most realistic tyres?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr_D
  • 5 comments
  • 874 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
459
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Messages
Capt_Quarck
In GT3 you had the simulation tyres and I used to race on them all the time (except when going against AI ofcourse). But now in GT4 you have N1, N2, and N3, and I don't know exactly how they work.

In example, if you take a Skyline and you want it to drive like it would in real life, do you equip the economy tires because they are the worst, or do you equip the N2 or N3's because it's a sportscar?

thanks in advance.
 
N2s give you the most realistic grip levels and laptimes I think.
 
awesome, thanks.

you see I always try to keep the cars as stock as possible. realistic tyres, no crazy upgrades, no TCS (can you believe the 2CV comes with TCS standard?! :dopey: ). Now I usually always race on N1's, but yesterday I drove the RUF BTR(?) and braking was just a bit too ridiculous it seemed, though maybe that was just my lack of skill :)
 
Several threads on this subject exist already...
Doing a search for "most realistic tyres" would get you to these pages...

Appropriate N-Tires for Different Types of Cars to Simulate Real Life Control?

and

What is real? (Normal car, N & S tire testing data)

Please take the time to actually SEARCH when you are prompted to do so before creating a thread.

Btw, there are not any realistic tires in GT4.
Many of us feel that the "feeling" of S tires is most accurate, but lap times show N tires to be the most accurate.
Even then, the N tires are not accurate.
Specifically, I suggest this thread as an example- N2 Tires on completely stock cars at the Nurburgring

Times on that list of mine that disprove N2 accuracy are...
7'15.761 Kent Mercedes SLR
7'50.955 Kent Corvette Z06 (C5)

The SLR ringing in a time 7 seconds faster than a Porsche GT in real life?
A C5 Z06, known for running 8'16 or so, shown here running 7'50 in my hands (even lower from some racers).

My suggestion to you is this... Race for the fun and race on whatever tires you find to feel the best.
If accuracy is what you are looking for, I suggest you start by racing without a reset button and if you crash give yourself a concussion.

Oh btw, thread closed.
 
Yeah, not sure what's up with that because it was originally a link to the search results.

In any case, the two threads linked were both on the first page of the results to a search on the exact terms used to title this thread.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back