Motion control, is it useful?

United Kingdom
Behind you
Right I tried this again and still think it sucks, but some people think it's good so don't want to miss out if it's doable.
My problem is you have about 30* to full lock and although it's not a wheel so wasn't expecting 360+ or even 180* I thought it would be closer to 90* so can I change this? If not anything I should do in set up to use this? Also it seems to be slow to respond, but that could just be me too scared to move it more than a fraction because of the miniscule lock to lock.

My advice is to keep adjusting controller steering sensitivity (in 'Driving Options', under 'Advanced Settings') until you find a setting which is both responsive and controllable. Some, like the Shifter Kart, will require adjustments to -2 as they will be very twitchy otherwise (if you decide to do so, keep a note of your previous setting so that you can easily switch back when you're ready to use another car).

I wasn't too keen on the motion sensor at first, but it has practically become my default steering input for the past year or so. Probably the smoothest and most immersive input you can get on a pad, and well worth it once you find the right sensitivity settings and practice it for a while.

Also, wishing you a merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :cheers:

Cheers, read a bit then tried it again after a couple of races at Brands hatch Indy I was sort of getting it. Real slow though but doing 1:03 laps consistently. Then I tried stick and it feels so much faster, but only a couple of secs :crazy:. I also think I'm losing most of that due to thinking about the steering and not changing gears properly. It's late so maybe tomorrow I'll try again and use an auto for a while.

:gtpflag:This might actually work so thanks for the input people.:gtpflag:

Back