More drift laps please.

  • Thread starter Thread starter dorihako133
  • 13 comments
  • 1,224 views
Messages
63
Messages
dorihako
Hi all , just wondering where you guys practice drifting.
Not which track but in single race or in drift mode? In time trial you cant tune the car but you can do many laps.
All i want is to tune the car have choice of tyres and do as many laps as i want.

I find it very anoying that in drift mode there is no free run option
and can only do 1 lap and its finished unless you go backwards for a while then go forwards.

perhaps the update will solve this with more tyre choice in time trial mode but still cant tune suspension and power and since i dont have my ps3 on the internet (satelite sucks!) thats no help to me.

Anyone else feel the same?
 
Hi Dorihako133,

Same frustrations here.... what I do is tune my cars in drift trial on the Reverse Eiger course but run it backwards so that I get unlimited laps. But every course is different and requires abit of tweaking for optimal drifting performance. No other options that I can think of aside from that & online free run.

Cheers.
 
"Same frustrations here.... what I do is tune my cars in drift trial on the Reverse Eiger course but run it backwards so that I get unlimited laps."

Yeah it seems to be the only way ,hopefully PD wil address this soon since driving a course backwards isnt a great option since the racing line and gear indicators are backwards :sick: such an easy thing to include yet they didnt
 
Last edited:
"Same frustrations here.... what I do is tune my cars in drift trial on the Reverse Eiger course but run it backwards so that I get unlimited laps."

Yeah it seems to be the only way ,hopefully PD wil address this soon since driving a course backwards isnt a great option since the racing line and gear indicators are backwards :sick: such an easy thing to include yet they didnt

I turn off the driving lines anyway and ignore the gear change indicators... they're more for grip racing anyway and doesn't really apply to drifting.
 
Good news guys..now you can choose from n1-s2 tires in time trial.
 
Good news guys..now you can choose from n1-s2 tires in time trial.

Thanks for info on the update , still cant tune cars in time trial mode though?
that is better but still needs work.

on another note is there no drift settings depot anymore?
As you guys had with gt4.
I have been using grip set ups for drift lately they work ok for some some cars or do i need to learn to tune myself ?
sometimes its hard to pick what need adjusting. sorry to go off topic but didnt think this was worth another post.
 
Thanks for info on the update , still cant tune cars in time trial mode though?
that is better but still needs work.

on another note is there no drift settings depot anymore?
As you guys had with gt4.
I have been using grip set ups for drift lately they work ok for some some cars or do i need to learn to tune myself ?
sometimes its hard to pick what need adjusting. sorry to go off topic but didnt think this was worth another post.

No, you can't tune your car in time trial. I think it's better this way because then it would become unfair (people with the best setups would have the advantage)
 
No, you can't tune your car in time trial. I think it's better this way because then it would become unfair (people with the best setups would have the advantage)

I dont mean i want tuning in time trial just free run in drift mode for tunning and practice.
 
I dont mean i want tuning in time trial just free run in drift mode for tunning and practice.

Oh...well drift mode is exactly the same as it was before.
 
I drift in online events mainly...

Ive drifted with Team-mixi the gang of JPN drifters who skills are epic :crazy:
I need a wheel...

If I cant drift I head over to the drift mode and go reverse until I perfect the course.

But you really should have internet!!!
 
I need a wheel
But you really should have internet!!!

Yeah im in the opistite situation to you i have a DFP but satelite internet is no good for gaming ,curse you Australia and your horrible internet connections!
I wanna drift with you guys online so bad , anyway back to my backwards laps haha.
 
Yeah im in the opistite situation to you i have a DFP but satelite internet is no good for gaming ,curse you Australia and your horrible internet connections!
I wanna drift with you guys online so bad , anyway back to my backwards laps haha.

I would be soooo pissed off If I had no online at all...
Hope you find a way to get online 👍
 
i dont drift in the actaul drift mode,

mostly time trial,
just select the same tires , then its no problem.
 
i dont drift in the actaul drift mode,

mostly time trial,
just select the same tires , then its no problem.

Not if you want to tune your cars suspension, power, weight etc.
 
Back