Motegi Oval Glitch

• Thread starter Turkey :D
  • 15 comments
GT5Racer0
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it before, but pit stops don't work correctly on the Motegi oval in arcade mode (Not sure about other modes). I was using the Gamestop Nascar, set the laps to 20. Whenever the field and I need to pit, the camera just spins around the exterior of my car and the pit crews never come out to change tires or refuel. Eventually, every car is sitting in it's pit stall motionless... To my surprise, after about five minutes the pit crew finally comes out and does their thing. I've replicated this a few times.

Edit: Uploaded video to dropbox.
It streams through the site, but not sure how to embed it like Youtube videos.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rlf0gracyqe72tz/2012-06-28%2004.22.17.mp4

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it before, but pit stops don't work correctly on the Motegi oval in arcade mode (Not sure about other modes). I was using the Gamestop Nascar, set the laps to 20. Whenever the field and I need to pit, the camera just spins around the exterior of my car and the pit crews never come out to change tires or refuel. Eventually, every car is sitting in it's pit stall motionless... To my surprise, after about five minutes the pit crew finally comes out and does their thing. I've replicated this a few times.

worked for me..

Worked for me too, I was testing how long it was taking.
Maybe you entry speed in the pit penalised you.
At 85-90 mph , no problem getting all four tires changed.

Turkey :D

Edit: Uploaded video to dropbox.
It streams through the site, but not sure how to embed it like Youtube videos.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rlf0gracyqe72tz/2012-06-28%2004.22.17.mp4

Not playable on iPhone.

Why can't people just use YouTube!!!!! Ugh

One thing that I notice with Motegi speedway online is that no prize money was awarded.

I'm guessing the problem is between DS3/Wheel and Seat. On many tracks, entering the pits too fast/late will result in a drive through penalty. A glorious example of this is Tsukuba. Enter too late, you get a drive through, enter too fast and you get rocket launched out of the pit entry lane. On most track you just get kicked back to the pit entry line with pit speed, which I myself find quite disappointing. these rules should be more strict, I'm glad they apply to Motegi!
Just for reference, Formula1 driver get fined up to $8k for speeding in the Pitlane

Works in GT-Life -> Practice -> Free Run, too.

But in Arcade, the car doesn't even stop in Free Run or a 5 lap race against the AI (using the 2011 Jeff Gordon NASCAR car) it just drives straight through the pit lane, regardless of how slow or fast (the AI takes control and accelerates to about 140 mph anyway) I enter the pitlane.

Third Reign
I'm guessing the problem is between DS3/Wheel and Seat. On many tracks, entering the pits too fast/late will result in a drive through penalty. A glorious example of this is Tsukuba. Enter too late, you get a drive through, enter too fast and you get rocket launched out of the pit entry lane. On most track you just get kicked back to the pit entry line with pit speed, which I myself find quite disappointing. these rules should be more strict, I'm glad they apply to Motegi!
Just for reference, Formula1 driver get fined up to $8k for speeding in the Pitlane

The problem is we ate not told what pit road speed is required to be and there is no commitment cone.

Also, for online if you search by track, Motegi's name is "motegi" no capitals or Twin Ring

Back