Most fun I've had in a long time

• Thread starter sid77
  • 7 comments
Hi guys

Just a quick post to say I think what GT Sport sets out to do which is seamless online (clean) racing it gets absolutely bang on! I've had so much fun since launch racing around Suzuka and now the 3 new rotations. I'm currently DR rating C although I'm a slither off gaining my B rating. Initially ranked as D it was a little frustrating because of inexperienced drivers but I quickly gained C rating and the races became a lot more intense and clean!

I'm playing on the DS4 which has been better than expected as well. I do have a G27 so I'm currently looking at the DriveHub solution to get this working on PS4, its £90 but a damn sight cheaper than buying a new wheel considering my G27 is in really good condition and I also use it for my PC racing.

Everything about the online racing experience has been a joy particularly the performance, next to zero lag and very smooth. I particularly like saving the race replay and watching it back because it shows the race in a completely different light and it looks amazing! Most drivers I'm pitted against clearly want to race, don't get my wrong I've been involved in some dodgy collisions and been penalised when I don't think its fair but I'm sure PD will iron out the kinks. I'm desperate to get into the B league but I'm currently a few tenths from qualifying at the top of the leaderboard to give me a chance. Even so the racing I've had has been intense and most of all really good fun!

Well done PD.

haha :cheers:! my message got deleted, but joking aside, do you not have all the problems everyone else has
,qualifying times not updating, unable to connect to races, sometimes only 3 or 4 people in a race, 3rd place starting a lap ahead ! handling of car changing between qualifying and the race,

im ranked B B at the moment and is near on impossible to raise any higher as everyone uses you as a moving break, and you end up with a 10 second penalty for hitting the wall ! no sportsmanship what so ever unless you get away clean from the pack you have little chance.

the system in place simply does not work as intended, or maybe it does and it will not be changed at all

Qualifying times not updating
Nope not seen this

Unable to connect to races
Maybe once but then a few hours later PD posted a latest news apologising

Sometimes only 3 or 4 people in a race
Not witnessed this

3rd place starting a lap ahead
Nor this...

Handling of car changing between qualifying and the race
Definitely not experiencing this either

The game in general is light on content and im not sure how long it will keep me coming back for with a small list of cars and tracks but I have to admit what it does it does superbly well.

Both GT5&6 had a bit of everything but some of it was half done/unfinished.

Sport doesn't try to do too much it simply does what it's intended to do extremely well.

After the online lag in GT5&6 i expected the same in sport and thought it will ruin the main focus of the game but so far no issues with lag and my B ratings provide (mostly) fair and clean races. :)

Great you have a good experience! :)

I have only tried one Sport race so far (still mainly focusing on the campaign stuff), and I had a blast!

I did the Gr.4 Suzuka race in the McLaren. I chose the McLaren because at the time it was the only Gr.4 car I had, and I prefer to race cars that I have actually aquired, I'm strange that way :P.

Anyway, managed to get a good lap and was pretty happy with 3rd place in qualifying. I'm racing using DS4 by the way, and I feel it handles great, aside from the countersteering problem. Hopefully that's fixed soon.

Race event started and I did some last minute practice during the short warm up period. Race started and suddenly I get some stage fright and overshoot the first turn, and drop down to 4th place. Second turn and the car that passed me also overshot the corner and I reclaimed 3rd place. I got my act together and kept my line tidy and right away managed to create a sizeble gap from the rest of the drivers, but failed to close the few seconds gap to 2nd (Mazda) and 1st place (Ferrari 458). However I was happy with 3rd place, and I also saw my SR go up from C to B just from this race.

Overall it was a really fun and clean race, and I'm definitaly looking forward to do some more races in Sport Mode later on, great first impression. Hopefully those bugs people are running into won't become the norm and PD irons them out. Judging by the new daily races they seem to be listening and I have high hopes for the future :)

Happy racing everyone! :)

Last edited:
Same here, I have played 2 races in Sport mode so far, and they were among of the best online races I have ever had. The second race had me started at 6th position, but due to some bug it looked like my car had a collision at the start of the race (while still in auto drive), so I started my race at last position, facing the wrong direction in the grass. Still, it was an awesome race because I was able to catch up, overtaking a few and ending up in 6th place. I loved that race. I don't care about winning, I just want a nice and clean race.

Hopefully the rating system is rewarding these kind of situations too, and not increase ratings just for winning races.

Not sure if I raced you (OP) yesterday, username rings a bell, had a blast in Lobby mode, don't know. ANYWAY. Regarding the handling being different between quali and the race. I've experienced this and I'm fairly sure it's cold tyres after being sat on the start line. Give it half a lap and you're flying.

If anyone's ever ran race tyres (that require tyre warmers) cold, they'll know the HUGE difference it makes. (motorcycle track days for me).

Back