Mosport/CTMP

• Thread starter Chunk88
  • 23 comments
Chunk88
Circuit_Mosport_Park.png
Canada's greatest track and one of the fastest and most challenging courses in the world. In recent years they've updated the grounds and turned it in to a world class racing facility once again. Its two biggest events it currently holds are a race in the NASCAR truck series and a round in the inaugural Tudor championship. In the past it has hosted just about everything including Formula 1. It's my home track and I'd love to see it in GT.

Last edited:
Nice to see someone else giving the track the recognition it deserves! I live 30 minutes away and race karts up there at the kart track, I've been waiting for the day to have my home track make it into a game.

It'd been cool if they put all 3 tracks in the game too. GP, Kart and DDT.

I live in Guelph so it takes me around two hours to get there. Have they finished updating the development track? Either way, I feel like if it was in the game, it would become a favorite pretty quickly...drivers always talk about how old school it is and how much they love it

I haven't been up in there in a while(being winter and all) so I'm not 100% sure on the status of the DDT atm, but I do know it's not finished yet.

I agree, it really is an awesome track. I was lucky enough to go up to there with my neighbour one day last year for a track day. Just from my perspective in the passenger seat(I'm only 16, so driving wasn't an option for me lol) I could tell that it's definitely a one of a kind track, especially turn 2.

Just to add to the thread, this is the new DDT track layout currently being constructed:
1240379_10152052530041013_249421347_n.jpg

Oval has been removed and the new track combines parts of both oval and old track, but the surface is all new pavement and wide.

Ahhh, very well...

*sees post with new layout*

Ggggggagagagaaaahhhhhh! They took out my favourite turns on the DDT! :mischievous: I wonder if I can hit 200 km/h now... :mischievous: the downhill will still be 130/140 km/h, but the uphill, that will be stupid fast now. :D from the farthest south tip to the north chicane will be flat-out. Going in the reverse direction, 210/220 km/h... :eek:

And that's the small track...

I saw someone there for rFactor 2, taking pictures of the buildings nearby etc.
There is a lot of interest in getting it into the game. Given the new ownership (Canadian Tire,) I'd imagine that the new owners would be much more willing to allow the license to be given out. A lot of people seem to "forget" about Canada's best tracks, but I really believe the Canadian Tire ownership is trying to make the track more popular.

Well, at least there is some interest. :lol: I do agree though that the new owners would like to have it featured as much as possible. That is one good thing about it's revitalization. I don't like all the changes they made to the run-offs and such but there are other good changes as well. I suppose it was worth the price in order to prevent it from fading into obscurity.

Classic Goodness.

Circuit_Mosport_Park.png
Canada's greatest track and one of the fastest and most challenging courses in the world. In recent years they've updated the grounds and turned it in to a world class racing facility once again. Its two biggest events it currently holds are a race in the NASCAR truck series and a round in the inaugural Tudor championship. In the past it has hosted just about everything including Formula 1. It's my home track and I'd love to see it in GT.

A classic "old school" track. Would love to negotiate the off-camber corner two.

I'm a bit suprised (and a bit sad) to see that there are just 72 votes for this track.
I really thought MoSport would have more fans here :guilty:

This track made it to AC and I have to say it's everything I hoped it would be and more. An old school track from the golden age of auto racing, basically unchanged since then, high speed, off camber corners, elevation changes galore, extremely fast and long back straight. This should be in every serious racing game and no I'm not biased at all!!:cheers:

Oh Canada!! Yes yes and more yes. My dad took me there when I was 2...don't remember a damn thing :(. Now I live in BC :lol:

Practice from this past weekend's IMSA Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge in a Street Tuner class Caymen.

Grew up 5 minutes from the track in Pontypool (where the track should be, it's far closer to Pontypool and even Orono than it is to Bowmanville, and part of it is past the dividing line between Kawartha Lakes and Clarington), could hear the engines on the wind all summer, and remember sneaking in to watch practice there in the early 2000s when the Audi R8s and BMW V12 LMRs were on track

I remember driving on this track sometime around 2002. What I can’t remember is what game it was in. Does someone have a list of games where this track featured by any chance?

What I do know is that it looks like it has a very nice flow to it and would be great to drive on in GTS.

Back