice is largely just simply to choosing the fastest tire and pit when needed. I think the real issue here is the time lost on pit road it too short. Ingress and egress appears to be a little shortened. If you really lost 25 - 30 seconds pitting, it would make more sense to stay out at a lowered pace. But now, with pit stops only costing roughly 15-18 seconds (for tires only), its almost a no-brainer. Note, the fuel flow rate can be used to balance that, but I think that's more of a Band-Aid.

I'd like to see the tire model wear rate updated or as the OP suggested, made adjustable. But that might not be the real problem. I hate that the tire choice is largely just simply to choosing the fastest tire and pit when needed. I think the real issue here is the time lost on pit road it too short. Ingress and egress appears to be a little shortened. If you really lost 25 - 30 seconds pitting, it would make more sense to stay out at a lowered pace. But now, with pit stops only costing roughly 15-18 seconds (for tires only), its almost a no-brainer. Note, the fuel flow rate can be used to balance that, but I think that's more of a Band-Aid.

Well that's the thing though, the fuel flow rate has disappeared as an option.

I agree the pit stops are too quick for most tracks, tracks like Catalunya and Fuji take forever to pit and some tracks like Kyoto and Autopolis are really quick. For some series of cars a quick pit stop suits but for most the pit stops are too quick, maybe it should be one man per side of the car to slow the pit stops down rather than these almost F1 style pit stops that we have

For sure, I can't remember what those lobby options from GT6 were though

I don't remember them all either but here are a few that I do remember.

1. Qualifying.. we finally got this in the last update.

2. In GT6 You can run different compound tires front and rear all race long. GTS only allows this at the beginning of the race once you make a pitstop if forces you to run the same compound.

3. In GT6 you can make it mandatory so everyone must switch tire compounds at every pitstop. Failure to do so adds in a time penalty that cannot be removed.

4. In GT6 you had a host of different car classes you could select. Everything from One makes all the way down to choosing what manufactures you want to allow in your race.

5.GT6 has time of day progression and weather.

Those are just a few I remember.

These all are not necessarily options, but:

- Adjustable race entry/start timer without it blocking players from entering... e.g Minimum of 30sec free time when people can still adjust, change car etc. Like in GT6!

- Able to tune setups while in the pits; make enter button useful.

- 'Activity icons' for garage, settings and driving options aswell. Just to see wheter a player is AFK or not. Also would make rooms look more lively. Like in GT6!

- Option to ban detuning, wished since GT5 and block/allow only certain tuning adjustments like transmission.

- Able to quickly copy FIA/Sport mode settings; like correct max tire set for each car class, penalties/ghosting, assists, boost etc.
· 'Race for real' forced realistic
tyres for each class, real slipstream etc.
· 'Race for fun' no tire limit, free boost/slipstream adjust.​
---

Open lobby list:

- Option to filter off rooms by 'unticking' multiple options like:
· tires in use, no F1 or drift tyres
· tracks like SSRX, rally, oval
· Car classes e.g Gr.X, Gr1​

- An option to 'force restart room', without loosing all the players, if it's even possible in reality. I mean, hosts often change tracks to 'temporarily fix' bugs caused by bad connection, so instead the host could have an option to lead them to new room, either forcing or by sending automatic invites. (It's common that the host wont create a new lag-free room because of the risk of loosing all the drivers)

Last edited:

It would seem to me if people dont like heavy damage it's because they like full contact racing. I would rather race with full damage, without damage on you are basically going as fast as you can out of the gate until you hit a wall, kinda like the current F1 racing with massive run-off, there is no more penalty for a mistake.

Back