Most played Mario Kart?

• Thread starter KromCo
  • 17 comments
United States
Wisconsin
KromCompany
My most played Mario Kart is Mario Kart 7 on 3DS. I spent about 10 hours a day on that game for months. It's still my favorite from a mechanics standpoint, but I love Mario Kart 8 a little less, but I still really like it. I love the graphics in 8, but one item at a time makes it difficult to defend.

Other than that, (also don't disappoint me by saying Mario Kart 64) what is your most played Mario Kart?

1. Mario Kart 8 (the latest and the reason why I brought the Wii U)
2. Mario Kart Double Dash (my favourite)
3. Mario Kart DS (Had a lot of replay-ability despite being completely broken)
4. Mario Kart 7
5. Mario Kart Wii (great casual fun, but honestly so frustrating with how 🤬 the item system is)
6. Mario Kart: Super Circuit (before DLC came in MK8, this game had the most tracks)
7. Super Mario Kart
8. Mario Kart 64 (Only played it 5 times, very overrated and IMO the weakest of the bunch and needs to rot with Sonic 06)

but one item at a time makes it difficult to defend.

I find that the best thing about Mario Kart 8, you can actually be offensive in 2nd Place instead of just tailing behind and hoping for a Blue Shell to come at your aid. Sure you can try to overtake but morethan less, 1st place will just :censored:block you with their held item making it more harmful than beneficial.

Makes it more enjoyable for 2nd place and forces 1st place to remain on their toes instead of just cruising. Makes me feel more satisfied for winning. It's also balanced by the fact that items don't hurt as much, if you are good enough you can still keep the lead after getting hit by a Blue Shell.

Last edited:
Mario Kart 8. I've probably spent half my time on that game time trialing two tracks, SNES Donut Plains 3 (only a tenth from World Record), and Mute City (Top 10). :lol:

I don't understand the dislike for MK64. My wife, myself, and friends would spend hours, well into the night racing each other. When not racing, setting TT ghosts for others to try and beat was fun too. My cousin worked different hours than I, so during the week, he'd come to my house, set a ghost for me to beat, Later that night, I'd beat it, and set a ghost for him. This would go on and on. We wore out multiple controllers playing this game. Loved it!

Tried MK on the Wii, and hated it. Just didn't have the same appeal as MK64.

For me:

Mario Kart Double Dash - Best Gameplay

Mario Kart Wii - Most played with 2+ people

Mario Kart 7 - Most Played Solo

Mario Kart Super Circuit - Nostalgia

Mario Kart 8 - DLC!!!!!!!

If Mario Kart 8 isn't the one I've spent the most time with, it will be sooner or later. It's easily the best of the series and a notable step forward for the franchise. I didn't even like MK all that much before MK8. The handling was wonky, many of the circuit designs weren't very compelling, and items were rather poorly balanced (MKWii most of all). MK8 addresses all of these things and delivers quite a package of content with the generous DLC, plus the 200cc class for hardcore racing game players like us. Drifting a 200cc kart/bike is as satisfying as the best Sega racing titles.

MMX
I don't understand the dislike for MK64.
Me either. It hasn't aged as well as other N64 titles, but for me it defined Mario Kart until MK8 came along. I haven't played MKDD or any of the handheld titles, but SMK and MKWii were certainly weaker than MK64, IMO.

Mario Kart 64 is probably my most played but the original Mario Kart is my favorite. Mario Kart Wii is probably my least favorite but it is still Mario Kart so I still had fun with it.

Mario Kart Double Dash. I've been playing it since I was three years old and I still do now.
It would be my most played (as it is my favourite) but there is very little to do at all unless you have friends for some of the best Battles and Races possible, IMO (to bad hardly anyone else in my area liked Double Dash).

I will always remember Shine Thief and Michael Bay Mode (Bob-omb Blast) fondly.

It would be my most played (as it is my favourite) but there is very little to do at all unless you have friends for some of the best Battles and Races possible, IMO (to bad hardly anyone else in my area liked Double Dash).

I will always remember Shine Thief and Michael Bay Mode (Bob-omb Blast) fondly.
It's a very important game to me, being the first one I ever played.

Mario Kart Double Dash for me 👍 Certainly the most fun to play with people IMO with 2 in each kart.

Back