Mosler: America's Most Underrated Sports Cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 17 comments
  • 1,113 views

JohnBM01

21 years!
In Memoriam
Messages
26,911
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
Messages
JMarine25
WEBSITE OF MENTION: http://www.constantvelocity.com

Before beginning, if you love Major Leauge Baseball, you are welcome to come on down to my hometown of Houston, TX, USA for the MLB All-Star Game at Minute Maid Park. Come on down.

Mosler, to me, seems to be the most underrated sports car company in America. I mean, I once wanted to call this topic "Most Underrated? Mosler or Panoz?" But I'll probably do something like that in the future. Anyhow, how many of you have heard of the Mosler Raptor? In PC game "Sports Car GT," it was one of the cars in the GT1 ranks. It's powered by a Chevrolet motor that makes well over 500 horsepower. Then you have the Mosler MT900R that led for the first time in the JGTC at Suzuka (2002 Finale). It would later be out of that race. The MT900R even raced the Rolex 24 at Daytona once... either 2002 or 2003, I can't remember. And for you British folk, I hope you enjoy watching the beautiful Mosler MT900Rs in British GT.
 
There was a Mosler MT900 photon in an issue of Autocar a month back, very fast a\nd very nice. I don't know much about what they can acheive in road form compared to cars like the Carrera GT.
 
I don't hate Mosler. It's more of a severe dislike. I just feel like American cars are overtaking (for want of a less punned phrase) a competition designed for true British sports cars. They, rather annoyingly outshine TVR, Lotus, and perhaps Morgan.

Also, why was "Fiddy" Cent able to win a BRIT award huh?

I'd better stop there, I'm turning into T_D. But my point still stands.
I just can't wait until Lister enters Nascar and thrashes everyone. Hah.
 
I love Moslers. I will post pictures and specs if anyone requests.
 
Ultrabeat, I'll have to disagree with you there. Because like Panoz, Mosler is one of those lesser-known car companies here in America. I mean, You hear about GM, Ford, and Daimler-Chrysler in America. But what about the car companies you don't really hear about? That's why sometimes, I like breaking from mainstream and see the world. I got my boy Pimp Racer down in Florida, and the company is based in Florida. I don't think Mosler has been SERIOUSLY successful, but it is a nice diversion from the common American muscle we're well accustomed to. I respect British makes from Rover to McLaren.

In a way, the Mosler MT900 looks like a mid-engined Corvette, but it's much more beautiful than the sexy C5 and the sexier (and maybe even naughty) ZO6. Whew... didn't know cars can be "naughty"... Anyhow, I think it's about time an American firm can step up to the world as American companies have in the past. I mean, Chevy, Ford, and Dodge have stepped up bigtime within the past 50 years. And I think it's time for something out of the norm. Now, the MT900 is powered by a Corvette motor, so anything with a 'vette motor is surely American. And think of the American Mosler in British GT the Audi R8 trying to whip everyone else's butts on track. I mean, don't take Mosler as a "wannabe British sports car maker," but think of them as something out of the ordinary from America. I'm actually proud that America has some true sportscars even the world can appreciate. And I'd say the very same thing even if someone made a $500,000 super car in South Africa or the Tahiti Islands.

I mean, that's my view on Mosler. Not saying it's everyone's view.
 
Mosler is awesome. One of the reputable car magazines did a comparo between the Saleen S7 and the MT900. The Saleen was better in some of the performance categories, but only by fractions, yet the S7 is about twice the cost of an MT900 if not more? :odd: not to mention the Mosler is one of the best looking super cars ever!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:
 
Its great to see some american sports cars being produced that arn't mechanically-outdated 'main-stream' sports cars (corvette, mustangs, vipers etc) or pig-ugly fantasy supercars (go on, stand up Vector) - all america's most famous supercars of the past have basically been of british origin. So bring on the saleens, moslers and panoz - welcome to the party.
 
JohnBM01
Ultrabeat, I'll have to disagree with you there. Because like Panoz, Mosler is one of those lesser-known car companies here in America. I mean, You hear about GM, Ford, and Daimler-Chrysler in America. But what about the car companies you don't really hear about? That's why sometimes, I like breaking from mainstream and see the world. I got my boy Pimp Racer down in Florida, and the company is based in Florida. I don't think Mosler has been SERIOUSLY successful, but it is a nice diversion from the common American muscle we're well accustomed to. I respect British makes from Rover to McLaren.

In a way, the Mosler MT900 looks like a mid-engined Corvette, but it's much more beautiful than the sexy C5 and the sexier (and maybe even naughty) ZO6. Whew... didn't know cars can be "naughty"... Anyhow, I think it's about time an American firm can step up to the world as American companies have in the past. I mean, Chevy, Ford, and Dodge have stepped up bigtime within the past 50 years. And I think it's time for something out of the norm. Now, the MT900 is powered by a Corvette motor, so anything with a 'vette motor is surely American. And think of the American Mosler in British GT the Audi R8 trying to whip everyone else's butts on track. I mean, don't take Mosler as a "wannabe British sports car maker," but think of them as something out of the ordinary from America. I'm actually proud that America has some true sportscars even the world can appreciate. And I'd say the very same thing even if someone made a $500,000 super car in South Africa or the Tahiti Islands.

