More Say in digital content please?

As a loyal FMS fan since the first games, I'm sure I can speak for a lot of fans when I say we should have some input in the monthly DLC. Don't get me wrong, a lot of the packs have been amazing, but many of them haven't. I'm all for having variety in the car in the game, but to an extent. Every month there are a few cars in the dlc that are just out of place. I look at this games original disc content and wonder where are a lot of the newer cars? ex: Jaguar F-Type and C7 Corvette? Yet in the first official DLC pack outside the LaFerrari launch pack we ge an old Maserati, old Impala, and a classic Ferrari that's better served in a museum. I feel as though there should be a post on the main site and have fans vote for a number of cars instead of having IGN or Jalopnik create the packs. Does anyone else agree?

The cars within each pack take months to model. Odds are they already know exactly what each pack is going to contain for FM5. And polls would ruin the game for the people that actually enjoy the classics, since modern "popular" cars would always lead in the polls.

The cars within each pack take months to model. Odds are they already know exactly what each pack is going to contain for FM5. And polls would ruin the game for the people that actually enjoy the classics, since modern "popular" cars would always lead in the polls.
I totally agree with you, my thing is there are just TOO Many Classics in the game. We get an Impala from the 60s before the C7 or Jag F-type like I mentioned before. To me this is a new Gen console and game and neeeds newer tracks as well as newer vehicles.

The licenses for cars aren't just handed out like sweets. It's quite possible the C7 is an exclusive to GT, if not forever then timed. They might also be aiming to gives us the F-Type R Coupe which is only a couple of months old. I'd far prefer we wait for that version than the roadster.

I don't know about you guys, but for me in FM3/4 and now into FM5 DLC, I've often found myself gravitated to one or two cars within the pack right away. However, over the course of the month until the new pack, I often drive the other cars within the pack just to find out what I was missing. In doing so, I often find myself falling in love with a car I otherwise would not have bothered to think about. The clearest example for me was the subaru legacy in FM4 DLC... I thought of that as a super boring commuter car... until I drove it.

I think it's kind of fascinating that we all, as fans of cars, still tend to segregate ourselves into fans of particular car types (muscle, tuner, whatever) and even when given a game that doesn't encourage those typified car choices, people tend to stick to the category they like most. For me I think a game like Forza is great to push myself out of my comfort zone and learn and explore what makes the other types great. For example, I am most interested in european sports sedans I guess, and I am the least familiar with the "tuner" scene. So a game like Forza to me is a chance to learn about what makes that type relevant. I definitely remember picking up the supra in fm5 for one of the mini career things and thinking to myself "oh, I get it!"

I agree on that DLC Legacy, it was one of the few cars to have decent body roll and tuned it was a real hoot.

We've had a 40 Ford, now we have open wheel I hope we get the real hot rod deal and get a 32 roadster to customise to our heart's content.

I would like to have them do a vote as well. Doesn't mean they need to go with the winning vote. It will show the demand there is for a certain vehicle though. So if the C7 rises to the top, go ahead an release a pack with the highly demanded C7, but still throw in those classics with it.

Back