More GTP_driver races with fixed Racestart-times (every 15 minutes).

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chrasher
  • 58 comments
  • 4,254 views
I tried the viper challenge tonight in 15min intervals - perfect. 15 mins gets my vote 👍
 
I agree with both sides here (10 or 15 minutes). 10 is very close if people wanna make setup changes or change cars and 15 is to much. The people who don't change anything will just sit there doing nothing for 5 or 6 minutes.
When we organize races in the chat and there is a delay, I usually just hot lap a couple of times. It helps me stay warmed up and also gives me time to tweak my setup. Although constant races are great, the down-time helps me to be more prepared.
 
15 min is good. If you want to race more you can sync on xx:00 and xx:30 and drive two races in between (instead of xx:15 and xx:45), tried this yesterday in Fuj600i and the timing was perfect.
 
15 min is good. If you want to race more you can sync on xx:00 and xx:30 and drive two races in between (instead of xx:15 and xx:45), tried this yesterday in Fuj600i and the timing was perfect.

Yes, it works for Fuji 600pp, but for Suzuka 600pp 10 minutes is not working.

If it's a good race on xx:00H (many GTP-drivers), sometimes I wil try directly afterwards, but in most cases the grid is very different that time.
Another problem for me is I'm about 95% host for a race. If I'm joining a race with only punters it is possible to bail out and try again, but when I'm host I will always stay untill the end or untill I am the last one driving.
 
Well so far the closet its come to working for me is a race I had yesterday with 7 GT5Net drivers... Hmmm, not quite what I was after. Good race though, I hope I put in a good show.

As far as racing other GTP drivers, I've not raced any since this timed interval thing started lol.
 
Yes, I ment that I will follow the 00;15;30;45 -code, but if you have the need to get more races, just sync at :00 and :30 and between those "official GTP_races" :D, you have time for 2 other races...

EVERYBODY; make sure your ps3-clock is set "via internet" ...just to be sure. 👍
 
As far as racing other GTP drivers, I've not raced any since this timed interval thing started lol.

Hmmm, that was very bad luck for you. In all my races yesterday evening there were a minimum of 2 GTP-racers with a positive exception of 6 in one race.
That race (600pp Fuji) was a stunner btw, with 6 GTP-drivers, 4 GT5NET one GTRP and one other guy all in the VIPER SRT10. Man that grid was awesome! :bowdown: I think I finished third that race, but I was screeming in joy afterwards. ;):lol:
 
Hmmm, that was very bad luck for you. In all my races yesterday evening there were a minimum of 2 GTP-racers with a positive exception of 6 in one race.
That race (600pp Fuji) was a stunner btw, with 6 GTP-drivers, 4 GT5NET one GTRP and one other guy all in the VIPER SRT10. Man that grid was awesome! :bowdown: I think I finished third that race, but I was screeming in joy afterwards. ;):lol:

Yeah, it was a scheduled Viper Cup race, you ended up in a fair few :)

That was one brilliant race.
 
yall should be using teamspeak then you can organize it so yall join at same time.
 
One way could be to do it like this:

#1 - xx:00
#2 - xx:05
#3 - xx:10

#1 - xx:15
#2 - xx:20
#3 - xx:25

#1 - xx:30
#2 - xx:35
#3 - xx:40

#1 - xx:45
#2 - xx:50
#3 - xx:55

So the "OFFICIAL" GTP_ "groups" would start every 5 mins. (so no waiting for 14min. when starting to play) And if you´re not lucky, just change the group. #3-->#2-->#1

I copied this from the Trackday Meeting thread as you may have noticed... :lol:

?
 
At the moment I think there are too few GTP drivers online for 5 minutes racestarts.
 
This is a great idea... I hardly ever run into GTP players online. :grumpy:
 
At the moment I think there are too few GTP drivers online for 5 minutes racestarts.

You might be right there, and probably are... (hopefully, just at the moment) Just saying that if we ALL would know this five minute "rule", that would also increase the possibility to meet GTP´ers.

