Most satisfying moments in movies and TV shows?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sonygamer455
  • 6 comments
  • 2,039 views
Messages
5,968
United States
The US of A
This topic has been buzzing around in my brain lately, and I haven't seen any threads on this yet, so here it is! We’ve undoubtedly seen a lot of shows and movies before, and with them, a lot of satisfying moments we find ourselves wanting to watch time and time again. These satisfying moments can consist of a lot of things, like a character you dislike getting killed off, an old character making a comeback after a long period of time, or the hero finding or achieving something that they spent most of the duration of the show or movie trying to obtain. The list goes on, and there's no shortage of them.

So what’s yours? :) I’m aware everyone is going to have their own opinions on what they find satisfying, but keep it within the AUP, please.
 
Last edited:
I guess spoilers or no spoilers?

I'll start with two all "time" favourites:

Back to the Future

George McFly with that right cross.

It was a "Thank you Jesus!" moment. ;)

Friday

Craig, with the help everything in the front yard, knocking Deebo the bleep out!
 
I guess spoilers or no spoilers?
I didn't think about this, but I guess spoilers will be for anything that has only recently come out. Though what that time threshold will be exactly, I am not yet sure. If anybody has any suggestions, I'll be happy to hear them.
 
Last edited:
When SpongeBob goes off on Squidward and Mr. Krabs in "Can You Spare a Dime?".


Context: So in this episode, Mr. Krabs can't find his first dime, so he accuses Squidward of stealing it, they get into an argument about it, and then Squidward quits because of it. Squidward then becomes homeless, so SpongeBob agrees to take care of him, and for a while, he does, until Squidward starts taking advantage of him. While SpongeBob tolerates it for a while, he eventually gets fed up with Squidward, and as seen in the video, he goes off on him for this. After he loses it with him, he then confronts Mr. Krabs about it and attempts to get him to hire Squidward back, but he doesn't do it. So SpongeBob then gets absolutely furious with Mr. Krabs and starts violently choking him because of how Squidward had been driving him crazy at home, and he wouldn't hire him back because of a stupid dime. Eventually, Mr. Krabs realizes the dime had been in his pocket the entire time, and although the video cuts off after this, Squidward is then able to come back to his job.

Why do I find this satisfying?
1. It's cathartic, extremely cathartic at that. Squidward took advantage of him, drove him insane, and was being pretty rude about it, and Mr. Krabs was the reason the whole ordeal happened in the first place, and was being unbelievably petty. That said, SpongeBob was the one that had who suffered the most because of it, and seeing him get angry at them both is very satisfying to watch because his anger was completely justified, and they both deserved every bit of it. Between the two, him choking Mr. Krabs was easily the best part of it all and the reason I keep coming back to it.
2. It’s good character development. I haven’t kept up with the show in years, but at the beginning, I think that was the nicest he ever was to Squidward. Though as the situation progressed, we see his mood change a lot until he eventually loses it with him and later Mr. Krabs. The fact that it is directed at Squidward and Mr. Krabs is also interesting because I can’t think of many times he has ever gotten mad at Mr. Krabs, and even fewer times towards Squidward. This proves there's more to SpongeBob than just being happy and yelling “I’m ready” all the time, and it also proves even the nicest characters have limits.

I think this one might just be my favorite angry moment for SpongeBob in the show, and it's one I tend to enjoy watching time and time again.
 
Last edited:
ALL of the plot twists in AoT.
 
The build up for the air battle in Avatar, set to James Horner's finest score ("War"). I think one of the keys to the success of Avatar is how archetypical it is, and if you ever imagined a battle between legions of demons and angels over Eden (or viewed alternatively, payback against colonialists and conquerors everywhere) this is it.
 
The Battle of Bothawui in Star Wars The Clone Wars.

Context: The Republic had suffered heavy losses, and Anakin didn't have much left to defend against General Grievous, who was about to attack them. Despite Obi-Wan and Ahsoka insisting that Anakin retreat, he came up with a plan to take them down instead. Eventually, Grievous and his fleet arrive, and they start attacking. For a while, the odds appeared to be in Grievous's favor, and he was doing some serious damage. That was until Anakin revealed his hidden surprise, which consisted of a large number of AT-TE's hiding on the asteroids, and Grievous knew nothing of it until he had already passed them. :lol: So once the time came, the walkers attacked his fleet from below, where his ships are most vulnerable, and quickly took out one of them in the process, and later did some damage to another. This allowed Anakin's fleet to retaliate and eventually destroy the entire enemy fleet. Right before the battle was over, Grievous escaped before his ship could blow up, and Anakin just happened to see him. So he then attacks Grievous, only for his fighter to give out on him before he could destroy him.

Why do I find this scene satisfying?
1. Simply put, the AT-TEs being out in space and then attacking the fleet. This has always been my favorite part of the entire battle because it's not at all something you would expect to see in space, and it's just so fun to watch, especially since it turns the tide of the entire battle.
2. It's a fine example of what should be a grim situation turned into an unexpected victory.
3. Although they don't speak to each other or see each other face-to-face because they aren't supposed to meet until Star Wars Episode III, we get a little Grievous and Anakin interaction. Which is something you don't see often because of what I just mentioned, and I can only think of 3 other times in the show that the two were on the same battlefield together. Even more interesting, according to Star Wars Legends, this battle was one that was not under Palpatine's control, so anything could have happened here since he had no influence on it.

While this is easily one of my favorite shows, I don't really have a high opinion of season 1 these days, but this scene is one that has always stood out to me and one I still find myself going back to time and time again. Even if it has a rather unsatisfying ending.
 
Last edited:
Back