More G923 trouble (LOGITECH SUPPORT NIGHTMARE)

• Thread starter Izain
  • 6 comments
United States
IL
kampaizake
So my G27/Drivehub setup playing Sport on the PS4 just gave out after a while and I bought a G923. Worked fine with both.

Fast forward, score PS5, playing non-driving things waiting for GT7. Plug in G923 and the PS5 doesn't see it. Install GHub, PC can not see the 923 either. The wheel knows when it's plugged in because you get the auto calibrate each time, but the thing it's plugged into can't see it. Found a vid about GHub permissions, tweaked the current.json and still Ghub sees nothing. Plug back into PS4, now THAT can't see it either. Contact Ltech support, I have already tried literally every single thing they tell me to try. Still under warranty, they kindly ship me a new unit.

Plug new unit into PS5, yay! I start GT7, do some licenses, daily workout.

Next day, plug in again, PS5 can not see the wheel. Plug into PC, GHub can not see the wheel. Plug into PS4 instantly get asked which profile is using this controller, can browse through PS4 interface with just the 923. Try PS5 and PC again, nothing.

Someone or something is going through a window soon. It may be me.

So my G27/Drivehub setup playing Sport on the PS4 just gave out after a while and I bought a G923. Worked fine with both.

Fast forward, score PS5, playing non-driving things waiting for GT7. Plug in G923 and the PS5 doesn't see it. Install GHub, PC can not see the 923 either. The wheel knows when it's plugged in because you get the auto calibrate each time, but the thing it's plugged into can't see it. Found a vid about GHub permissions, tweaked the current.json and still Ghub sees nothing. Plug back into PS4, now THAT can't see it either. Contact Ltech support, I have already tried literally every single thing they tell me to try. Still under warranty, they kindly ship me a new unit.

Plug new unit into PS5, yay! I start GT7, do some licenses, daily workout.

Next day, plug in again, PS5 can not see the wheel. Plug into PC, GHub can not see the wheel. Plug into PS4 instantly get asked which profile is using this controller, can browse through PS4 interface with just the 923. Try PS5 and PC again, nothing.

Someone or something is going through a window soon. It may be me.
I am using 923 with driveforce shifter on my ps5. No issues to report. Works every time i turn on the system and start GT7. Are you pressing the PS button on the wheel to "activate"?

Last edited:
I am using 923 with driveforce shifter on my ps5. No issues to report. Works every time i turn on the system and start GT7. Are you pressing the PS button on the wheel to "activate"?
Yup. Press the ps button and nothing happens. On ps5 or pc for that matter.

And now its not working on the ps4 either. I plug it in and it immediately spins and pegs all thecway right. You can try to rotate the wheel left and the motor resists like you might expect, but release it and it pegs right again, and the buttons dont respond.

That is odd. You said you had a replacement, is this the replacement? Do you have one on the way?

Yeah, this is the replacement. The 0c and ps5 dont see the replacment either: the only difference is that the ps4 sees the wheel as an active controller, but it spins it all the way right and wont respond to anything else. I may mess with that situation separately, but the goal is still getting it working on the ps5. Logi support is still sending me in circles reinstalling the Ghub app etc.

Maybe its time for a Thrustmaster

Izain I wish your problem has been resolved. Gezz that is some "support" there LOL. I good read (from your hyperlink) for a laugh!

Back