And I suggested this only because usually I don´t have the patience to wait over 4mins to start a race...:) As there is too few (can´t get enough!) GTP_members at the moment racing online, I always (try to) follow the 00;15;30;45 -code (and hope we all do), but it´s just like an addition to that rule. Like the "next best thing" if you don´t have the time, or patiance to wait to hit a quarter hour, the next best thing to do is to go with a fiver... And as I said, if you are not lucky, join the primary group (#1) that circles through

xx:00-xx:15-xx:30-xx:45

and just for the record:

#2nd group is xx:05-xx:20-xx:35-xx:50
#3 group is xx:10-xx:25-xx:40-xx:55

Actually, the fact that there ARE so few of us, made me think of this...
;) 👍

-Timppaq

 
You might be right there, and probably are... (hopefully, just at the moment) Just saying that if we ALL would know this five minute "rule", that would also increase the possibility to meet GTP´ers.

And I suggested this only because usually I don´t have the patience to wait over 4mins to start a race...:) As there is too few (can´t get enough!) GTP_members at the moment racing online, I always (try to) follow the 00;15;30;45 -code (and hope we all do), but it´s just like an addition to that rule. Like the "next best thing" if you don´t have the time, or patiance to wait to hit a quarter hour, the next best thing to do is to go with a fiver... And as I said, if you are not lucky, join the primary group (#1) that circles through

xx:00-xx:15-xx:30-xx:45

and just for the record:

#2nd group is xx:05-xx:20-xx:35-xx:50
#3 group is xx:10-xx:25-xx:40-xx:55

Actually, the fact that there ARE so few of us, made me think of this...
;) 👍

-Timppaq


That is a solid plan, it does open up more opportunity for those that really are just impatient. Like me :)

Good thinking Timppaq 👍
 
good idea. last was trying to start on to start on quarter hour, but could not hook up with anyone.
 
Where do you lot go i never see you online!!
 
suz 600 (pal) I´ll join at xx:20 ;)
 
i always get paired up with GTP racers. but then again i do play around 1200-1600. use the chat, it works well.
 
You might be right there, and probably are... (hopefully, just at the moment) Just saying that if we ALL would know this five minute "rule", that would also increase the possibility to meet GTP´ers.

And I suggested this only because usually I don´t have the patience to wait over 4mins to start a race...:) As there is too few (can´t get enough!) GTP_members at the moment racing online, I always (try to) follow the 00;15;30;45 -code (and hope we all do), but it´s just like an addition to that rule. Like the "next best thing" if you don´t have the time, or patiance to wait to hit a quarter hour, the next best thing to do is to go with a fiver... And as I said, if you are not lucky, join the primary group (#1) that circles through

xx:00-xx:15-xx:30-xx:45

and just for the record:

#2nd group is xx:05-xx:20-xx:35-xx:50
#3 group is xx:10-xx:25-xx:40-xx:55

Actually, the fact that there ARE so few of us, made me think of this...
;) 👍

-Timppaq

Great idea, Timppaq. I'm with you that 14 minutes can be too long to wait if you've just logged because you simply had to race. I'll follow the schedule with the idea being that the most desirable races are the group 1 races.
 
i think 10 minutes is the best for suzuka it took almost exactly 10mins to finish so i paired with the same drivers each race
 
I want to thank everybody for the support on the specific race-start times. Had some awesome races the last couple of days, especially today! 👍 👍

I'm sticking with the 15 minute schedule for the moment, seeing many fellow GTP_racers adopting the same strategie. Keep up the good work and thanks for the much better online experience. :)
 
I want to thank everybody for the support on the specific race-start times. Had some awesome races the last couple of days, especially today! 👍 👍

I'm sticking with the 15 minute schedule for the moment, seeing many fellow GTP_racers adopting the same strategie. Keep up the good work and thanks for the much better online experience. :)

Today's racing has been very good, Ive seen loads of GTP members. I like the 15 minute schedule. :)
 
👍 - UP - 👍 (good to know, thing)
 
May I thank everybody here on the forum on the success we (still) have, increasing the odds racing against each other in GT5P. 👍

I read some complains in other forums about the lack of opponents in online GT5P racing, with starting grids of 5 people or less at PAL Prime playing times. My experience is always a grid of 8-12(full) when I stick to the xx:15 starting times.

I like the fact that most other racing communities are already adapting to the same start-times, so it's a big success! :D
 
Yes, this has been a great invention! 👍 :bowdown:
 
yes an excellent way of avoiding all those tags:crazy:
 
Back