Moto controller?

• Thread starter MustangSVT
  • 15 comments
MustangXS
MustangXS
A couple days ago, I was at a Source by Circuit City (in canada), and I saw this Yamaha I think it was moto controller. Said it was compatible with PS2 (and xbox as well I think..).

This is it I think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-YAMAHA-Moto...categoryZ41017QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

http://madison.craigslist.org/ele/181831003.html

TbXjMqEVNbUGqtuhB0CvVgSlbk1z.jpg

I'm not 100% sure it was exactly that one, but it was very similar. It was $47 canadian (that's about $44 american). Has anyone used this. I'd be tempted to get this if it worked nice with tourist trophy.

I'm not a sure that will be good for a videogame... You can't controle the bike with your body, with your leggs... and you can't incline the bike as you want... just turn the front wheel.
I prefere continu to use pads... or I want a complete frame of a bike !
Perhaps it's a mistake :dopey:

(I hope my english is Ok guys.. I'm french and don't very good in english ^^ but I train !)

Now that would be great! (but expensive)

Had to be something like a mechanical bull, something strong enough to actually simulate a high side and send you up in the air! Or drop on it's side leaving you on the floor if you lose the front.

But something like that is still just day dreaming. So I'll stick to my DS2.

It'd be ok. I don't think the fact that the whole bike isn't there whould be a problem cuz it isn't there on the DS2. I'll stick with the DS2 though because I don't have the money to shell out for that if I'm only gunna use it for one game.

albazz
I'm not a sure that will be good for a videogame... You can't controle the bike with your body, with your leggs... and you can't incline the bike as you want... just turn the front wheel.

(I hope my english is Ok guys.. I'm french and don't very good in english ^^ but I train !)

Looks fine to me. 👍 I'm American and understood it so it's good enough.

Now that would be great! (but expensive)
It's only like $30 on that ebay actually. I understand the issue that it would only be for one game, but I've always felt disappointment when playing Tourist Trophy with the DS2 since I play GT4 with the Driving Force Pro.

When I saw the controller at the store, it felt a good idea at the time. I haven't purchased one, but I'm trying to research whether it works well (or whether it works at all) with Tourist Trophy.

MustangSVT
When I saw the controller at the store, it felt a good idea at the time. I haven't purchased one, but I'm trying to research whether it works well (or whether it works at all) with Tourist Trophy.
@ MustangSVT

hmmm!!, please let me know how you get on with the rsearch.
I cant work with ds2s and the likes. I'm a wheel man so I'd be quite keen to buy it if only for 1 game.

AMG.

I only see the DS2 in the list of controllers when you go into the options screen. In GT4 you can see all the different wheels and controllers that are compatible. However, if it recognizes it as a DS2, I suppose it would work.

albazz
You're absolutely correct - Something like that can never simulate what it feels like to be on, and control a bike, using your body... I'll stick with the DS2 as well !...

And your english is just fine - No worries there !...

Flerbizky
You're absolutely correct - Something like that can never simulate what it feels like to be on, and control a bike, using your body...

I totally agree with you there, I know I've ridden bikes for well over 20 years.
However I absolutely suck at using a DS2. And to be honest a DS2 doesnt give the option to 'use your body' either.
IF the bars work, and as Iceman mentioned, they're not listed, I'll give them a try.

AMG.

Here is what I know as thsi controller was out of the box at the store.

The right hand grip rotates (this is throttle I assume?). The two brake handles work just like on a bike (you pull them in). It's got some easily accessible thumb/index finger buttons.

Also for those of you who keep saying this:

You're absolutely correct - Something like that can never simulate what it feels like to be on, and control a bike, using your body... I'll stick with the DS2 as well !...
You can't do this with ANY controller. You can't simulator being in the car and the forces you get in the body. So why bother with a controller. Why bother with a steering wheel. The fact is, this moto controller would probably be much better than using a DS2. I still haven't found out if it works with TT though.

Edit: I found a link on ebay selling the game WITH the controller. Doesn't mention if it worked together in the description, but maybe I can ask.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tourist-Trophy-...4281843QQihZ001QQcategoryZ62053QQcmdZViewItem

Well I found a thread on this forum about this controller, and both guys said it wasn't that great because obviously you can't lean, you just turn it. I'll forget about the controller, maybe some other day in the future for some other moto game.

MustangSVT
Well I found a thread on this forum about this controller, and both guys said it wasn't that great because obviously you can't lean, you just turn it. I'll forget about the controller, maybe some other day in the future for some other moto game.

I sent an email query to a webshop here in NL and asked specifically if the Yamaha controller would work with TT.
Short answer was: No.

However if anyone has definite proof that it does work please PM me.

AMG.

It does work. There's a thread on it a couple pages back in this forum section, and I also e-mailed the person who was selling it on ebay, and they said it did work with Tourist Trophy, just that they didn't like it.

MustangSVT
It does work. There's a thread on it a couple pages back in this forum section, and I also e-mailed the person who was selling it on ebay, and they said it did work with Tourist Trophy, just that they didn't like it.

I stand corrected.
Here's a PM I got from Goixoye.

goixoye
I did also purchase the Yamaha motorcycle controller and tried it but was not impressed with the quality. Also having to do all the controlling with just my hands...gas, brake, shifting, steering proved to be difficult and I had trouble modulating the gas & brake.Hope that helps,

AMG.

I think the PS3 controller would be great in a TT game. It detects movement in all directions should you could play the game by rocking it to lean and twisting it like handlebars to have full control maybe.

I also think that handlebars alone would not be enough to control the bike. Unlike a car in which the steering and pedals are all that contribute to the motion, there is leaning in a bike which cannot be simulated without a full frame. I'm sticking with the controller.

Back