More laps sports mode

• Thread starter Tucciix
  • 6 comments
England
England
Tucciix
zGeeek
Watching how everybody struggles with sr ratings in sports mode, i would love to see 25-30 minute races on longers tracks being the norm. That would give a chance for people starting in the bumper car middle position to maybe catch up the leads if they were fast enough and mistakes were being made in front.

Whould anybody else welcome more laps and longer tracks on sport mode?

Certainly at least five laps on the longer tracks and ten on the shorter ones. About the right balance for having good repeat races and there's always the next race coming up again shortly whenever you have a bad one.

I'm probably talking on behalf of most here, but PD really need to change the daytime settings to early afternoon because the current evening sunset ones that are mostly used just make visibility unnecessarily hard. Many, including myself keep making unnecessary mistakes because of this. The sunsets might be all nice and romantic, but it just isn't practical for a racing sim where visibility is still nothing like as good as reality yet. And if you were turn up and do real racing, it's most likely going to be in the early afternoon, where the weather at Brands or the Ring is going to be overcast, or if it's Interlagos, blazing sunlight or overcast or....wet.

Whould anybody else welcome more laps and longer tracks on sport mode?

Yup, absolutely, with tire and fuel consumption, pit stops, and car damage, if there even is such a thing!

I'm cool with the existence of the short events we currently have, but I think PD also needs to add some events for people who want more authentic races.

PD really need to change the daytime settings to early afternoon

They should just randomize it, in my opinion. If I'm going to do the same race a couple of times per day, it would be nice to at least have the daytime be variable.

it would be good to see some longer options, 15-20 minutes works pretty well, long enough to introduce some tyre wear and fuel consumption shenanigans ;)

45 minutes is about the longest I would go, I start to loose focus after that :odd:

The tools are in for them to make it happen, let us hope they use them soon!

I’ve stopped playing Sport mode. Already bored of the same three tracks over and over again. Thank goodness we have lobby racing. Found a group of skilled drivers and joined their closed community for some enjoyable racing. No kids ramming you or going wide on every corner because they haven’t got a clue what a proper racing lines is or how to use their brakes.

Yup, absolutely, with tire and fuel consumption, pit stops, and car damage, if there even is such a thing!

I'm cool with the existence of the short events we currently have, but I think PD also needs to add some events for people who want more authentic races.

They should just randomize it, in my opinion. If I'm going to do the same race a couple of times per day, it would be nice to at least have the daytime be variable.

Needing pit stops would be epic too. Especially with tyre wear and fuel consumption. But the races definitely need to be longer for that. And theres always lobby races for short races anyway so that option would always be there for people but longer races for the "ranked" mode which is sport. It is a "sim" game after all :) and a random weather/time of day would be very nice too.

Back