• Thread starter Slash
  • 8 comments

Slash

POWER BY FORD
Premium
United States
Indian Falls, NY
slashfan7964
I've seen some wild album covers before, but I always wondered what the most crazy ones were out there. Post away. Personally, I think this one takes the cake. Iron Maiden's Somewhere in Time (1986). There is over 200 references to the bands previous work.

06time01.jpg

As soon as I read the thread title, I thought of Somewhere in Time... I remember spending hours with friends picking stuff out. This one may be hard to beat, but I'll be paying attention to this topic for sure.
Sgt. Pepper's album cover might be considered complex for the choices of the people on it, depending on what you hear and believe, that is.

Have a good one

Bright Eyes' 2007 album "Cassadaga" has some amazing art work. Both the LP and CD come with a spectral decoder to view hidden images and messages in the artwork. Zack Nipper, the artist, won a grammy award for the design. Complex artwork doesn't have to be restricted to metal and hard rock. :P

1300361387411702.jpeg

cassadag_5_back_decoded.jpg

tumblr_lmy1jiI8GR1qbpd4t.jpg

That posthumous Michael Jackson release titled 'Michael' is pretty complex. According to one conspiracy theorist friend of mine it says he's alive or something, too?

Bright Eyes' 2007 album "Cassadaga" has some amazing art work. Both the LP and CD come with a spectral decoder to view hidden images and messages in the artwork. Zack Nipper, the artist, won a grammy award for the design. Complex artwork doesn't have to be restricted to metal and hard rock. :P

Never implied that t had to be rock oriented :sly:

Back