Most memorable B-Spec race?

• Thread starter Storm_SP17
  • 13 comments
England
Essex
CWM_StormPacer
I just wanted to know if any of you guys have tried to make B-Spec that little bit more challenging than just grinding points? I'd love to hear some stories from you all about particular B-Spec events/races that you actually had to put the most effort into winning, or even just races where you remember being particularly epic, memorable or fun to manage/watch.

I just wanted to know if any of you guys have tried to make B-Spec that little bit more challenging than just grinding points? I'd love to hear some stories from you all about particular B-Spec events/races that you actually had to put the most effort into winning, or even just races where you remember being particularly epic, memorable or fun to manage/watch.

Probably Suzuka Super GT championship. It was 100% rain all race, had to get the car right before letting them try and win it, then constantly manage them to get into the lead. Race ended up taking about an hour and a half of which I spent most of it constantly messing with the pace of the driver to keep them ahead but not go off. My drivers weren't that high level at that point.

I suppose the NASCAR Championship at Daytona will be in my mind for a while for being so infuriating. Tried to win in a few times and every time my driver would just sit behind the other cars and never try to get into the lead. Tried once more but in a Ford instead and he drove straight into the lead and pulled like a 5 second gap within a few laps and won really easily. AI logic :P

I still remember the time when I was doing the B-Spec Classic Racing Cars with my Toyota 7 Race Car. I spent like hours trying to win Monaco, which in my opinion was the hardest B-Spec Race of the whole game. I finished all B-Spec races, except that one. But when it finally seemed I won the race, this happened. It was lap 7, got in 2nd place behind another Toyota 7 Race Car, which kept holding me behind him since like almost the beginning of the race.

I finally managed to overtakek him in the tunnel part, where I took the lead. I broke for the chicane, when he came in full speed crashing me into the chicane. My driver had to reverse back on the track, where my opponent Toyota 7 got past me, and overtook me again. I was so angry that I forced my driver to push him to the max, trying to get back to him.

In lap 8, I magically came back to him at the tunnel part again. I told my driver to calm down, so he would stay behind him, and he did. I told him to overtake the 1st guy right before the chicane, and luckily, he did. He got past him pretty easily, braking late into the chicane, leaving him in dust. I overtook him safely, leaving him behind.

I told my driver to calm down, so he won't crash into something. I ultimately won the race, which was like the most relieving experience for GT5. It was the last B-Spec race I had to do.
There were no 2J, which is why I really wanted to finish it, because next time, I would defenitely get 2J's in it.
But, that's my most memorable B-Spec race I'd ever done.

Suzuka, Super GT
That's crazy... 100% rain is tricky, the driver will always something silly if you leave them alone and they get too hot. What car did you end up using for it?

Daytona, NASCAR
Yeah, that race was a killer! I remember having to try over and over to win that. I remember one of my drivers (N.Vasilyev) in the last race at Daytona pulled out a 4 second gap right off the bat until the very last lap, got swallowed up in traffic that was drafting him, but managed to win by a few tenths at the end.

Monaco, Classic Racing Cars
The Toyota 7 is a beast, but thank goodness you didn't get the 2Js in that race. Good win too, very smart idea to allow your driver to cool off at Nouvelle chicane. I noticed a very bad habit with mine too, but at the time I didn't think of doing that, I just went all-hell trying to pass the guy in front everywhere else on the track.

That's crazy... 100% rain is tricky, the driver will always something silly if you leave them alone and they get too hot. What car did you end up using for it?

Honestly cant really remember, pretty sure it was a stock premium Super GT car, just did an oil change and off we went. I had tried the Nomad Diablo originally but the AI wasn't fast in it.

Le Mans Expert B-Spec Seasonal event, 700 pp limit.
My team of A.Nakano and S.Furukawa in an Audi R8 Race Car '01.

Azusa started off, and she steadily moved her way up the field until Lap 3, when I decided to switch to wets (it began raining pretty hard and the track got real wet).

Sanae took Azusa's place and we were in about 5th or so, so through rest of the laps Sanae continued Azusa's push up through the pack.

Lap 9 rolls around, we're in 3rd and the leading pair of another Audi R8 and a Toyota GT-ONE decided to pit for new slick tires and fuel, while Sanae only took on a tiny bit of fuel.

Final lap rolls around and a certain "Oh @#$%" look descends upon my face when I realize the rear tires are absolutely fried. Despite nearly half a minute lead, the pair of Audi and Toyota started tearing down the Mulsanne Straight like rabid, hungry, crack-addicted dogs... up until they tried navigating Mulsanne Corner, when they both slipped on some puddles and nommed the wall. I laughed so hard, and then realized I shouldn't be laughing because as soon as they recovered, the gap began shrinking again.

So Sanae's tip-toeing through the Porsche curves on fried tires. By now, the gap between her and the other two cars is only 4 or 5 seconds - a gap that rapidly shrunk as she left the Ford Chicanes. Thankfully, the gamble paid off and my team won by less than a second.

