More variations for each track

Something I'd like to happen is for every track to have multiple variations. Most already have normal and reverse, but what if there were early morning tracks with bad light, midday tracks with blinding sun and night-time tracks where the car headlights are actually needed? I'd love to drive the '69 Corvette Stingray round Nurburgring in pitch black, with only my headlights and lights from the little villages/towns in the distance. Anyone else like this, or maybe something along these lines?

All tracks should have this variations:

1- Day
2- Night
3- Dawn
4- Afternoon
5- Morning

and when you select one of those you get to select this weather conditions:

1- Rain
2- Sun

and select the chance of the condition to change over time.

So if you spend enough time racing you’ll be able to see this time transition:
Morning > Day > Afternoon > Night > Dawn

G25RJ

1- Day
2- Night
3- Dawn
4- Afternoon
5- Morning

and when you select one of those you get to select this whether conditions:

1- Rain
2- Sun

I'd rather just have the ability to know the exact time the race starts, and be able to set it in arcade mode and practice, and have the sun and moon (and the lighting) move accordingly.

For weather, there should be:

1- Clear
2- Light Fog
3- Heavy Fog
4- Overcast
5- Overcast w/Chance of Showers
6- Rainy
7- Snowy (special conditions only)

Bee
chicanes in the test track!!

All the cars would end up looking like your avatar.. :)

I think time options would be neat. When you select a track, a little box pops up (like before Arcade races in GT4 when you select your car), where it gives you options for weather (clear, overcast, rain, snow, windy, etc) and time of day (morning, mid-day, evening, night), along with the usual things like normal/reverse. Perhaps a choice of rolling/standing start might be nice, too.

G25RJ

1- Day
2- Night
3- Dawn
4- Afternoon
5- Morning

and when you select one of those you get to select this whether conditions:

1- Rain
2- Sun

I absolutely agree with you.

I'd far rather they did this, than waste game disk space on car damage.
Oh, and lets have the REAL original Grand Valley Speedway back, please PD.
In fact lets have ALL previous GT 1,2,3,&4 tracks in GT5, please PD.

Cheers,

Gram.

In addition to normal rain, I think a downpour situation would be cool.... Complete with standing water on the track, and as a result, have your car hydroplane. Kinda unpredictable, though.

I think more details need to be added to the track surface. Your own skidmarks that last the whole race would be nice. I also think that on courses like Seattle or other road courses, bumps/cracks/tar lines on the pavement would add to the realism.

Slicks
I think more details need to be added to the track surface. Your own skidmarks that last the whole race would be nice. I also think that on courses like Seattle or other road courses, bumps/cracks/tar lines on the pavement would add to the realism.

I went into the skidmarks up above.. unless you do a burnout or completely beefcake a corner, there wouldn't be any "skid marks".

As for the cracks in the road.. you'd be surprised how easy it is to completely overlook them. Deep Forest, for one, had a cracked road surface in GT4. Wouldn't surprise me if some of the other tracks had them, too. The problem is, once you're going faster than about 20mph, you can't see them anymore.

I thought this thread was going to be about the different track layouts for some of the real World tracks. For example at Fuji and Infineon there are several different track layouts, but you only get to race on one of them. I'd like to see all of these avialable.

This thread is not only about the different layouts of the tracks but also about the different weather and time variations in too.

Time of day and weather should change accordingly to real circumstances in your locale. Or there could be an option for switching to different modes individually.

I just wanted to see if other people wanted more randomness in the races. Instead of seeing you're going to Trial Mountain and knowing what to expect, you could get there and be racing in pitch black with rain lashing down. Or it could be a beautiful morning with not a cloud in the sky. That sort of stuff could make tyre choices more crucial, if wet tyres were added.

Jedi2016
I went into the skidmarks up above.. unless you do a burnout or completely beefcake a corner, there wouldn't be any "skid marks".

As for the cracks in the road.. you'd be surprised how easy it is to completely overlook them. Deep Forest, for one, had a cracked road surface in GT4. Wouldn't surprise me if some of the other tracks had them, too. The problem is, once you're going faster than about 20mph, you can't see them anymore.

Are you sure you went into the skidmarks thing?? In this thread?? Because I must be missing it.
Just to bring an example of skidmarks from real life, I was watching a Grand-Am series race @ Watkins Glen over the weekend (on TV). During a pace lap, there was a shot of a BMW 3-series swerving back and forth to help raise tire temperatures. You could clearly see the rubber left on the track from that particular car.
Something like this (and for burnouts/lockups/etc) is one of the many things I would like to see in GT5.

Different thread, then.

The point is, if they're going to impliment it, they'd better do it RIGHT, not like that "Lookie, we've got skidmarks!!" crap that Forza did.

Back