Most memorable endurance race?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dautolover
  • 22 comments
  • 1,884 views
Messages
136
Messages
dautolover
Hey, guys.

I was doing the 60 laps at Grand Valley Speedway with a Honda Integra Type R (DC5). And boy, was it fun!

Specs (from top of my head):
- Carbon Hood
- Chassis Reinforcement
- Weight Reduction 1
- Turbo 1
- Racing Air Filter + Sports Intake Manifold
- Sports Catalytic Converter +
- Twin Plate Clutch + Semi-Racing Flywheel + LSD
- Full Custom Suspension (-5mm Ride Height and +1.0 Spring Rate on both front and back)
- Sport Hard Tires + Medium + Soft

PP~465 --- HP~265

Not all the cars on the grid were too much competition, except for one NSX. Put it this way, the NSX '01 was trailing me for a good 24 laps, and I'm not talking about a 10 second difference, I'm talking right behind me (1.5 seconds away tops).

The thing with the Integra is that by the 20th lap, the car's front tires were nearly gone. Whereas I could keep the NSX at least a second and a half away from me, by the 23rd lap, my tires began to give in, and the NSX began to catch up. The NSX eventually caught up during the course's last S-Curve, and took first.

I went in for a pit stop. I placed Medium tires on the back and Hard tires on the front. I caught up, perhaps in the 29th lap, because the NSX finally went for a pit stop. With a 20 second lead, I thought the race was mine. But I was wrong! The NSX, with a new set of tires, began to catch up--fast. In the 40th lap, it was right behind me again.

My tires began to give up at the 48th lap, at which point the NSX was inches away from overtaking me at the final S-turns. I hit the pits, reckoned that Medium tires could easily finish the last 12 laps. And I was right! I managed to close the 35 second gap between me and the NSX, since the NSX's tires at the 54th lap forced it to hit the pit.

The race was mine. Won by ~40 seconds.

At lap 54, still fighting for 1st place... Pretty crazy stuff. I would've probably not posted this thread if I had lost (lol), but still wanted to share and, at the same time, ask the people who dared to do the endurance races... have you guys had pretty close endurance races like this? Before in GT4, I would take a Toyota GT-One against measly American sports cars at Laguna Seca, and win by 20 laps. Here I decided to take a bigger challenge by taking an underpowered Integra against an NSX... Have any of you had a OMG moment during an endurance race? Have any of you won by mere seconds (below 10 sec?) Won 24 Le Mans with a 1 lap difference?

Please, tell!!
 
One time I only lapped the competition 7 times. Now THAT was intense.
 
Last edited:
I really enjoyed Laguna with a factory stock Civic Type R 07 with my weight added as a ballast. That was an extremely difficult race an required full focus.
I had the edge on the bends but they overpowered my down the straights.
Anyway I finished 2nd but thoroughly enjoyed the racing action. My favourite Endurance so far.
 
Most memorable? 9 hours at Tsubuka. Worst. Race. Ever.
 
Since PSN has been down I too have went back to certain races and tried in under powered cars. The best one was Laguna Seca which I did in a fireblade. Was an intense race was behind almost whole race but managed to win on pit strategy.
 
Since PSN has been down I too have went back to certain races and tried in under powered cars. The best one was Laguna Seca which I did in a fireblade. Was an intense race was behind almost whole race but managed to win on pit strategy.

Yeah, I realize that all mine was pit strategy as well.

Which brings an interesting point. Going all out clearly affects tire wear. I managed to get 24 laps on the tires precisely because I held back a lot. Not to say that I didn't push the car at certain points of the race... I did, but I did keep it to a minimum.

I will, without a doubt, attempt another endurance race, perhaps the Laguna Seca one. I'm just thinking of a good car to race.
 
My first Nürburgring 4h effort.

I took a Amuse S2000 GT1, my tires were gone but i thought i could manage a last round before i go into the pits. Well, bad thought. At the caroussel, my tires were completely worn off and i couldnt take one corner any good. That lap took me 16 minutes and the rest of the race i had to fight back to the top.
 
My most memorable one is Grand Valley, because it's the only one I did:guilty:
 
Indy 500 B-Spec is the one I most remember so far. Mazda Furai FTW. Beats everything else with its fuel lengthiness. Too bad it wasn't that great without a slipstream....but at least I still won.
 
My most memorable one is Grand Valley, because it's the only one I did:guilty:

Seconded. I also did Indy 500, but in an X2010 it's barely an endurance race (tape down the accel and go.)
 
GfxJG
Seconded. I also did Indy 500, but in an X2010 it's barely an endurance race (tape down the accel and go.)

If you have the lack of a social life required to do that manually with that car.. something is wrong with you... i drove a like the wind event with mine once.. its just gas.. turn... turn... turn... turn.. lap complete... turn... turn... VERTIGO.. hahah
 
ZR1fan
If you have the lack of a social life required to do that manually with that car.. something is wrong with you... i drove a like the wind event with mine once.. its just gas.. turn... turn... turn... turn.. lap complete... turn... turn... VERTIGO.. hahah

Hahaha lol Ikr. The most memorable endurance event was the 24 of Le Mans, Circuit de la Sarthe. I did it in the x1, but I had a goal of doing 500 laps. I did it and it was really fun, I spent a full half an hour ramming the AI lol
 
Nürburgring 4 hour endurance, I used an underpowered Mine's BNR34.
 
Vitzio
Nürburgring 4 hour endurance, I used an underpowered Mine's BNR34.

I used the Mines BNR34 too...awesome and close race...one endurance I don't mind doing over and over again
 
The Indy 500 was the only race that was competetive for me, I didn't have the FGT or X2010, so I used my Minolta. I won by less than a lap.In all the other races I used overpowered cars.
 
Indy 500 because of the prize car ( Jaguar XJ13). I did it with a Minolta.
 
4 hours of Tsukuba, mainly because there was nothing memorable about it. Sheer boredom of looking up at the remaining time and doing math in my head.
 
4hr nurb use the mine's skyline. battle with the amuse s2000 gt1 the whole race with a photo finish, tires were done, best race ever.
 
The Indy 500 was the only race that was competetive for me, I didn't have the FGT or X2010, so I used my Minolta. I won by less than a lap.In all the other races I used overpowered cars.

Wow, that's crazy. I thought my was close.

4hr nurb use the mine's skyline. battle with the amuse s2000 gt1 the whole race with a photo finish, tires were done, best race ever.

Congrats! I imagine it would've been devastating if you would've lost. Personally, I would've yanked my PS3 from the TV and thrown it out the window.

Seems like a lot of people have enjoyed the 4 hour Nur. race. I need to check if I can do it (I'm level 29 still), and if I can I'll give it a go.

Do you guys recommend taking on a particular rival car? Like me, I actually wanted to go against the NSX, so I kept restarting the event until I had it...
 
Last edited:
The Indy 500 was the only race that was competetive for me, I didn't have the FGT or X2010, so I used my Minolta. I won by less than a lap.In all the other races I used overpowered cars.

I won my Indy 500 B-Spec by a bit over 25 seconds, if only because I told my driver to back off to save fuel. Even then the fuel gauge was just a small slit...

4hr nurb use the mine's skyline. battle with the amuse s2000 gt1 the whole race with a photo finish, tires were done, best race ever.

👍
 
The problem with ALL the races is that they're really not very competitive. And that's the problem with the AI. There are SO many games out there with AI drivers that are challenging it makes on sense that PD released a product with AI as bad as it is.
 
Well Done Sir. happy im not the only one that plays GT5 for a race & doesnt consider it a grid to just win and uses an X2010 for everything
 
Back