Motoinno TS3 to go to Moto2

United Kingdom
Somewhere only we know.
FanofGT5
Hi, the people at Motoinno in Brisbane Australia, seem to have perfected the old hub centre steering design.They fitted a Mcpherson strut with a scissor link as it's called.The bike looks complicated but has great feeling through the handlebars, more so apparently than conventional forks.Great turning circle too and is a great confidence booster for your riding ability.Plus is a million times lighter than normal bikes with forks.It is upto a second faster per corner than a GSX-R750, with an air cooled Ducati 900SS engine in it.This could make racing so much more exciting.More of an adrenalin rush than it is now.We'll just have to wait and see how it turns out in racing.If it's as good as i think it will be i would love to have one of these peeps.I'd obviously have it built to my own specific specification as well.Probably have it in kit form too.Just a thought, forks and a rear shock absorber, are better for going off road i think specifically for slippery surfaces.Where hardly any grip is involved.Meaning less stress on the frame etc.

http://www.gizmag.com/motoinno-ts3-motorcycle-suspension-steering-moto2/42378/

Cheers Nath.

4b318a6461f6ace3738bf9c8b6ddde30.jpg

Last edited:
Any ideas peeps if this type of suspension would be good enough for touring bikes, such as the latest Goldwing ?.Or is it only suitable for use at a track day or racing ?.

Wasn't this kind of solution designed not to dive as with the conventional telescopic forks when breaks are applied? I do not think I would get used to it actually. Have read about the bimota and I have been riding the bmw telelever solution and to me it felt as I was disconnected from the road. Same feeling or rather lack of front end feeling applies with this system it seems. Not what a rider wants if we should be honest.

Last edited:
Hi, just had a look on the Moto Innovation website and it states that with a Ducati Monster 1200 engine fitted ( 135bhp version ) it weighs 110kg ( possibly wet weight ).They said you could have a turbo bolted on to produce 200bhp but you wouldn't need it.Would be nice if it had a 1299R Panigale engine in it and tuned up to about 220bhp.If it handles the way they say it does this could be the start of a new chapter in handling and lightness etc.And would bring a new meaning to a scary fast bike.They will be taking the bike to Moto2 in about 6 months time, with a CBR600RR engine.So will have to see the race results.

Back