More GT3?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT Obsession
  • 29 comments
  • 1,182 views
Messages
43
I was wondering. With the coming of GT4 in the near future, do you all find yourselves playing more of GT3 than you usually do? After all the reading and checking out of screenshots on GT4, I find myself playing GT3 for several hours a day, which is much more than I ever used to. It has almost become an obsession if you can call it that.
 
Nope, I play GT3 less now than I used to. I don't find the actual races the exiting and I don't have the time to spend ages tweaking a car to get the fastest times on certain tracks like I used to.
 
Same, I normally play GT3 for an hour or so a week, just a bit here and there - Lately after seeing/reading all the GT4 stuff I've been playing whenever I can.

Edit: Saying that, I'm not doing any racing like I normally would, just Free Run's on Trial Mtn & Seattle. Always using the 400r. Hmm...
 
i blow the dust off gt3 when: -

Theres a major announcement about gt4 that puts me in the mood.

I got my widescreen

I got my DFP wheel

apart from that i may have a small blast now and again randomly
 
since i got my hands on GT4p all my other GT games are all covered by alotta dust.
 
Well, when I first got GT3, I used to play it nonstop. After while it became tedious to do 10 lap Pro races all the time, so I threw in the towel. With all this uprising of GT4 info, I get into that racing mood again and start playing and trying new things to make the game more interesting.
 
No, I almost never play it. If it wasn't for going for a second Day 229, I would never play it. I guess I played it too much, and got realy bored with the courses.
 
When I got Prologue I played it for ages and nothing else........but reciently I have started to play GT3 again to get some more GT stuff into me to feed my hunger for GT4.....I want it now!
 
I tried to get back into GT3 but just got bored. Haven't played any GT for some time now, if I were I would play GTC over GT : P, because I find the cars more entertaining.
 
i only bought my ps2 a month back (got a bargain on the satin silver ps2), thinking i would play it all the time... lol how wrong i was. ive probably played it 5 times.. lol ohwell it comes in handy when im very bored.
 
Since I don't have GTC or GTP, I'm having to settle with GT3 just to feed my hunger for some GT action, as robin states it.
 
Yeah I also play GT3 abit. I think its just the boredem of GT4P and the inability to tune. Although I havent been playing the game like I used to, I do play it abit. I wish there had been some sort of tunability of the cars on GT4P.....
 
Just completed two 2 hour endurance races but i'm not sure if GT4 has prompted this. Competed(not all golds) GT4p but
I wish there had been some sort of tunability of the cars on GT4P.....
 
I went back way back I started to Play GT2 just so I can play all the diffrent cars. (i had to buy it again)
 
For me, GT4 inspired me to play GT3 even more. I'm practicing for GT4.
 
I restarted my game awhile back, now I need to get 100% back before GT4 gets released.
 
Yes, that's pretty funny because I haven't played GT3 for about 2 months,yet for the past 2 weeks, that's all I play. :p
 
If I get the new wheel before the relase of GT4 then I will play it, otherwise I won't. If you asked me GT2 had way better cars, actually there was like arround 500 cars. More than in GT3. GT3 doesn't have much cars. Just ''tuned'' but not ''regular'' cars like in Gt2. Golf with little ''horsepower'' etcc.

But sometimes I wish to play it and then I do. Like when I watch Formula 1 and I wish to play Formula. Informations concerning GT4 only gets my desire hyer...
But I will have to borrow it because I didn't buy the game. This one I will. The reason why not is above. Not so much cars and the interest at the time wasn't bigg. Now it's enormus.
 
What 'Tin K' said more 'regular cars' and used cars would make me play GT3 more.
 
Yeah with all this news of GT4, I have been playing GT3 more, trying to get all the cars and 100%. Right now, I'm at about 77%
 
I play from time to time. But the traks in gt3 are boring me. But ya i have been playing it more then I used to.
 
GT4 prologue not being available in Canada, GT3 is the only way for me to be prapared for GT4.
I have to admit that frequenting GtPlanet motivated me to fire GT3 again
 
I restarted my game after hearing more news about GT4 and now am playing as much as I used to, but doing more trying to get golds and best lap times instead of winning races.
 
I play a fair bit because I compete in the WRS. I play for myself occasionally and I've finally gotten the skills to gold license tests, completed B, A and IB so far.
 
I have played GT3 almost every day for nearly 3 years. Except for about 3 weeks which were spent away from home and 1 week last Christmas when I played GT1.
If I feel a sense of boredome approaching I set myself a new challange.
Like re-doing the license tests to gold level. The more you do them the faster you get.
 
Gt3 is too damn boring, all I play on my ps2 atm is virtua fighter 4 evo and gt4p, atm most of my gaming is pc and xbox until gt4 comes out. :)
 
I haven't played GT3 since i bought Prologue, and i haven't played any Gran Turismo game for about three weeks. The TV i use to play PS2 stuff on blew up over a week ago which left me no choice but to pack up the PS2 and put it in its box. :(
 
i've been replaying GT3 like mad... trying to finish it off by getting all golds (1 to go!!!) and collect all the cars... i had sold a lot of them off in my first go round... since there's no prologue for us, i have to get my skills in shape as much as i can so i don't get trounced by everyone else who's been playing prologue.
 
I shelved GT3 for months already. I played it almost everyday for months and months after it came out. Crushed the game. Conducted countless tournaments and it got old. :(
 
Gran Turismo 3, to me, is the ultimate way to get ready for GT4. I play it a time or two nowadays. Other than that, I'm typing up threads and replies for GTPlanet. But if you ask me, more GT3 is not for me. I often play Gran Turismos 1, 2, and 3. Why? I'm a GT Veteran. Have to get all tuned up and ready to play on game day. That game day will be me playing GT4 one month, then seeing the pack get OWN3D by my driving finesse the next month. Of course, I don't care about online play, so don't expect to see your boy John (me) online strapped into a Toyota GT-One or McLaren F1. I think you can be able to view online games, but I have crappy (but reliable) dial-up.

People will have their own opinions, but in order to get into the upcoming GT, you'll have to play some of the past ones. Gran Turismo 1 actually had some of the best menu music even if it was a little dull compared to today. Darin and I talked about this once on MSN Messenger. The TVR theme was probably the coolest one, with Aston Martin's theme at the bottom of the ranks. The Honda/Acura theme was great as well. I think if GT4 menus had a mix of melodic jazz and hardcore trance, the music would be cool. I go to Gran Turismo 2 to remind me of how far it's come from GT1. As you may know, I consider GT2 the worst one so far because of so many ideas scattered about and actually being SLOWER than GT1. But the cars and tracks combined are enough for any speed freak to come back to GT2. The rally experience wasn't as exciting even though it had my favorite rally track in my favorite style- Smokey Mountain North. GT3 paved the front stretch, and I kind of hated that. Then comes GT3. GT3 is the combination of lessons learned from GTs 1 and 2, just made more beautiful and more challenging. But I sometimes play GT3 anymore. But for any GT fan, play the past two first, then GT3 to appreciate where GT4 is going. Then wait for the PS3 and play GTs 1-4 on your PS2 in anticipation for GT5.
 
Back