Le Mans Expert B-Spec Seasonal event, 700 pp limit.
Wow, that was a gamble that almost didn't pay off, at that point I bet your eyes were peering through your hands at the screen. I bet Nagisa was cheering good ol' mum around the whole time though! Wasn't a Team K-ON Starfish Audi by any chance, was it?

Wasn't a Team K-ON Starfish Audi by any chance, was it?

If GT5 allowed us to completely repaint cars like Forza, it would have been one, yeah :(

This next story clip is from the GT All-Stars race at the Nurburgring Nordschleife, an earlier point of Azusa's career (Sanae hadn't been hired yet).

You see, back at an early point of my team's days, budget was tight. All we had was a rinky-dink Corvette C6 ZR1 RM doing most of our duties, and money was tight. Hard to believe considering Azunyan had just won the GT World Championship, but that's how it was.

The All-Stars race was next, but I had no idea what I was getting our team into. Of course, this being GT5, the ZR1 RM was maxed out to 900 something horsepower just for this race. I made the gears nice and long, knowing the Nordschleife's super-fast nature.

Loading screen... checking out the starting line-up... Toyota GT-ONE!? Mazda 787B!? Pescarolo C60 '04!? Oh boy. The other teams brought their real big actually-bullet-firing guns, while I was just in some cutesy maid cosplay and holding a silly Nerf squirt gun.

Oh well, have to press on, right?

First lap goes better than I thought. Azusa's already nudged her way up into third by the end of the lap, and is not that far off the leading pair consisting of a Pescarolo and Toyota. Azusa slowly crept up behind the Toyota, and it slipped into the grass at Hohe Acht, but no dice: Azunyan still had no real room to pass.

So then it was Dottinger Hohe where the pass would have to be made. Drafting off of the Toyota, Azusa's pass for 2nd was effortlessly easy. Using the power advantage she had, she caught the Pescarolo as well... at the worst possible place. Ever. I don't know about you, but I personally think nobody should ever try a pass at the Hohenrain Chicane. Ever. Seriously.

Guess what Azusa does? That's right, she made a pass there. Successfully! My jaw dropped and it stayed dropped when she somehow managed to keep the formerly-leading Pescarolo at bay for the win.

Nurburgring isn't to be messed with, especially with that much of an uphill battle again those car in a Corvette ZR-1. From Thergarten to Hohenrain you run the risk of becoming a sliding hazard if you try any moves!!! Well done to Azusa for making a move pay off there!

I'll have to look over one that I have, I managed to make a record of it somewhere on GTP, but it's a pretty long one about the 24-hr Le Mans race...

The 24hr Nurburgring. Some idiot sent me a friend request and I decided to delete it (Just hit the 24hr mark) and then my game froze! Will never forget that and will never forgive.

Edit: 6/7 years later & maybe I was being harsh by calling that person an idiot for something they had no control over lol. But that was annoying as hell!

Last edited:
Classic car event monaco, already mentioned here in this topic.
Finally used the toyota 7, upgraded all, and don't forget, oil change, added 40kmh to the top speed.
And always push speed up, until the car is in the tunnel and a opponent just whent into the tunnel?
Instantly select SLOW DOWN!!!! or your driver crashes into the wall at the chicane.
Same goes for the last corner before the long straigt to the finish.

And then the very memorable one, "classic/historic race" win with the Ferraro P330, or Ford mark IV, or the Jaguar, the three 20million historic cars to get the trophy.
back then i was very bad at driving in GT5, so i tried with B-spec :banghead:

ps, the funniest B-spec races, i got that special dlc pack for €11.99
Used the redbull prototype in the sunday cup, now that was fun.:cool:

A remote race. My driver vs my friend's driver. 20 laps on Indy, mine drove a GT-ONE and the other drove a Minolta. I just barely lost it :( (By 0,006 seconds. No joking, this actually happened.)

A remote race. My driver vs my friend's driver. 20 laps on Indy, mine drove a GT-ONE and the other drove a Minolta. I just barely lost it :( (By 0,006 seconds. No joking, this actually happened.)

Must have been a heck of a race. 👍 Those two cars are so closely matched great grinders in GT4. Were you able to save a replay?
I'm looking forward to the day we can race our drivers again Online.

Beating both Audi R8 LMS Race Car and S2000 GT1 Turbo in 4h of Nurburgring on grid with being away for half of the race, choosing random car because I just leveled to unlock 4 hrs of Ring.

The reason why it was most memorable for me is because I still felt Gran Turismo spirit somewhere in that game opposite to a newer GT's :/ even tho it was only a Bspec race.

I even wanted to write Race Report for this one because reading Reports here was really interesting sometimes.

Unfortunately I forgot to save a replay :banghead:

So, here's the pic and GT5 journey continues for me :)

IMG_20210121_215002~2.jpg

Back