I mean, that's my view on Mosler. Not saying it's everyone's view.

I see where you're coming from. But I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

And don't get me wrong here, I also respect all American sports cars. Most are fast, or beautiful, or both (with the possible exception of the Chrysler Stratus 2.0;))!

I think on the whole anyway, British and American supercars are pretty much even. Imagine a collaboration!
Styling by Chevrolet,
Handling by Lotus,
Charisma, a joint effort by TVR and Cadillac,
Engine by Daimler-Chrysler
If the Koreans will lend us them, the after sales package by Kia!
Brand heritage by Morgan, Chevrolet, Ford, Marcos and Jaguar.

And we could have a winner on our hands!
 
That's the spirit! Next reply?
 
Styling by Chevrolet,
Handling by Lotus,
Charisma, a joint effort by TVR and Cadillac,
Engine by Daimler-Chrysler
If the Koreans will lend us them, the after sales package by Kia!
Brand heritage by Morgan, Chevrolet, Ford, Marcos and Jaguar.


So you want a Malibu Maxx, that handles well and has the engine reliability of a Mclaren Mercedes MP4/19?

Styling by TVR,
Handling by Lotus,
Charisma, a joint effort by TVR and Morgan,
Engine by TVR
Brand heritage by Lotus
After sales by Lotus (owned by Kia)
Sales Price by Chevrolet?
 
Anyone else want to try?
 
Styling by Lamborgini(sp?)
Handling by Lotus,
Charisma (car's character?) uh... Shelby?
Engine by Chevy
Brand heritage by Mercedes
After sales by Nissan
Sales Price by Chevrolet
 
87chevy
Charisma (car's character?)

Yes.

And we're trying to stick to Anglo-American makers here though.
 
Styling - TVR
Engine - TVR
Handling - TVR
Charisma - TVR
Brand heritage - TVR
After sales - TVR
Price and sales - whoever's cheapest

Wow, I guess my perfect car is a TVR. But don't take this as a bash at anything else but my perfect car actually IS a TVR and I'm a complete TVR fanboy and the first to admit it.
 
Uh, can we go back to talking about Mosler, people?

As I've said, Moslers are sweet sportscars from America. I mean, not a lot of American companies think like Mosler, much less Panoz (Ford-owned or not, they are still a worthy car company in America). That MT900 is powered by a Corvette motor, and if they take the motor and stuff from the upcoming ugliest Corvette of the 21st Century (the C6), that Mosler will have killer horsepower. And maybe they can stage a bigtime sportscar effort if they derive the C5R's Corvette motors into the MT900R.

I mean, we have a sportscar company even the world can be proud of. The taillights are a dead giveaway about a Corvette, but it is a sweet car. I'll look for more Moslers in the future.
 
The tail lights migh be blatantley Corvette but they suit the car. Theres not many Mosler's over here in the UK only a handful and I've only ever seen one at a show a while back (MT900).
 
Moslers are definately not underappreciated in my books 👍

The Mt900 Photon is one of my 'If I were a rich man' must-haves :) Why? casuse they're superleightweight, which I like...
 
JohnBM01
Ultrabeat, I'll have to disagree with you there. Because like Panoz, Mosler is one of those lesser-known car companies here in America. I mean, You hear about GM, Ford, and Daimler-Chrysler in America. But what about the car companies you don't really hear about? That's why sometimes, I like breaking from mainstream and see the world. I got my boy Pimp Racer down in Florida, and the company is based in Florida. I don't think Mosler has been SERIOUSLY successful, but it is a nice diversion from the common American muscle we're well accustomed to. I respect British makes from Rover to McLaren.

In a way, the Mosler MT900 looks like a mid-engined Corvette, but it's much more beautiful than the sexy C5 and the sexier (and maybe even naughty) ZO6. Whew... didn't know cars can be "naughty"... Anyhow, I think it's about time an American firm can step up to the world as American companies have in the past. I mean, Chevy, Ford, and Dodge have stepped up bigtime within the past 50 years. And I think it's time for something out of the norm. Now, the MT900 is powered by a Corvette motor, so anything with a 'vette motor is surely American. And think of the American Mosler in British GT the Audi R8 trying to whip everyone else's butts on track. I mean, don't take Mosler as a "wannabe British sports car maker," but think of them as something out of the ordinary from America. I'm actually proud that America has some true sportscars even the world can appreciate. And I'd say the very same thing even if someone made a $500,000 super car in South Africa or the Tahiti Islands.

I mean, that's my view on Mosler. Not saying it's everyone's view.

I agree about loving foreign sportscars too, are you aware of the $300,000 mid engined supercar from Morocco, North Africa called Laraki Fulgura?
 
Back